BrockUK

I-29F Form assistance please? (Helping my US finacee)

142 posts in this topic

The people you call aren't USCIS employees actually, they are call center employees subcontracted out. It's often called the "misinformation line."

Some of what the operator said is probably true, that they have your petition and NOA1 is in the post. But, it is way too early to say that there are no RFEs, and all that stuff about I-134 is wrong. USCIS does not process I-134.

BTW, get used to the fact now that the online system is very unreliable and only reflects what a person puts into that system, not what is really happening. Rely on what is sent in the mail. Keep it old school B-)

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your input. When do you suggest I ask my fiancee to start filling in the I-134? Don't worry I won't ask how to fill it in (I read the guides!), but I may need advise later down the road.

Even though she is above the poverty line (just recently), would it be ok to have a co-sponsor anyways so it would reienforce our petition when it comes to the interview stage?

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

A co-sponsor can't hurt. If you can line one up, absolutely have one.

You'll want the I-134 from your fiancee (and the co-sponsor if you choose) to be fairly recent at the time of the interview. I'd wait until you've received your NOA2. No harm in getting some supporting evidence now, though, such as tax transcripts and pay stubs. Though you'll want to get a few more recent ones closer to the interview date.

Timeline

A co-sponsor can't hurt. If you can line one up, absolutely have one.

You'll want the I-134 from your fiancee (and the co-sponsor if you choose) to be fairly recent at the time of the interview. I'd wait until you've received your NOA2. No harm in getting some supporting evidence now, though, such as tax transcripts and pay stubs. Though you'll want to get a few more recent ones closer to the interview date.

Thats fantastic! We already had one lined up before her disability money was finalised so adding the co-sponsor to the case would definately help us I think! Thank you!

So I am guessing the NOA2 will go to my US fiance. Couple of things (sorry to be a pain in the ####### but just asking out of curiosity...):

• What exactly is in the NOA2? Is it instructions on what my fiancee should do next etc..?
  • What should I hear from the American Embassay in the UK? Is it instructions on when my medical exam is, or is there something before that I have to do?

I'm activating my flame sheild just in case ppl tell me to go look at the guides lol! :bonk:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

Thats fantastic! We already had one lined up before her disability money was finalised so adding the co-sponsor to the case would definately help us I think! Thank you!

So I am guessing the NOA2 will go to my US fiance. Couple of things (sorry to be a pain in the ####### but just asking out of curiosity...):

• What exactly is in the NOA2? Is it instructions on what my fiancee should do next etc..?
  • What should I hear from the American Embassay in the UK? Is it instructions on when my medical exam is, or is there something before that I have to do?

I'm activating my flame sheild just in case ppl tell me to go look at the guides lol! :bonk:

The NOA2 is the Notice of Action approval letter, and yes, this will be sent to the USC as NOA1 was. It simply tells you that you are approved.

The case will be forwarded to the NVC. You can get your case number at this point. Time estimates are given on this site under Processing Times. Some embassies send out a packet in the mail to the beneficiary once NVC has forwarded the case to the embassy. Others give out electronic packets. The USC should receive a letter from NVC as well.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

There is a K-1 flow char somewhere that should explain, but briefly...

Your fiance filed a petition that establishes a familial relationship (well in this case a promise to become family). That will take about 5-6 months to be approved. Nothing happens in that time really, some background checks. Mostly it is in a line waiting. When the petition gets approved, she will get a notice that it has been approved. This is the NOA2 (The second notice of action you get). 1 is "hey we got your package." 2 is "hey we approved your petition."

Because that is approved, then YOU will be able to apply for a visa. Your petition flies through the National Visa Center (for a case number and to log it or something) and then it goes to London. Then you submit more info on yourself and get a medical and the submit the I-134 etc. You have plenty of time to bone up on the London-specific order of things.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

[*]What should I hear from the American Embassay in the UK? Is it instructions on when my medical exam is, or is there something before that I have to do?

This isn't a flame but it is telling you to do some reading about what YOU will need to do in London and how to prepare. You're done learning about how to file a K1 so it's time to prepare for the next step and get your head around it. The questions you are now asking have different answers depending on your embassy. London answers are laid out in this thread. Read all of it. Follow the links. Read London's instructions. Learn what's coming your way. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

There is a K-1 flow char somewhere that should explain, but briefly...

Your fiance filed a petition that establishes a familial relationship (well in this case a promise to become family). That will take about 5-6 months to be approved. Nothing happens in that time really, some background checks. Mostly it is in a line waiting. When the petition gets approved, she will get a notice that it has been approved. This is the NOA2 (The second notice of action you get). 1 is "hey we got your package." 2 is "hey we approved your petition."

Because that is approved, then YOU will be able to apply for a visa. Your petition flies through the National Visa Center (for a case number and to log it or something) and then it goes to London. Then you submit more info on yourself and get a medical and the submit the I-134 etc. You have plenty of time to bone up on the London-specific order of things.

That's the exact answer I needed thank you! Yeah sure people say OMG I got my NOA1 or NOA2...but not being the petitioner I'm not entirely sure what exactly IS an NOA1 or NOA2. You have nailed it right on the head thank you so much.

So for now I guess the best thing to do is to play the waiting game until she gets the NOA2 and then work on her I-34F. We both spoke last night and agreed that we will also use the co-sponsor just in case and it will look better on our peition to have someone to back us up financially.

Thanks again buddy! :thumbs:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

Timeline

@Nich-Nick done did but thanks for the refresh on the link. Saved it on my favourites :thumbs:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

Timeline

Finally!!!

At last, after 17 days of waiting (not so patiently!), we have just received the NOA1!!

Now I have already registered with the USCIS website, where would I find the reference number to link it with our account? Bare in mind my fiancee has it not I. What would it usually start with so I can point her in the right direction?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

The number starts with either WAC or EAC. Bear in mind the online system is unreliable and will just sit there until approval.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

@Harpa Timsah - Thank you! I'll ask her to look for those reference numbers starting with those letters so I can get it linked to our account! But at least we will know when it has been 'touched' right?

@Evylin - LOL! I hope that will not be the case for us! :wacko:

♥ Love Timeline ♥

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

@Harpa Timsah - Thank you! I'll ask her to look for those reference numbers starting with those letters so I can get it linked to our account! But at least we will know when it has been 'touched' right?

@Evylin - LOL! I hope that will not be the case for us! :wacko:

Yeah, but they might touch it zero times or once. Like I said, mostly it just sits around waiting in line. There isn't processing during the whole 5 months. Processing takes about 20 minutes (which happens at the end).

ETA: I think we are all just trying to warn you to not get too excited... the waiting is hard and relying on touches or updates will only lead to disappointment :) Ignore the time as much as you can.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I drove myself crazy checking for a status update or touch for the first month or so .. and then I realized that for my sanity, I needed to just live my life and forget about USCIS while they do their thing. I was much happier that way. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.