Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2012

2,517 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Quick question I got my case number and iin last night at 9:30PM and I sent the email to NVC inquiry at 10:30PM and I have only seen the auto response is there anythig else am I supposed to recieve?

or does it mean it was accepted?

do you wish to use electronic processing with NVC? If so, chase after a MEP casefile number, in the morning, with NVC.

If it starts with CDJ, maybe you want to rethink getting an MEP casefile #.

IF you have a casefile #, you need to do other things.

Read a bit? Mexican EP - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267714-nvc-electronic-processing-for-cuidad-juarez/

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Saylin i need to get a cell phone from here(USA).what id i need to show them to get it? I didn't get my green card yet.hubby is confusing me and insisting me to get it in his name which i dont want.Is it true that i need to deposit $500 to get a cell phone line?

if you have no credit in usa

and you want to get a cell phone with unlimited minutes in the usa

then you really should learn how to shop for a cell phone .

don't just pay attention to the first salesman you talk to.

some companies require a deposit if you get the phone through them.

if you have a gsm phone already - it's easy to switch it over but then yer limited to ATT and TMobile for the carrier plans.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hope someone can help. I just called NVC; they said they received my case from USCIS on 28th. I ask for the case number. She said it's not entered into system yet so she can’t give me the case number. I asked her can I email you the ds 3032, she said not yet, I have to wait till they enter it into the system. I though they will assign case number as soon as they scan it then in couple weeks they will enter the case manually into the system to generate IV & AOS. Please advice is there anything I can do to avoid delays. Thanks in advance for your help!

please to read all of the content from clicking all of the links, from a pc or laptop, in post #1 of this topic.

Timeline

HI All,

I just wanted to ask you all a question. My hubby's interview is Monday and I'm just sending him all the docs he's gonna need for the interview. I have his interview letter from NVC, photos, chat/email/phone logs, and 2011 tax transcript. In addition, he will bring with him his passport, medical results, and his passport photos. Are we missing anything? I'm just re-reading the interview letter and on the fifth page, it says:

'Please note that even though the applicant may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, the applicant is still required to bring the original document to the visa interview."

Does this mean to bring in another set of original docs to the interview?!! What have you all done and/or recommend?

two things:

1. that logic is reversed - ie - if he could only send a copy, now he must show the original at the interview. so if originals were sent, not need to do anything except to send me frozen venison jiaozi ;)

2. there's a legend and key in that email - please decipher it, it's specific to that casefile and it's really important.

Good Luck !

Ok, thanks for clarifying... i sent them a photocopy of everything in the DS 230 packet as well and our interview letter showed our docs list to be completed so I only have an updated PCC to show, otherwise, just the above docs... guess I'm a little nervous about the interview as well... I spent a considerable part of the day gathering the chat/email/phone logs and pictures of us with the families with little captions as well, so it feels like a little story of our life thus far... that compilation took alot longer than i expected, but i wanna get it right the first time around... just so wracked with nerves about the interview :wacko: i think all that i mentioned above should be sufficient. I wasnt planning on bringing in copies of the forms i already submitted throughout, what do u think? and as far as i can understand, in cairo, ur required to pay an 88 LE DHL fee and get fingerprinted then interviewed, nothing more... i'm rereading all reviews from past 2 years now...

Copies of documents/forms aren't needed, but I still brought copies of everything, along with all USCIS/NVC correspondence, both NOAs, etc etc. I wanted to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

He's on the road most of the day because of his work.

On our new 864W, the NVC operator told my husband to sign for our daughter (as in write her whole name in cursive), AND his own signature next to it. The first signature seems pointless to me, as it's still my husband who's signing it, but I told him to follow the NVC operator anyway.

Hopefully it gets accepted this time around.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

two things:

1. that logic is reversed - ie - if he could only send a copy, now he must show the original at the interview. so if originals were sent, not need to do anything except to send me frozen venison jiaozi ;)

2. there's a legend and key in that email - please decipher it, it's specific to that casefile and it's really important.

Good Luck !

1- LOL, i had to look that up... i can't help u, but my close friend is Chinese and she can be the hook-up ;)

2 - I deciphered my key already... all my docs are submitted, payments are cleared, nothing additional was asked for for the interview except the updated tax info, medical results, interview letter, and photos... i think we're good to go... just nerves getting the best of me... thanks for the support, Darnell :)

Copies of documents/forms aren't needed, but I still brought copies of everything, along with all USCIS/NVC correspondence, both NOAs, etc etc. I wanted to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

just curious, did u end up needing any of that?

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

[...]

just curious, did u end up needing any of that?

Nope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

gosh! our case is not yet received by NVC..wow it's been 2 weeks now since our NOA2! pls hurry up CSC...school opening is Aug. 27.

Same here, we have a notice date of May 11th - "Rhonda" at the NVC line today said that they anticipate a 20 BUSINESS DAY time for file transfer from USCIS to NVC right now. Just keep calling!

Edited by StormHeraldEDM

event.png

May 12, 2011: Married

Oct 14, 2011: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 18, 2011: NOA1

Mar 27, 2012: RFE rec'd - didn't like AZ marriage license!

Apr 05, 2012: RFE response rec'd at CSC

May 11, 2012: NOA2

Jun 04, 2012: Case rec'd @ NVC (24 days/15 business days)

Jun 13, 2012: NVC case # generated(9 days/7 business days). OptIn and 261 emailed.

Jun 18, 2012: OptIn accepted

Jun 20, 2012: AOS bill paid. 261 accepted.

Jun 22, 2012: AOS bill showing as "PAID".

Jun 25, 2012: I-864 packet emailed for EP

Jun 30, 2012: IV fee paid.

Jul 09, 2012: IV rec'd email per EP

Jul 12, 2012: CASE COMPLETE email (EP)

Aug 04, 2012: Interview scheduled for Sept 4th @ 0830a

Aug 08, 2012: Medical completed.

Sept 04, 2012: Interview in Montreal....APPROVED

HELP!!!

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

First time during this process I have burst into tears :crying:

I don't know what to do. We got a checklist for my divorce cert even though we sent the original. Then ordered a new urgent certified copy and overnight express posted it. It arrived wed at 10 am.

Why I am upset is we got two checklists for my son's DS230 which we sent and was received on Friday 18th May (almost two weeks ago). It was sent in the package with the AOS which has been reviewed and accepted. The checklist is generic which makes me think it's false but shouldn't have they revved this package by now? Does this checklist mean they have lost my package?

Also has anyone else argued successfully that the document they sent was the original? A supervisor is looking Into this for us.

The worst part is I may have secured a job with my old company which has a US office (awesome job) but they will want me to start ASAP. Now it looks like I won't even get a July interview!!!! Aaaarrrgggghhhh!

Is there anyway I can get an expedite based NvC error with possibly losing my documents and not accepting an original?

Thanks for letting me vent and for all your help. I appreciate your answers.

USCIS Stage - 10 days total from package received to approved

03/09/12 - I-130 package sent

03/12/12 - package received

03/14/12 - NOA1 received via email

03/22/12 - APPROVED - NOA2 received via email - USC living abroad (8 days)

03/27/12 - NOA2 received in mail

NVC Stage - 34 days from case number to case complete - including messy RFE

04/17/12 - Case has arrived at NVC

04/27/12 - Case number received (25 days from approval)- sent DS3032 via email

05/02/12 - AOS bill received via email

05/03/12 - AOS bill paid via portal & DS3032 accepted

05/04/12 - IV bill received and paid. AOS bill appears as PAID.

05/05/12 - IV bill appears as PAID. Still waiting on replacement marriage certificate.

05/11/12 - DS230 and I864 packages (without marriage cert) sent to joint sponsor before being forwarded to NVC

05/16/12 - marriage cert sent direct to NVC

05/17/12 - I864 and DS230 sent to NVC overnight via fedex - received 05/18/12

05/25/12 - checklist for original marriage and divorce certificates - marriage certificate delivered to NVC

05/30/12 - divorce certificate delivered to NVC

05/31/12 - AOS package accepted - thrilled!

06/01/12 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!!! (email received)

06/07/12 - Interview Date Assigned

06/08/12 - emailed Sydney IV to request earlier appointment - approved 07/03/12

07/11/12 - INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED

10/06/12 - POE LAX (then onto Seattle)

121 DAYS FROM PETITION TO APPROVAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

This is the message my wife sent me:

OK... well some news at least...

We have a case # and invoice #.

I will get a notice in the mail for the 864. I send that in with the fee. Once that it paid, I believe he said that it will generate the invoice for the $230 fee, then I can send the IV Package. They will then forward all the docs to Stockholm where you do your interview. Either of us can file the IV package. So we can figure that out when the time comes. I think it might be easier for you to send the stuff to me? But I guess for the 864 all I really need is my most current W2 (earning statement) and tax return. I have no idea how long this will all take. But... I'm not holding my breath. But it seems at least that the wheels are moving.

These seem to be the steps though.

http://travel.state..../info_5161.html

OK my wife got a case # and invoice # from the NVC yesterday. Am I correct in thinking the next thing we need to do is e-mail the Choice of Agent form the NVC?

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

This is the message my wife sent me:

OK my wife got a case # and invoice # from the NVC yesterday. Am I correct in thinking the next thing we need to do is e-mail the Choice of Agent form the NVC?

Yes, email the choice of agent ASAP. See post one for the template. And also check the payment portal with your case number and IIN to see if your AOS bill has been invoiced. Your DS bill will only be invoiced once they recieve and accept your choice of agent.

Good luck.

05/05/12 - IV bill appears as PAID. Still waiting on replacement marriage certificate.

05/11/12 - DS230 and I864 packages (without marriage cert) sent to joint sponsor before being forwarded to NVC

05/25/12 - checklist for original marriage and divorce certificates - marriage certificate delivered to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thank you very much. :thumbs:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

AOS packet accepted for me and my son. Good news. Woohoo :dance:

Now just waiting for the checklist items (marriage cert and divorce cert) to be added to the case file and we will get case closed.

Can't wait.

Might get July interview after all. One can hope.

Thank you very much. :thumbs:

Your welcome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, email the choice of agent ASAP. See post one for the template. And also check the payment portal with your case number and IIN to see if your AOS bill has been invoiced. Your DS bill will only be invoiced once they recieve and accept your choice of agent.

Good luck.

About the DS 3032, I have a doubt:

My husband currently lives with me in Brazil but his main residence it is the US, his DL address that we just renew, his voter cards has that address, bank account... and so on, we gonna live there cos his father lives there and he lived with him before he came here and here he is on a temporary visa.

My question: The DS asks for an address of my agent (my husband is gonna be my agent), should I use his US address, right? It seems a silly question I know ¬¬' :bonk: but just to not have any doubt. plz....

thank you guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.