Soft

what should I do now?????

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It takes around five or six months for the first part of the process. It sounds to me like you are waiting for petition approval.

I believe you are correct. Just looked at their timeline and it says they received their NOA1 on May 7th. Kind of late to receive it, but it says they did receive it.

OP> You need to wait on average 5-6 months after filing to receive approval for the petition. You are not past the regular waiting time. If you filed in Feb., then it most likely will not be until Aug or Sept. It could be longer even. There is nothing to do but wait.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They posted before about getting an RFE. I believe that is the date they used for the NOA1 and entered it in the wrong place.

Ahh, I see. Well, that was just a month ago. If they responded to the RFE, they just have to wait. I am not sure what the problem is to panic and post this twice. :blink:

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** four topics on the same issue merged. PLease do not start more than one topic on a question/ issue; instead, provide any updates, follow-on questions or clarifications in the same thread. ****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please since feb.29th my fiance summited our k1 application nothing has been heard from uscis and the check was deducted from her account.I'm dead worried coz its almost 4months now not even a notification of that they ave received it,she. Calls times without number but all they tell her is they got the file with them but not yet on the computer and till then we can ave a reciept number to track the processing online,we've been through a lot on this pleasei will somuch apreciate ur views coz I'm clueless of what to do now.Thnks mates

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

You have received the NOA1 notice that means they have your packet. Unfortunately you still have some more waiting to do. The K-1 visa is generally approved between 5-6 months. Right now January filers and some early February filers are getting approved. You'll probably be approved in July or August. Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

Edited by Lalo & Susana

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Timeline

You have posted this same thing a few times now. Your timeline states you received the NOA1. If you did not, then why put it on there? As I answered before, you need to have the USC petitioner call the USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer. She has to escalate her call and speak to an actual tier 2 officer to get any real information about her case. She can let the tier 2 officer know she never got the receipt notice, and they should be able to give her the case # to check the status online. The check was cashed, and in your other thread you said she was told on the phone that they have your documents. There is nothing else to do but wait for your petition to be approved or not. You filed at the very end of Feb. so your petition most likely will not be adjudicated until around August or later.

Your previous threads, all merged into one: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/370882-how-long-do-we-wait/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when you send your 1-129f file with the fee, your check was cashed you should have received the noa-1 receipt 797 sent to you hard copy from the usps mail.call them again customer service ask for a two tier officer explan to him that you never received the noa-1 and that you need your case number, to check case status online,this is the number 1-800-375-5283 to get a live person dial 123 or lisend to change of address press that you get a live person.good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** three topics on the same issue merged. Do not create more than one topic on an issue please- if you have an update or follow-on questions, post them as a reply to the original topic ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.