BrockUK

I-29F Form assistance please? (Helping my US finacee)

142 posts in this topic

Hey Celeste & C,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Below is a quote from someone who posted here not too long ago about the situation I am talking about:

Do whatever you're most comfortable doing. I don't care if this process were as easy as scrambling an egg, after the experiences I've had (including having a VISA once denied because "You submitted it on A-4 paper, which is not commonly available in the United Kingdom"), we hired a lawyer.

This guy was from the UK as well! I have tried emailing him but I really can't afford for it to be denied, I am really anxious to be with her so I can look after her. Could he just have had bad luck? I mean, I thought A-4 was universal, what do you guys in the US use as a standard size for paper?

A4 is universal for most places...outside of N. America, it seems. That said, I have a hard time believing someone was denied because of paper size. That's crazy! Do you have the link to that thread?

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey Celeste & C,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Below is a quote from someone who posted here not too long ago about the situation I am talking about:

Do whatever you're most comfortable doing. I don't care if this process were as easy as scrambling an egg, after the experiences I've had (including having a VISA once denied because "You submitted it on A-4 paper, which is not commonly available in the United Kingdom"), we hired a lawyer.

This guy was from the UK as well! I have tried emailing him but I really can't afford for it to be denied, I am really anxious to be with her so I can look after her. Could he just have had bad luck? I mean, I thought A-4 was universal, what do you guys in the US use as a standard size for paper?

I think it's either really bad luck or even someone using the A4 paper as an excuse, if you will, not to disclose the actual reason for denial. Think about it... if they request RFEs for what matters, why would they deny you for a few millimeters difference on a sheet of paper...it has no rhyme or reason.

I just went to the USCIS site to double check, just in case my memory was failing.. but, I did not ANY instructions indicating the paper size you should use to print out the petition... see for yourself http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf .. maybe I'm skipping something

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah here is the thread. The guy was helping someone and just mentioned it in passing (Page 2):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/369626-do-you-thing-getting-a-lawyer-is-good-idea-to-file-greencard/page__st__15__gopid__5399774

And thanks guys for helping me. I will try and get her to call the operators about this query later today, but I doubt they would know the answer since they are sub-contracted.

And yes dude I made sure she signed everything! Watched her via webcam AND the money order is for $340!! B-)

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Timeline

I think it's either really bad luck or even someone using the A4 paper as an excuse, if you will, not to disclose the actual reason for denial. Think about it... if they request RFEs for what matters, why would they deny you for a few millimeters difference on a sheet of paper...it has no rhyme or reason.

I just went to the USCIS site to double check, just in case my memory was failing.. but, I did not ANY instructions indicating the paper size you should use to print out the petition... see for yourself http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf .. maybe I'm skipping something

Yeah I skimmed read it as well. No mention about what paper size to use. You are right, why the hell should a few millimeters make it justifed to send out a RFE when an RFE stands for Request For Evidence, not Request For Correct Stationery (RFCS.....just made it up! :lol: )

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

Yeah here is the thread. The guy was helping someone and just mentioned it in passing (Page 2):

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/369626-do-you-thing-getting-a-lawyer-is-good-idea-to-file-greencard/page__st__15__gopid__5399774

And thanks guys for helping me. I will try and get her to call the operators about this query later today, but I doubt they would know the answer since they are sub-contracted.

And yes dude I made sure she signed everything! Watched her via webcam AND the money order is for $340!! B-)

I HIGHLY DOUBT anyone on the phone will be able to help you. They probably will not know what A4 is. Don't waste your time. Really, if I wrote here that I got denied a visa because my outfit was red, would you believe me? Without any explanation, it's a RUMOUR. Pay this no mind, and send off your package!!! :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yeah I don't think that the operators would know, my apologese I thought that A-4 size paper was universal (maybe not called A-4, but nevertheless the measurements would be same).

However please understand my situation, I can't risk to have any delays such as RFEs or denials, time is crucial. Not just being eager to get married, but to look after her. But I think we are willing to take that risk; even if it is just one person who got denied (supposibly).

Thank you all, I will of course keep you posted if I hear from that OP I quoted or any information that cold be useful to future petitioners. :thumbs:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

I just did a VJ search for others who have perhaps been denied or received an RFE for A4 paper and I can't find a single one.

Timeline

I just did a VJ search for others who have perhaps been denied or received an RFE for A4 paper and I can't find a single one.

LOL! You just beat me to the punch Evylin! Strange....maybe that guy just had bad luck huh? Thank you very much for helping me...all of you!

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

Yeah I don't think that the operators would know, my apologese I thought that A-4 size paper was universal (maybe not called A-4, but nevertheless the measurements would be same).

However please understand my situation, I can't risk to have any delays such as RFEs or denials, time is crucial. Not just being eager to get married, but to look after her. But I think we are willing to take that risk; even if it is just one person who got denied (supposibly).

Thank you all, I will of course keep you posted if I hear from that OP I quoted or any information that cold be useful to future petitioners. :thumbs:

We use Imperial and so have 8.5 by 11 INCHES paper ;) The two sizes are similar. There are circumstances missing in that person's story. Ignore! :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Hey guys!!

Just to let you know that my fiancee signed & dated all forms and photos, got her passport photo taken & photocopied her passport and proof of disability and I am thrilled to announce that she sent the I-129F form yesterday via FedEx!

Now we wait (hopefully no RFEs!)

Thank you all who have helped me out! I will continue helping others and keep you updated about our progress! :thumbs:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

Hey guys!!

Just to let you know that my fiancee signed & dated all forms and photos, got her passport photo taken & photocopied her passport and proof of disability and I am thrilled to announce that she sent the I-129F form yesterday via FedEx!

Now we wait (hopefully no RFEs!)

Thank you all who have helped me out! I will continue helping others and keep you updated about our progress! :thumbs:

Good luck! Now the waiting begins...take up a new hobby or else you'll go crazy like the rest of us. :lol:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Good luck! Now the waiting begins...take up a new hobby or else you'll go crazy like the rest of us. :lol:

LOL thank you I might just do that! When do you think we should start on the I-130 form? (The one about being a co-sponsor)?

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

LOL thank you I might just do that! When do you think we should start on the I-130 form? (The one about being a co-sponsor)?

You mean the I-134. The I-130 is a completely different document. :)

That won't be needed until the interview stage, so no need to fill it out for a few months.

Coming Soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.