sly0502

Please help me.. really desperate.

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yeah, I meant he tried to extend the status but it was denied.

So as long as I am hired by a company, it's possible for me to apply for B2..right?

How about if I want to come to the US to pursue the graduate program after I am done with undergraduate in Korea?

Or how about internship in the U.S?

Then I have to apply different form but not the immigration visa one right?

Student Visa is F1.

Internship, well there is not one but probably a J1 could cover it.

But they are all long shots.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

find a nice guy who is a USC

get married

buy a house

have a bunch of kids

sounds like a plan to me :thumbs:

good luck to you

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Filed: Timeline

Your situation is quite difficult. Why not try for a F1, student visa (for graduate schooling) after satisfying the years you are banned in entering the us. Also let your parents in the usa obtain a legal status by all means so i think they have to get a lawyer. There are questions in the application about your relatives in the USA and followed, if they are legal or not-- so to make things not complicated accomplish one thing at a time.. With F1 you may have some bits of freedoms and more opportunities... also if you are deported (are you or is this voluntary departure?), you need to reflect that in your visa application-- Telling a lie does not help. Find a scholarship where you are accepted or any big news to support your student visa..

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

But if I get out of the country next month, I will be banned to come to the US for 10 years..

and I will be too old to go for graduate school...

Also, I don't know how my parents could get legal status when they are already illegal..

Would getting scholarship in one of the graduate school in the US help me get a F1 visa?

Your situation is quite difficult. Why not try for a F1, student visa (for graduate schooling) after satisfying the years you are banned in entering the us. Also let your parents in the usa obtain a legal status by all means so i think they have to get a lawyer. There are questions in the application about your relatives in the USA and followed, if they are legal or not-- so to make things not complicated accomplish one thing at a time.. With F1 you may have some bits of freedoms and more opportunities... also if you are deported (are you or is this voluntary departure?), you need to reflect that in your visa application-- Telling a lie does not help. Find a scholarship where you are accepted or any big news to support your student visa..

Since you have been in the US for so many years and now have acquired unlawful presence, I very much doubt that the US Embassy would ever grant you a student visa. I have a co-worker from South Africa, she and her husband are here. Her daughter has never been in trouble with the law or anything and had applied for a F-1 for graduate school, had funds and all, but they denied her because they didn't think she would go back to South Africa because her parents lived there. US immigration exists to keep people out (especially non-married to USC aliens). You parents (and therefore you) didn't play by the rules. I'm sorry, but I think the only way you're getting back to the US after leaving is marrying a USC...

edit: oh, and as others have said, through your sister once she becomes a USC. But after that, it takes 10+ years...

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

By which time the ban will be up.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If you leave the US, you will have a very hard time, almost impossible in getting a visa to return back to the shores of the USA. The only possible way in your situation would being the spouse of a USC. I know you do not wish to go this route, but if you should leave please understand leaving means never returning unless our immigration laws changes or you are a spouse of a USC.

On a side note, it is easier to fight immigration laws within the USA, then it would be to be on the outside. There is no law in the universal that states a country must allow a non-citizen to enter their shores.

Your dream has many complications, you will have to give up something inorder to gain something. What those somethings are only you can decide.

Good luck,

By which time the ban will be up.

Yep, but it sounded like he wanted to enter the US before then on a waiver/scholarship...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Timeline

I was wrong, yes you have a 10 year ban. You get a pass until you are 18 for the reasons you mentioned.

If your Father had applied to renew his Visa then he would have done so outside the US, but you said he was here? So how did he get here.

If you want to apply to visit you would apply for a non immigrant visa, theoretically there is a waiver available but I doubt they would give you one any time soon. No harm in applying and seeing.

Having Parents illegally in the US obviously makes it much less likely you would be granted a visa and waiver to see them. You did not say why they could not leave?

This is the best answer and he is spot-on! If you were to attempt marriage to a U.S. Citizen - It would draw red flags too (this happened to a friend of mine) and you surely would have no chance.

get married

buy a house

have a bunch of kids

good luck to you

piglett

Disgusting advice.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

get married

buy a house

have a bunch of kids

good luck to you

piglett

This might be humor but it is really not funny to suggest this to OP. And I doubt VJ and the powers that b would condone advising a person in this situation to do this.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Seems the most practical solution, unless you have a better idea?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seems the most practical solution, unless you have a better idea?

It suggests immigration fraud which is a violation of the Terms of Service for Visa Journey. The OP has already stated she does not wish to get married for immigration purposes and is trying to find other legal alternatives that will allow her to remain or return to the US to continue her studies.

OP, you said your parents received a letter from immigration about deportation and you asked if you have been deported. It sounds like what they got was a letter telling them they could self-deport which means leave the US voluntarily rather than wait for ICE to come and collect them and remove them on ICE's terms. Currently, the US Government's focus is on removing illegally present individuals with criminal backgrounds which it does not appear applies to you or your parents. The problem is that you are not able to attend a US University without legal status in the US. Was your reason for not being able to see your parents for 4 years if you returned to Korea was because you would be in University there and neither of you would be able to travel?

You were asking about attending grad school in the US and concerned that if you waited out the 10 year ban you would be too old for grad school. While it may seem from where you are now that you would be too old, don't worry, you wouldn't be. Many students return to get a graduate degree after several years in the workforce and there is no reason you could not do the same. I realize that would be another 6 years if your parents are still in the US (and it is possible that they will be if your sister gets citizenship and is able to apply for them to get a green card in a few years time, although I am not sure they can adjust legally from an illegal presence). In that scenario, while you might have a 10 year ban, you could try to attend graduate school in Canada instead. Your sister would be able to visit you and if your parents can get green cards from her rather than be deported, then they would be able to visit you as well. Canada has some excellent Universities and your current status in the US would not affect your qualifications to attend a University there. Regardless, this would be 4 or 5 years in the future and a lot can happen in the meantime.

Please remember that if you have no legal means to remain in the US, that there are other options that are available to you if you are able to look at a longer time frame and accept that there will be some time involved in separation. Ten years seems like a long time when you are 19. Whatever happens in 10 years you will be 29 and still with much of your life ahead of you. A lot can happen in 10 years.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Getting marriage for Immigration Purposes is not fraud and not against the TOS.

I think you forgot the word solely, which I certainly would never suggest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.