Dark Knight

separated since marriage after two years now wants a card

54 posts in this topic

I guess my next question is will you call ice on a person that duped you into marriage.

You don't seem to have any proof of immigration fraud. Why not just file for a divorce?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline

If she wants to really work on the marraige then tell her ok but you will not sign and file anything as of now. If she is okay with that then she really does want the relationship. If she is not, then it is the greencard she is only looking for. When someone is here as fulltime student there visa will cover them. When they are finished with school technically they are to go back home. Was she still in school over the two years? Is she now finishing up? Is she now looking for another way to continue her stay here. Not sure what reporting may do, if she is here on a valid student visa? Not sure if this is correct. If you married and did not file anything what are you reporting?

Renee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It sounds like you should divorce and move on. If you don't want a life together, why get tangled up in the immigration aspect of her life? Let her continue to find her own way as she has for the past couple of years.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If she wants to really work on the marraige then tell her ok but you will not sign and file anything as of now. If she is okay with that then she really does want the relationship. If she is not, then it is the greencard she is only looking for. When someone is here as fulltime student there visa will cover them. When they are finished with school technically they are to go back home. Was she still in school over the two years? Is she now finishing up? Is she now looking for another way to continue her stay here. Not sure what reporting may do, if she is here on a valid student visa? Not sure if this is correct. If you married and did not file anything what are you reporting?

I really like your advice. i just didnt know how to handle the situation. plus its like talking to a ticking time bomb with her.

If im married and didnt file papers can i report for abandonment just curious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You obviously still care about her and she is probably using that to get what she wants and leave you again. Don't do this to your self. There are plenty of other choices. Why go back to someone that has a proven been emotionally unfaithful?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She will get the 10yr GC since you have been married 2yrs. I would just get a lawyer get her served with divorce papers and have no contact with her. Just because you still have feelings for her does not mean she does has feelings for you. Many ppl try to get back with their spouse when they realize they can't adjust status without them.

Are you able to show an immigration officer you have been living together as a couple since your marriage, did you add her to your bank account did she? Did you put her on your insurance etc. Since you have had 2 yrs the IO could be harder on the 2 of you then a newly married couple since you have had the time to make a life together. Think long and hard before you do something you already have doubts about.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

shes in florida. She also has her own place,job, and has a drivers licence. she started as a Fl student then we got married and that's when it went downhill. i dont know why is she asking me for to finish the process if shes fine on her own.

Maybe her Student status is about to expire and she's looking for an easy way out. Follow your gut! Based on what you've told us, this girl sounds shady to me. I hope you make you right decision and best of luck.

AOS TIMELINE
05.03.11 - Got Married

05.05.11 - Filed I-485, I-130 and I-765
06.08.11 - Biometric Done
07.27.11 - Mailed RFE to Lee's Summit MO(Express)
08.04.11 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! YAY!!!
08.12.11 - EAD IN HAND!!! WOOHOO!!
09.16.11 - INTERVIEW(No Decision on Spot, IO wrote in Passport"CR6 A# I-485 pending IO (name) USCIS LNY Section 245"
10.26.11 - Stokes Interview at 26 Federal Plaza
10.27.11 - APPROVED!!! WOOHOO!! WHAT A JOURNEY!!
11.01.11 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
11.04.11 - GREEN CARD IN HAND

ROC TIMELINE

08.01.13 - Mailed ROC Packet to VSC

08.14.13 - Biometric Appointment Letter Received

09.03.13 - Biometric Completed

09.17.13 - Case Transferred to CSC

11.01.13 - CSC Transferred Case to Local Office to Schedule Interview

12.31.13 - Received Appointment Notice from Local Office (Long Island City). Interview on 01.16.14

01.16.14 - I-751 Interview

01.16.14 - Approved on Spot!! :-) Passport Stamped!

01.30.14 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

N400 TIMELINE

07.29.14 - Mailed N400 Packet to TX

08.05.14 - Case Received (Text message)

08.09.14 - Received I-797C

08.16.14 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter

08.29.14 - Biometric Appointment

02.17.15 - Interview - APPROVED

02.26.15 - Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

You have really answered your own question, she wants you to finish the immigration process, it doesn't sound as if she is asking for a re-conciliations of the marriage. If you wish to do something that is not morally and ethical within your belief, we on VJ cannot answer that. Only you can decide if you wish to commit immigration fraud.

Also, that 864 finical statement is no joke. You will be responsibile for your wife for the next 10 years. Let that sink in.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She will get the 10yr GC since you have been married 2yrs. I would just get a lawyer get her served with divorce papers and have no contact with her. Just because you still have feelings for her does not mean she does has feelings for you. Many ppl try to get back with their spouse when they realize they can't adjust status without them.

Are you able to show an immigration officer you have been living together as a couple since your marriage, did you add her to your bank account did she? Did you put her on your insurance etc. Since you have had 2 yrs the IO could be harder on the 2 of you then a newly married couple since you have had the time to make a life together. Think long and hard before you do something you already have doubts about.

Why would she get a 10yr GC if they never filed for AOS?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OP: You are being played like a classical Italian violin. She doesn't want you, she wants what you can do for her. Do what you should have done a couple of years ago, divorce her and move on with your life. :blink:

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are wrong my friend. He has not filed AOS yet, so being married 2 years has nothing to do with any green card. He has to file AOS first before she can get a 2 year conditional green card and then it would be 1 year 9 month before filing for release of conditions. He better stay away from her so she can't use VAWA against him. I would report her ICE personally. There is no love, she just needs him to get her initial green card and then after that she can file a waiver to remove conditions one he divorces her. Stay away from this scammer and let her get deported back to Jamaica!

Man up and file for divorce already.

Don't be anywhere private with her at all cost.

+1

what more needs to be said ?????

good luck man

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.