Darnell

NVC Electronic Processing for Cuidad Juarez

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Applicants who are applying for a visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico in the following visa categories are required to process electronically if the first three letters of their NVC Case Number are MEP:

CR1 Conditional Spouse of United States Citizen

CR2 Conditional Child of United States Citizen

IR1 Spouse of United States Citizen

IR2 Child of United States Citizen

from http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4411.html

NO IDEA OF THE PUBLICATION DATE, or 'AS OF' Date -

but I stumbled across it this morning.

I've a wiki entry on HOW TO HANDLE NVC Electronic Processing - see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

and here's the 'but' -

How do you get an MEP casefile # from NVC? No Fricking Clue - I'll assume, until otherwise vetted, that one must OPT IN , using the normal OPT IN process.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Mike - thanks - I just wished there was more 'published' info on 'when' CJ came 'online' with EP.

Oh well. Maybe it'll pop up after CJ opens back up?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Darnell. I have read your wiki about EP. I´m a USC I have two cases at NVC one for my wife and one for my son. Only my son´s case MUST be EP at CJ. I paid only one AOS fee ( for my wife) Right now my son´s case is at the stage where IV receipt status shows "PAID" Do you know if there has been any change on waiting instructions from NVC, like what to send and when?

I think I´m ready to send I-864w, DS-230, Birth Certificate, Passport (Bio data page), and Passport style photos.

Thanks

- I-130 Sent, February 22, 2010

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

- Called July 6, 2010 Got case number and gave email address (Operator said case arrived July 2)

- Received two emails with DS3032 and AOS bill payment July 8, 2010

- Email DS3032 July 8, 2010 (Did not receive auto response)

- Sent payment online AOS bill July 9, 2010

- Sent payment online IV fee bill July 14, 2010

- Received IV instruction packet July 16, 2010

- AOS and IV packet delivered at NVC, July 30, 2010

- Case Closed August 25, 2010

- Interview October 12, 2010 APPROVED!!!

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

- Received email stating my son´s case must be processed electronically, AOS fee bill included in email, July 22, 2010

- Sent email to NVCElectronic to OPT-IN For Electronic Processing, July 23, 2010

- Received email from NVCElectronic OPT-IN accepted July 26, 2010

- Received email letter DS 3032 was accepted, letter included lV fee bill invoice, July 28, 2010

- IV Status: Paid July 29, 2010

- AOS and IV packet sent via email (forms and documents scanned) August 3, 2010

- Received email from NVCElectronic to let me know my son´s case was closed August 26, 2010

- Interview October 8, 2010 APPROVED!!!

Timeline

for 2 cases at NVC, is only 1 AOS fee. 2 ppl = 1 AOS fee.

Will need to somehow 'join' up the casefiles at NVC, but that's straightforward, usually.

The online payment portal may already 'think' the two casefiles are joined, but if that's not the case -

CALL NVC on Monday, get it sorted out.

re: MEP stuff- this is all new to me, I only make one assumption -

process is similar or exact to the 'normal' method of EP.

re: sending things on EP CASEFILES - unless you have other specific instructions from NVC, I suggest you follow the Canada filers methods - and it's -

when something is marked paid on the online payment portal, wait for the coversheet (1 to 2 days) to show up on the portal (new link, new thing to click) , download it, include it in the submission 'set' to NVCElectronic@state.gov . Process for for China-bound petitions are a little bit different, although the method is the same, with the caveat to wait for casefile converted to EP case (the case # changes from GUZ # to GZO #, notification is sent out about it).

But hey - is only assumption on my part about MEP casefiles - I have no hard data . I'm thinking YOU have hard data - please to share here at VJ ?

Timeline

This is what I have done with my son´s case:

1. Called NVC to get case #, that time I talked to an operator and after she verified petitioner and beneficiary´s Names and DOB, she already got my email address. My guess is they had it from my wife´s case.

2. Two days later I received two letters one addressed to me (petitioner) the subject was PAOSF I-130 UNIVERSAL, and the other addressed to my son ACL UNIVERSAL

This is what the PAOSF I-130 UNIVERSAL letter says:

The immigrant visa petition filed on behalf of <Beneficiary´s name> has arrived at the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing.

Our records indicate that the current address of the principal applicant is:

Beneficiary´s name

Beneficiary´s address

If this address is not correct, send the correct address to the National Visa Center (NVC) immediately.

You must pay the Affidavit of Support (AOS) fee ($88.00) before we can begin processing your petition.

IMPORTANT:

The NVC has established a program for the E-Mail/Electronic Processing of immigrant visa applications. E-Mail/Electronic Processing can reduce immigrant visas processing time substantially. E-Mail/Electronic Processing is available to a limited number of Embassies/Consulates.

If your case will be processed in:

Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, you must submit forms and documents electronically via e-mail.

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, and you are pursuing one of the following type of visas, you must submit forms

and documents electronically via e-mail:

-- CR1 Conditional Spouse of United States Citizen

Guangzhou, China, or Montreal, Canada, you may choose to submit forms and document either

electronically via e-mail or physically via postal mail.

Any other Embassy/Consulate, you must submit forms and documents physically by postal mail.

You must follow the instructions that apply to your case. If you will submit forms and documents electronically,

you must follow the Electronic Processing instructions provided at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. If you will

submit forms and documents physically, you must follow the instructions below. You may still communicate

with the NVC via e-mail even if you do not submit forms and documents electronically.

Fee Payment Instructions:

1. DO NOT send fee payments to the National Visa Center's Portsmouth, New Hampshire facility.

This will DELAY processing of the visa petition.

2. Go to www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and click the "Fee Collection" link, then the "Online Payment"

link, and then follow the instructions displayed.

3. Three days after making your online payment, you must:

a. Return to the Online Payment website to view your payment receipt, which will give you instructions

for the next step. You can print a copy for your records. DO NOT send a copy to the NVC.

b. Print a "Document Cover Sheet" for each fee paid, or save a PDF copy to print later.

c. Go back to the receipt page and click the "Go to Affidavit of Support Processing Instructions" link.

Documents must be submitted to the NVC as outlined inthe Electronic Processing section of the

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov site.

Payers who are unable to pay online must follow alternative payment instructions. Go to

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and click the "Fee Collection" link, then the "Alternative Payment

Method" link, and then follow the directions displayed.

Important Notes:

1. If the applicant intends to adjust status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

(USCIS), please contact the NVC before making any payments or taking further action.

2. If a period of one year passes without communication to the NVC, all documents and fees expire

and must be resubmitted to resume the immigration process.

3. Children who pass 21 years of age after the petition was originally approved by the USCIS become

ineligible to accompany or join the applicant(s) immigrating to the United States under the original

petition. In some situations, the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) may allow children to remain

eligible beyond 21 years of age. If you believe that the CSPA applies to this case, please send a

detailed explanation to the NVC. We will forward it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General for a

decision.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

(This letter is two pages long and is on PDF format, the file includes another 4 pages. So page 3 is the AOS fee bill invoice, page 4 has Visa Information, page 5 the non fillable DS-3032, and page 6 info about DS-3032 )

This is the ACL UNIVERSAL letter:

Dear Applicant:

We have received from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) the immigrant visa petition that was filed on your behalf. Before we can process your case, you must provide certain essential information.

IMPORTANT:

The NVC has established a program for the E-Mail/Electronic Processing of immigrant visa applications. E-Mail/Electronic Processing can reduce immigrant visas processing time substantially. E-Mail/Electronic Processing is available to a limited number of Embassies/Consulates.

If your case will be processed in:

Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, you must submit forms and documents electronically via e-mail.

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, the first three letters of your case number are MEP, and you are pursuing one of

the following type of visas, you must submit forms and documents electronically via e-mail:

CR1 Conditional Spouse of United States Citizen

Guangzhou, China, or Montreal, Canada, you may choose to submit forms and document either

electronically via e-mail or physically via postal mail.

Any other Embassy/Consulate, you must submit forms and documents physically by postal mail.

E-Mail/Electronic Processing

If you will submit forms and documents electronically, you must follow the Electronic Processing instructions

provided at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

Physical Mail Processing

If you will submit forms and documents physically, you must follow the instructions below. You may still communicate with the NVC via e-mail even if you do not submit forms and documents electronically.

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

- Called July 6, 2010 Got case number and gave email address (Operator said case arrived July 2)

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

- Received email stating my son´s case must be processed electronically, AOS fee bill included in email, July 22, 2010

- Sent email to NVCElectronic to OPT-IN For Electronic Processing, July 23, 2010

- Received email letter DS 3032 was accepted, letter included lV fee bill invoice, July 28, 2010

- Received email from NVCElectronic to let me know my son´s case was closed August 26, 2010

Timeline

Continuation

3. Followed instructions on Electronic Processing from web page www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov to OPT-IN (The problem for MEP cases was that the pdf page from Ciudad Juarez Consulate did not have the email address where to send emails and documents) I talked to an NVC operator and gave me the email address (the same Darnell has available for EP wiki) NVCElectronic@state.gov After gathering the info I prepared the OPT-IN email and attached the scanned DS-3032 that was previously filled and signed, on PDF format.

4. Three days later Received email stating OPT-IN accepted

5. Two days later received email letter stating DS-3032 was accepted, the letter included the IV fee bill invoice, which I paid same day.

6. One day latter IV status shows PAID

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

Timeline

totosan - thank you so much !

some things that are 'normal' - regardless of EP vs non-EP -

--IV fee bill shows up in the portal when the DS-3032 is added to the casefile.

---

If I'm reading you 'right' - you had to OPT IN via the 'standard method'.

Is strange only the son's casefile was 'pegged' for this -

IMO, things are better when both the spouse and son's casefiles get pegged for EP.

I'm excited to read your data - thanks so much !!!!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

totosan:

How do you OPT IN? I'm going through the EP as well (or so I think- lol) but I never emailed them to OPT IN. I spoke to a rep on Friday and he said I'm already in EP. I'm going to try calling today just to make sure. I paid my IV fee on Friday. That's where I'm at right now.

2/27/10 - - Got Married

3/13/10 - - Mailed our I-130

3/23/10 - - Received receipt notice via text and email

3/26/10 - - Received official receipt notice, I-797C

7/13/10 - - I-130 approved

7/23/10 - - NVC assigned case #

7/28/10 - - NVC emailed ChoiceofAgent form and AOS bill

7/28/10 - - I emailed ChoiceofAgent form and paid $88

7/30/10 - - AOS fee shows as PAID

7/30/10 - - Emailed I864 and supporting docs

7/30/10 - - Paid $404 IV fee

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh, never mind! I figured it out! I sent my OPT IN email just now. I spoke to a rep on Friday to make sure that I was under EP and he said yes and even confirmed they had received all the documents I had sent. But the site is clear about making sure to send your OPT IN email or it can delay the process. So I did it just in case.

2/27/10 - - Got Married

3/13/10 - - Mailed our I-130

3/23/10 - - Received receipt notice via text and email

3/26/10 - - Received official receipt notice, I-797C

7/13/10 - - I-130 approved

7/23/10 - - NVC assigned case #

7/28/10 - - NVC emailed ChoiceofAgent form and AOS bill

7/28/10 - - I emailed ChoiceofAgent form and paid $88

7/30/10 - - AOS fee shows as PAID

7/30/10 - - Emailed I864 and supporting docs

7/30/10 - - Paid $404 IV fee

Timeline

If I'm reading you 'right' - you had to OPT IN via the 'standard method'.

Yes I followed the standard method.

This is the body of the auto response email I received just after I sent my OPT-IN email.

This is an automated response. Please do not respond to this email.

The NVC has received your e-mail. We are currently processing in the

order of receipt. Please allow 10 business days for a response.

Please be advised that sending duplicate emails for opt in and mailing

documents via delivery service may have an adverse affect on the amount

of time it takes for us to process your case.

Thank you for your patience.

National Visa Center

------- -------- --------- ----------- --------- ----------- ------------

This is the body of the email when NVC accepted my OPT-IN email:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Your case will be processed electronically at the National Visa Center (NVC).

Your case has been updated with the email address you have provided to us.

All further communication with NVC will now be done through this email address:

NVCElectronic@state.gov.

All documents and forms that we request and require from you should be scanned copies of the originals. The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at the visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

Any questions regarding your petition should now be directed to NVCElectronic@state.gov.

Regards,

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCElectronic@state.gov

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

Timeline

This is the body of the email letter I received after DS-3032 was approved.

Dear Sir/Madam:

You have been designated to act as agent for the referenced immigrant visa petition of <Beneficiary´s name> The Immigrant Visa Processing Fee(s) ($404.00 for each applicant) indicated on the enclosed fee bill invoice(s) must be paid before petition processing can continue. An invoice for each eligible applicant is enclosed.

Payment Instructions:

1. DO NOT send fee payments to the National Visa Center's Portsmouth, New Hampshire facility.

This will DELAY processing of the visa petition.

2. Go to www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and click the "Fee Collection" link, then click the

"OnlinePayment" link, and follow the instructions displayed.

3. Three days after making the online payment(s) you must:

a. Return to the Online Payment website to view your payment receipt, which will give you

instructions for the next step. You can print a copy for your records. DO NOT send a copy to

the NVC.

b. Print a copy of the "Document Cover Sheet" for each fee paid, or save a PDF copy to print

later.

c. When the IV fee status indicates PAID, follow the link to "Applicant Document Processing

Instructions", and follow the instructions displayed for each sponsor.

Payers who are unable to pay online must follow alternative payment instructions. Go to

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and click the "Fee Collection" link, then the "Alternative Payment

Method" link, and then follow the directions displayed.

Important Notes:

1. If you did not receive a fee bill for any applicant who should be listed on this case, DO NOT

send a fee payment for the applicant. Instead, contact the NVC.

2. If a period of one year passes without communication to the NVC, all documents and fees

expire and must be resubmitted to resume the immigration process.

3. If the applicant's intention is to adjust status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

(USCIS), please contact the NVC before taking further action or making any payments.

4. Children who pass 21 years of age after the petition was originally approved by the USCIS

become ineligible to accompany or join the applicant(s) immigrating to the United States

under the original petition. In some situations, the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) may

allow children to remain eligible beyond 21 years of age. If you believe that the CSPA

applies to this case, please send a detailed explanation to the NVC. We will forward it to the

U.S. Embassy/Consulate General for a decision.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

Timeline

totosan - am I understanding you ? you've got a PAPER case for yer spouse, and an EP case for the child?

Timeline

That is right Darnell.

I talked to an NVC operator and ask if I have to pay two AOS fees, I told operator that I have two cases at NVC, she asked for case number and confirm there was no need to pay another AOS fee, but I don´t know if that was enough to link both cases.

Could you let me know where to find the Canada filers methods?

Thanks

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I received an email from NVCElectronic, as far as I understand my son´s case is closed, this is the body of the email:

Dear Sir/Madam:

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Regards,

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCElectronic@state.gov

- NOA2 June 23, 2010

National Visa Center

My son´s Journey

- NOA2 July 7, 2010

National Visa Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.