15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

6 photos

2 photos for each package.

I-485 = 2 photos + supporting evidence

I-765 = 2 photos + supporting evidence

I-131 = 2 photos + supporting evidence

Each one of them is a separate thing, they all are separated and processed in different areas, each requires the passport photos and evidence as requested by the instructions for the applications.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

6 photos

2 photos for each package.

I-485 = 2 photos + supporting evidence

I-765 = 2 photos + supporting evidence

I-131 = 2 photos + supporting evidence

Each one of them is a separate thing, they all are separated and processed in different areas, each requires the passport photos and evidence as requested by the instructions for the applications.

are you sure of this? on the AOS guide on visajourney they said only 2....

AOS Sent: 2012-04-25

AP: Sent 2012-04-25

EAD:Sent 2012-04-25

NOA (email) : 2012-05-08

NOA (hard copy) 2012-05-14

RFE for 2011 Tax return: May 29th 2012

Biometrics appointment letter: June 7th 2012

RFE Response Review: June 21st 2012

Second RFE notification by email: June 25th 2012, need a joint sponsor, despite meeting poverty requirements, USCIS apparently doesnt know how to read figures...

Biometrics appointment: 2012-06-28

Second RFE Review: July 30th, 2012 Hopefully now things will move on!

EAD/AP Approved/Card Production August 13th 2012

Email for Interview scheduled September 19th, August 14th 2012

Hard Copy Interview notice: August 15th 2012

EAD/AP Combo Card in hand: August 20th 2012

Interview:approved on the spot, stamp in passport: September 19th 2012

GC in hand: September 29h

See you for ROC in two years!

Thanks

i think you're right...i sent my AOS package with photos for the i-485 only..aaaaah. :(

Second RFE notification by email: June 25th 2012, need a joint sponsor, despite meeting poverty requirements, USCIS apparently doesnt know how to read figures...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i think you're right...i sent my AOS package with photos for the i-485 only..aaaaah. :(

So did a lot of other people, including me. I sent only two photos in each of three AOS packets. Each of the three packets also contained AP and EAD applications. All applications were approved. The applications do get separated and processed through different facilities, but they aren't processed in complete isolation from each other. The EAD, for example, is based on the pending I-485, and the EAD is usually approved even though it's not processed at the same facility as the I-485. Yet they don't require you to include an extra copy of the I-485 to accompany the EAD application. They know you've submitted an I-485 because it's in the computer system. I believe it's the same story with the photos.

I have no problem with the advice that you send separate photos with each application. However, I know from personal experience that the applications won't be denied if you send only two photos. I also know for a fact that those photos are scanned into a USCIS computer database because my wife and step-kids all got the old-style AP document, before they started combining them with the EAD card, and those documents contained low resolution digital reproductions of those passport style photos. It would seem needlessly redundant to scan those same photos into the same database three times.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

We sent only 2 and had no problems at all :star:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do we need to send 6 passport style photos? 2 for each form I-485, I-765 and I-131? Or is it just 2 photos for whole aos packet? Thanks for any replies

We sent 6, 2 for each application.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

So did a lot of other people, including me. I sent only two photos in each of three AOS packets. Each of the three packets also contained AP and EAD applications. All applications were approved. The applications do get separated and processed through different facilities, but they aren't processed in complete isolation from each other. The EAD, for example, is based on the pending I-485, and the EAD is usually approved even though it's not processed at the same facility as the I-485. Yet they don't require you to include an extra copy of the I-485 to accompany the EAD application. They know you've submitted an I-485 because it's in the computer system. I believe it's the same story with the photos.

I have no problem with the advice that you send separate photos with each application. However, I know from personal experience that the applications won't be denied if you send only two photos. I also know for a fact that those photos are scanned into a USCIS computer database because my wife and step-kids all got the old-style AP document, before they started combining them with the EAD card, and those documents contained low resolution digital reproductions of those passport style photos. It would seem needlessly redundant to scan those same photos into the same database three times.

Member Ceadsearc got an RFE for lack of photos for the I-131. Only time I had heard of that.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

are you sure of this? on the AOS guide on visajourney they said only 2....

Another example of someone who did not read the instruction sheets for each form.

The form instruction sheets for the

I-485

I-765

I-131

ALL clearly state to include passport photos with the submission.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Member Ceadsearc got an RFE for lack of photos for the I-131. Only time I had heard of that.

moving forward, do you think for her , is it better to send the missing photos now or just wait for RFE notice?

is there any delays expected then?

Edited by skyflakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

moving forward, do you think for her , is it better to send the missing photos now or just wait for RFE notice?

is there any delays expected then?

Wait for an RFE. No way to know if what you send will even get matched up with your original paperwork you filed. Also, you might not even get an RFE.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Another example of someone who did not read the instruction sheets for each form.

The form instruction sheets for the

I-485

I-765

I-131

ALL clearly state to include passport photos with the submission.

No need of beeing agressive. :(

I read all the instructions carefully and as everyone said except one person nobody had an RFE for that.

I read on other forums that when you apply for AOS EAD and AP they use the biometrics photo.

BUT it is always better to send more photos than not enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.