bluebellperriwink

Confused about I-864 at NVC.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So we got the dreaded email from NVC today saying that they didn't accept our financials and we would need to find a co-sponsor. The only problem is ... My husband makes $1000 more than 125% of the poverty level for 2 people. We also included $15k in bank statements. He didn't make the poverty level on his 2011 taxes ... Is that the reason why they didn't accept us??

Does anyone have any other ideas as to why they say he doesn't meet the guidelines???

Thank you for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Uggggh. Find a joint sponsor or wait until he files 2012 taxes to re-submit AOS. Atleast you have 2 options, and tax season is less than a year away so your case will still remain open at NVC if you do have to wait. Sorry about this...

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

It's not a sure thing that your I-864 was denied entirely because of income from 2011. Remember that current income is critical for an affidavit of support, while past income is historical. Falling short in 2011 certainly isn't helpful, but it's not a deal-breaker. However, if the sponsor's current income is barely more than the poverty level requirement - that can be a big deal. Regardless, you'd be best off securing a joint sponsor, as requested by NVC.

Timeline

Okay so this is what happened :

We had all our documents sent in and accepted on Monday. On Tuesday morning I woke up to an email from NVC with a checklist. Inside it said to send our civil documents (which I had done already) and this about our I-864

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to

the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that the Affidavit of Support

information you have provided does not appear to meet the minimum

income requirement according to the current poverty guidelines to sponsor

the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. The consular officer will make

a decision regarding this requirement at the time of your interview. In

order to avoid delays, you may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of

Support (Form I-864) for a/another Joint Sponsor to the National Visa

Center to assist in sponsoring the intending immigrants. To view the

current poverty guidelines, visit

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

If you decide to use a Joint Sponsor to assist in sponsoring the intending

immigrants, please note that you the sponsor may not use Form I-864EZ

and will also need to submit Form I-864.

As I said in an earlier post, my husband does make more than 125% of the poverty guidelines for 2 people by about $1000. Knowing this was low we sent in bank statements amounting to about 15k. So I was confused as to why this was the case and emailed them back. No response yesterday or this morning so I called them today and the operator told me that our case was complete. So what does this mean for our situation? Do we need to get a joint sponsor and just bring that paperwork to the interview? Or can we bring proof of other assets ie. vehicles & a motorcycle along with current bank statements that will show more in our savings. We're trying to get my husband's dad to co sponsor but he is really reluctant due to the legal obligations so we would really like to try and do this ourselves if possible. Is this possible?

Is it normal to pass through NVC without meeting the minimum guidelines?

Thanks for any help or insight!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC sends false checklists sometimes. I received three, if your case is complete for sure, then I can say it was false, soon you should receive your interview date, good luck!

Marriage: June 21, 2011

USCIS (179 days - 5 months and 27 days)

I-130 mailed: August 24, 2011

NOA1: September 1, 2011

Touched: September 6, 2011

NOA2: February 27, 2012

NVC - 30 days

NVC Received: March 05, 2012

NVC assigns case #: March 09, 2012

E-mailed choice of agent according to VJ's sample: March 13, 2012

Received AOS package and I-864 bill: March 14, 2012

Paid I-864 bill: March 15, 2012

I-864 bill status PAID: March 16, 2012

Mailed AOS package: March 19, 2012

NVC’s operator informed on the phone they accepted AOS package: March 23, 2012

Received checklist for the DS-3032: March 23, 2012 (the first electronic choice of agent didn’t get through…)

Resent electronic choice of agent to NVC: March 23, 2012

NVC accepts electronic choice of agent: March 26, 2012

IV bill invoiced: March 27, 2012

IV bill paid: March 28, 2012

IV bill status PAID: March 29, 2012

Mailed IV package: March 29, 2012

CASE COMPLETE: April 04, 2012

NVC left and interview scheduled: April 06, 2012

Interview date: May 30, 2012

Result: APPROVED!!!!

976029h8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Okay so this is what happened :

We had all our documents sent in and accepted on Monday. On Tuesday morning I woke up to an email from NVC with a checklist. Inside it said to send our civil documents (which I had done already) and this about our I-864

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to

the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that the Affidavit of Support

information you have provided does not appear to meet the minimum

income requirement according to the current poverty guidelines to sponsor

the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. The consular officer will make

a decision regarding this requirement at the time of your interview. In

order to avoid delays, you may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of

Support (Form I-864) for a/another Joint Sponsor to the National Visa

Center to assist in sponsoring the intending immigrants. To view the

current poverty guidelines, visit

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

If you decide to use a Joint Sponsor to assist in sponsoring the intending

immigrants, please note that you the sponsor may not use Form I-864EZ

and will also need to submit Form I-864.

As I said in an earlier post, my husband does make more than 125% of the poverty guidelines for 2 people by about $1000. Knowing this was low we sent in bank statements amounting to about 15k. So I was confused as to why this was the case and emailed them back. No response yesterday or this morning so I called them today and the operator told me that our case was complete. So what does this mean for our situation? Do we need to get a joint sponsor and just bring that paperwork to the interview? Or can we bring proof of other assets ie. vehicles & a motorcycle along with current bank statements that will show more in our savings. We're trying to get my husband's dad to co sponsor but he is really reluctant due to the legal obligations so we would really like to try and do this ourselves if possible. Is this possible?

Is it normal to pass through NVC without meeting the minimum guidelines?

Thanks for any help or insight!

BTW, just to give you the complete answer, when you receive your interview date, in the end of the letter they will tell you what documents they got and what you need to bring to your interview. So there you will know what you need to provide! :)

Marriage: June 21, 2011

USCIS (179 days - 5 months and 27 days)

I-130 mailed: August 24, 2011

NOA1: September 1, 2011

Touched: September 6, 2011

NOA2: February 27, 2012

NVC - 30 days

NVC Received: March 05, 2012

NVC assigns case #: March 09, 2012

E-mailed choice of agent according to VJ's sample: March 13, 2012

Received AOS package and I-864 bill: March 14, 2012

Paid I-864 bill: March 15, 2012

I-864 bill status PAID: March 16, 2012

Mailed AOS package: March 19, 2012

NVC’s operator informed on the phone they accepted AOS package: March 23, 2012

Received checklist for the DS-3032: March 23, 2012 (the first electronic choice of agent didn’t get through…)

Resent electronic choice of agent to NVC: March 23, 2012

NVC accepts electronic choice of agent: March 26, 2012

IV bill invoiced: March 27, 2012

IV bill paid: March 28, 2012

IV bill status PAID: March 29, 2012

Mailed IV package: March 29, 2012

CASE COMPLETE: April 04, 2012

NVC left and interview scheduled: April 06, 2012

Interview date: May 30, 2012

Result: APPROVED!!!!

976029h8.png

Sounds like NVC is referring your I-864 to the consulate to make the final decision (as they do anyway). As mentioned in your other post, if you can secure a joint sponsor, do it.

Just curious - but being only $1000 over the requirement - how many months of paystubs did you provide? Did you send an employment letter? How did you document your bank assets?

Timeline

Sounds like NVC is referring your I-864 to the consulate to make the final decision (as they do anyway). As mentioned in your other post, if you can secure a joint sponsor, do it.

Just curious - but being only $1000 over the requirement - how many months of paystubs did you provide? Did you send an employment letter? How did you document your bank assets?

We sent an employment letter, 3 recent pay stubs and bank statements for four bank accounts.

We sent an employment letter, 3 recent pay stubs and bank statements for four bank accounts.

3 recent paystubs at what intervals? 3 weeks? 3 months?

It sounds like you were just considered very close to the line. The good news is that your case cleared NVC - now be prepared for the interview. Anything additional to support your financial picture will be beneficial. Remember the consulate has the final call on everything.

Timeline

3 recent paystubs at what intervals? 3 weeks? 3 months?

It sounds like you were just considered very close to the line. The good news is that your case cleared NVC - now be prepared for the interview. Anything additional to support your financial picture will be beneficial. Remember the consulate has the final call on everything.

Oh I'm sorry ... 3 pay checks totaling 6 weeks. Every two weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** two topics on the same issue merged ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.