Talal

Who signs G-325a document

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hi guy's,

I am preparing my K-1 visa package, and am stuck on completing form G-325a. There is a debate on whether this form should be signed or not, but that's not the issue. The problem is I am confused as to whom need to sign them. Should I the petitioner sign and date a G-325a form, and also have my fiancee sign and date hers?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes. Each person fills out and signs their own.

Edited by BrittandDan

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I your petition include 2x G-325A forms; one to be completed & signed by you and the other to be completed & signed by your partner!

Good Luck! :thumbs:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I your petition include 2x G-325A forms; one to be completed & signed by you and the other to be completed & signed by your partner!

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Correct! Don't forget to add a 2x2 passport style picture of each of you.

For detailed information, and just so you can cross check EVERYTHING before sending out your petition, please go to http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Thank's guys, now I am clear on the G-325a signature issue. So I am supposed to send a 2x2 passport style photo along with the G-325a form, that's it just 1 is enough or do I need 2 photo's?

Correct! Don't forget to add a 2x2 passport style picture of each of you.

For detailed information, and just so you can cross check EVERYTHING before sending out your petition, please go to http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Thank's guys, now I am clear on the G-325a signature issue. So I am supposed to send a 2x2 passport style photo along with the G-325a form, that's it just 1 is enough or do I need 2 photo's?

There should be a G-325A, signed, with a passport photo attached for the beneficiary AND for the petitioner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

K-1 visa fee's now reduced from $330 to $240, is that right?

The visa processing fee that is paid at the time of the interview has recently gone down from $350 to $240. The I-129F petition filing fee has not changed, and is still $340.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

On the G-325A, on the box at the very bottom where it calls for "Applicant's name". Do we each write our names on our respective G-325A, or do we write my wife's name of both of our G-325A? I'm the husband and USC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guy's,

I am preparing my K-1 visa package, and am stuck on completing form G-325a. There is a debate on whether this form should be signed or not, but that's not the issue. The problem is I am confused as to whom need to sign them. Should I the petitioner sign and date a G-325a form, and also have my fiancee sign and date hers?

Each signs their own

There is NO debate on if they actually NEED ot be signed. They DO NOT need to signed (text of USCIS internal memo below) The PROBLEM is that all the adjudicators do not read memos and SOME people have received RFEs for the signature and then you are pretty well stuck.

Now since you also have to get her signature on the Letter of Intent and that MUSt be an original signature, why not get them both and sleep well? If you insist on risking an RFE then I suggest you write on the beneficiary's "Will sign at interview" And attach a copy of the memo (official memo is available here at this site, that's where I got it)

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

On the G-325A, on the box at the very bottom where it calls for "Applicant's name". Do we each write our names on our respective G-325A, or do we write my wife's name of both of our G-325A? I'm the husband and USC.

To each their own.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

K-1 visa fee's now reduced from $330 to $240, is that right?

Yes, that is the VISA fee, it was $350. The Petition fee is still the same. $340

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.