19 posts in this topic

so i need any type of proof possible...we failed our interview and were in some serious ####.....we were very unprepared....now i have proof of every time i call him, and also we have pictures, what else........lawyers keep asking me if my marrige is real why not try to have a baby....well my husband and i have been trying for more than a year now and we are both getting checked out but its hard since we live far apart...:(....after the interview i went back to see him in march and i was planning to go in either june or august not sure...but all my money is going into this relationship its expensive being married long distance...has anyone had similar situations what other type of proof can i get..im 23 and hes 27.

Edited by melcom1122

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well I guess since you posted here in the waiver section you got a 221g letter at interview.

Could you first fill us in. Saying you need evidence is vague.

First what was the reason for denial? What does the letter state?

Also what did you present with initial petition and what did you show at interview?

You mentioned a lawyer do you have one throughout this process (just curious)?

And also getting pregnant? For real a lawyer said that? WOW.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Well I guess since you posted here in the waiver section you got a 221g letter at interview.

Could you first fill us in. Saying you need evidence is vague.

First what was the reason for denial? What does the letter state?

Also what did you present with initial petition and what did you show at interview?

You mentioned a lawyer do you have one throughout this process (just curious)?

And also getting pregnant? For real a lawyer said that? WOW.

yes a lawyer said that several lawyers have told me that actually....anyways i didn't know i was posting in this section sorry. At the initial interview i didnt have many pics thats all the CO looked at...my lawyer says that the next step will involve in them asking for more proof that our marriage is real, thats why i was hoping that someone who has been in a similar situation can help me and give me ideas about what type of proof i can provide.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are trying to tell a stranger they story of your relationship. But the stranger isn't a friend, more like a judge and excutioner. You need to concisely as possible lay out every shred of your relationship.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

You are trying to tell a stranger they story of your relationship. But the stranger isn't a friend, more like a judge and excutioner. You need to concisely as possible lay out every shred of your relationship.

we live in two different countries all i can have is our phone records and pictures...and sometimes i send mu husband money we have some western union reciepts and im trying to upload our text messages because we text alot...this is all i can think of

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

what about copies of visa stamps in your passport and boarding passes for your flights? Do you chat on msn or skype or yahoo? you can print you history from there too

so i need any type of proof possible...we failed our interview and were in some serious ####.....we were very unprepared....now i have proof of every time i call him, and also we have pictures, what else........lawyers keep asking me if my marrige is real why not try to have a baby....well my husband and i have been trying for more than a year now and we are both getting checked out but its hard since we live far apart...:(....after the interview i went back to see him in march and i was planning to go in either june or august not sure...but all my money is going into this relationship its expensive being married long distance...has anyone had similar situations what other type of proof can i get..im 23 and hes 27.

Hey there are many of us going thru a denial process for the same embassy. Unfortunately it is a waiting game, which can be quite frustrating. Yu first have to wait for your case to be returned and received at uscis they will send you a NOIR which will tell you the co concerns and there you have to get proof of the relationship so your case can be reaffirmed and sent back for another chance. Look into my noir process my case recently was received at uscis and my interview was in January 2012. have faith get everything from phone bills to email and text together and pics. You have to be prepared to prove your case. GOod Luck! I will have you and my other Vj friends in this situation in my prayers,.

Hey there,

Sorry about your denial and I could understand you about being unprepared. If it wasnt for a friend of mines who is a paralegal, my petition would have been denied immediately from the beginning...so if youre not surrounded by someone who know the process it tends to be harder and more than likely a denial is going to happen if you dont focus on the important things. But you have to be a little more specific....from what I've read, pictures and phone bills are not enough evidence. You need to have copies of your passport stamps, each time you enter DR and exit DR, it's also important that you guys ackowledge what could be some red flags in your relationship...that way you know what to answer. We are all humans and we make mistakes, and we can forget things. I say that you should familiarize yourself with VisaJourney, and read the most you can, and also ask as many questions so that for your second interview you are well prepared. Everyone in here is super friendly and very active with their answers, just make sure you stay positive and know that there is going to be a second chance. Just need patience and knowledge(which you will get here).

good luck! :thumbs:

from my experienced I dont think that it really matters how prepared you are. I had all types of evidence well organized and the CO laughed and mocked me for being organized....he said I should be a professional (in an arogant ironic way) and all he looked at was my wedding pics and took my pictures as a personal laughing entertainment.

Just prepare everything you have.....itnerary receipts, dinner receipts, passport stamps, letters, gifts to each other, western union receipts, phone bills, wedding receipts, phone recharge invoice to ur hubby, at least 5 sworn letters from friends who know you guys stating ur relashionship is bonafide, name change (like ss card, driver license, registration card, tax return. If you wrote letters or called the dept of state or embassy or senator print copies. If you had reservations (hotel) for your honeymoon print that, if you have been to resorts make copies of receipts.

I as well was denied and was very upset at the way the idiot CO treated me and my husband so i wrote to everyone (even to univision)except Obama and have receipts and copies.

Stay strong and have much much much patience!!! But above all.....have faith :thumbs: :thumbs: Good luck next time :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

from my experienced I dont think that it really matters how prepared you are. I had all types of evidence well organized and the CO laughed and mocked me for being organized....he said I should be a professional (in an arogant ironic way) and all he looked at was my wedding pics and took my pictures as a personal laughing entertainment.

Just prepare everything you have.....itnerary receipts, dinner receipts, passport stamps, letters, gifts to each other, western union receipts, phone bills, wedding receipts, phone recharge invoice to ur hubby, at least 5 sworn letters from friends who know you guys stating ur relashionship is bonafide, name change (like ss card, driver license, registration card, tax return. If you wrote letters or called the dept of state or embassy or senator print copies. If you had reservations (hotel) for your honeymoon print that, if you have been to resorts make copies of receipts.

I as well was denied and was very upset at the way the idiot CO treated me and my husband so i wrote to everyone (even to univision)except Obama and have receipts and copies.

Stay strong and have much much much patience!!! But above all.....have faith :thumbs: :thumbs: Good luck next time :)

What is the deal with this consulate?? I mean really. How are they allowed to treat people this way? I agree with you about writing to everyone. This is the U.S. Embassy there and they are treating people this way??? What in the world? People should be fired if they can't handle their jobs in a professional manner.

Hey there are many of us going thru a denial process for the same embassy. Unfortunately it is a waiting game, which can be quite frustrating. Yu first have to wait for your case to be returned and received at uscis they will send you a NOIR which will tell you the co concerns and there you have to get proof of the relationship so your case can be reaffirmed and sent back for another chance. Look into my noir process my case recently was received at uscis and my interview was in January 2012. have faith get everything from phone bills to email and text together and pics. You have to be prepared to prove your case. GOod Luck! I will have you and my other Vj friends in this situation in my prayers,.

thank you so much it actually feels alittle better to know that i am not in this process alone

thank you so much it actually feels alittle better to know that i am not in this process alone

omg i do recharge his phone i recharge his phone like 3 times a week sometimes i do it at the store and they give me a reciept but most of the time i do it online with my credit card...i dont know how to get the proof when i do it with credit card though?

More than half the time lawyers are useless for this process. :bonk:

Especially since every consulate is very different. DR consulate sees a lot of fraud, so you have to be very prepared. Preparation is actually very important!!! I've read a handful of interviews from recent years and what they seem to care about the most is pictures (wedding, outings, with family/friends etc) as well as visits.

Making frequent visits is important. I know it can get expensive, but if you have decided to continue with this long distance relationship you have to be prepared to make some sacrifices. One visit a year is not gonna cut it.

I am not surprised the lawyers told you having a baby is good proof. As bad as it sounds, it's totally true. I don't think i've seen any couples denied if they have a child in common. It is what it is.

Finally, like someone else mentioned...analyze your red flags and be prepared to be asked about them. Make sure your SO and you are on the same page about everything.

my thoughts to you is get married...Is there a possibility you could temporarily move to DR? If not, get married, have a party, take lots of pics, continue visiting and try again.

I am sorry this is happening to you. It's truly not fair, but now you have to be proactive.

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

More than half the time lawyers are useless for this process. :bonk:

Especially since every consulate is very different. DR consulate sees a lot of fraud, so you have to be very prepared. Preparation is actually very important!!! I've read a handful of interviews from recent years and what they seem to care about the most is pictures (wedding, outings, with family/friends etc) as well as visits.

Making frequent visits is important. I know it can get expensive, but if you have decided to continue with this long distance relationship you have to be prepared to make some sacrifices. One visit a year is not gonna cut it.

I am not surprised the lawyers told you having a baby is good proof. As bad as it sounds, it's totally true. I don't think i've seen any couples denied if they have a child in common. It is what it is.

Finally, like someone else mentioned...analyze your red flags and be prepared to be asked about them. Make sure your SO and you are on the same page about everything.

my thoughts to you is get married...Is there a possibility you could temporarily move to DR? If not, get married, have a party, take lots of pics, continue visiting and try again.

I am sorry this is happening to you. It's truly not fair, but now you have to be proactive.

Sorry I didn't realize you were already married.

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

omg i do recharge his phone i recharge his phone like 3 times a week sometimes i do it at the store and they give me a reciept but most of the time i do it online with my credit card...i dont know how to get the proof when i do it with credit card though?

I registered and everytime I recharge my hubby phone I get an email of the paid invoice. So I print that plus a copy of my bank statement to show the transaction made through my credit card.

btw.....when was your interview??

Edited by eromano6981

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.