Ross_s

Tourist Visa Declined, confused and deflated!

148 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He did do it his way.

Should be a song.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

He is Scottish. So England or Europe would be a separate issue.

They would take into account local norms.

Not sure if paid holiday is normal for bar work. A lot is part time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If the USA doesn't want you, then don't spend your money there. Their loss, try Thailand with that amount of money and bar-tending skills you could run a bar and live well

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

To all those American citizens responding to this topic: when was the last time YOU took off for SIX MONTHS to 'goof off' in a foreign country???????

Ummm...I've done it. I was in between undergrad and graduate school, had worked for a year, and wanted to see the world. No one but my savings paid my way.

Statements like this just display ignorance. Regardless of the OP's motives, to say that no American would ever take six months off to travel is wrong and shows a short-sighted view of the world.

I now live abroad, where it is quite common to find Americans (and other nationalities) who have taken off even (shockingly) a year or two.

You would do better in your arguments if you did not make such blatant, false generalizations.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Timeline

Noah why are you even on this forum? Do you really have nothing better to do than to disuade people (On the internet, mind you) from coming to the United States? It's a bit sad. The only purpose of your posts is to scare people about the visa, tell them to go to another country, or question their stories. What do you think you are doing? Protecting America from bartenders of the UK? There are bigger problems buddy ...

And just so you know ... many Americans take extended vacations from work and travel. I did this last year in South America. I travelled for 7 months with money that I had saved up from my previous job. I lived on roughly 10-15 dollars a day, and got by just fine. Through my travels, I met many other Americans doing the exact same thing. It's really not that hard and is something that is becoming more and more popular with younger generations.

Quite a few people I know travelled their way across the US, this was some years ago pre VWP I would think.

Those on gap years etc now tend to head for Australia etc where you can get visa's that allow you to work legally.

Filed: Timeline

It amazes me that we don't have a Work/Tourist visa. Anybody working in the US is a good thing a for the economy, regardless of where they are from. They would earn money, pay taxes on it, and spend just like anyone else. But unfortunately we have a significant amount of xenophones in the US that makes things like a rational immigration system very difficult to obtain.

It amazes me that we don't have a Work/Tourist visa. Anybody working in the US is a good thing a for the economy, regardless of where they are from. They would earn money, pay taxes on it, and spend just like anyone else. But unfortunately we have a significant amount of xenophones in the US that makes things like a rational immigration system very difficult to obtain.

The assumption is that foreigners who work (legally or illegally) in the US spend most of their money in the US which is not the case. A great percentage of that cash is sent outside the states to benefit other countries (where relatives live) and their economies.

Timeline

There is the J1.

The thing that has changed is the numbers of undocumented able to that sort of work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Probably going to get ####### for this but oh well:

I don't understand why we don't have an open boarder treaty with countries where the flow would be about equal in both directions.. Canada, Europe, New Zealand, Australia.. I understand the reasons for controling the amount of people coming in but with these countries it would make more sense to have a simple automatic process knowing that on average for every person they throw at us they will be getting one in return.

..and the job thing.... There are more people in my building right now with work visas than Americans.. Twice in my career I've been the only American on an entire floor of a building and I live smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

OP: A person in my town recently posted an ad for a horse trainer.. When a friend responded to the ad she was told "Well, I actually have a person in mind for that position from Mexico but I'm legally required to post the position" .. I don't think it is totally out of the question that a tourist town may want to have a bartender with specific attributes such as an "authentic bar tender from Scotland who knows how to make all the authentic drinks, etc". It is a job that is not easily fill-able in the US so they can get a visa for an out-of-country person. I don't know the legal ins and outs but I have seen corporations do it and I've seen individuals do it..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Shelter is NOT free....how long will his friend tolerate his free loading? about two weeks

Dude, you need to get yourself some real friends, I would let my friends stay with me for years and the opposite is also true.

Bottom line: To all those American citizens responding to this topic: when was the last time YOU took off for SIX MONTHS to 'goof off' in a foreign country??????? Answer: NEVER....so .... why should a bartender from the UK/Scotland be able to do this realistically???? I'd love to read a LOGICAL, COHERENT explanation as to how this could take place..........................

If I can't do it, then why can he? Lol at that!

I am taking a year off my job to good off in another country, and yes, it is guaranteed by law that I will still have my job when I return. Some Americand get that too, ever heard of Sabbatical?

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It's not your place to question anyone's motives or second guess their story. You're not the sheriff saving the little town from the bad guys. Get over yourself. People are looking to live their lives, have fun, travel, visit friends. You should try it too.

Free healthcare, what are you even talking about?! Your tax payer money I have no doubt is being used in all kinds of wrong ways but people here on VJ have nothing to do with that. Get over it and stop barking at the wrong tree.

Ever heard ppl want to just come to US togive birth ... Anchor babies?

ppl with known health problem coming to US with no medical insurance and then seeking medical care.

This is exactly what I am talking about as you said we should not question anyone's motive nor second guess their story... it seems thats how the attitude is..... if earlier post for the OP would had not been posted you would still have believed OP's story who was just wanting to take you and rest of the members for the ride.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Noah why are you even on this forum? Do you really have nothing better to do than to disuade people (On the internet, mind you) from coming to the United States? It's a bit sad. The only purpose of your posts is to scare people about the visa, tell them to go to another country, or question their stories. What do you think you are doing? Protecting America from bartenders of the UK? There are bigger problems buddy ...

And just so you know ... many Americans take extended vacations from work and travel. I did this last year in South America. I travelled for 7 months with money that I had saved up from my previous job. I lived on roughly 10-15 dollars a day, and got by just fine. Through my travels, I met many other Americans doing the exact same thing. It's really not that hard and is something that is becoming more and more popular with younger generations.

What is wrong in questioning intentions of ppl coming to US and to question if they have an ulterior motive?

Whats your idea hand out free pass?

What are the bigger problem?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.