vieiraleov

REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE and travel abroad

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All,

My wife and I will be applying for I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE for myself.

I have a trip abroad on June 14, 2012. I will send the package on May 8th 2012. Per your own experiences, do you believe my biometric appoint should arrive by then?

Also, do I have to make an infopass and get a stamp on my passport for this trip? Or the letter, green card and passport should be enough?

Best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All,

My 2 years green card expires on 8/5/2012. The 90 days time frame includes Saturday and Sunday? If I file/send package on 05/08/2012, is it within the 90 days period? I am applying as soon as I can because I have a business international trip on June 14th 2012, and would like to have the biometrics completed prior to the travel.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best

All,

My 2 years green card expires on 8/5/2012. The 90 days time frame includes Saturday and Sunday? If I file/send package on 05/08/2012, is it within the 90 days period? I am applying as soon as I can because I have a business international trip on June 14th 2012, and would like to have the biometrics completed prior to the travel.

Best

The 90 days includes Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays. It is 90 days. So count back from 08/05/2012 90 days and you will see that 05/07/2012 is 90 days before your GC expires. AS long as USCIS recieves your ROC between 05/07/12 and 08/05/12 you are okay.

Good luck,

Dave

All,

My wife and I will be applying for I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE for myself.

I have a trip abroad on June 14, 2012. I will send the package on May 8th 2012. Per your own experiences, do you believe my biometric appoint should arrive by then?

Also, do I have to make an infopass and get a stamp on my passport for this trip? Or the letter, green card and passport should be enough?

Best

It is difficult to say nowadays, they both (NOA & Biometric App. Letter) might come before your trip. According to my experiences, they will probably come but you never know.

If you get the NOA Extension Letter, then it is going to be enough to travel passport, expired GC & NOA Extension Letter.

However if you do not get the NOA letter on time, I mean before your trip, make a INFOPASS at your local USCIS office & get your passport I-551 stamped.

If you get the Bio App. Letter & the date is let's say after your trip date, you can also do your Bio by walk-in, just in case take the copy of e-ticket with you to show that you are going abroad.

Some ASC doesn't accept walk-ins, but most of them do, again everything depends on the person, If you are nice to them they will be nice to you too.

Another scenario is you receive your NOA letter but not Bio App Letter, in this case appoint someone to check your mail box & If you get the Bio App. letter while you are abroad reschedule your bio

according to your return date.

Bottom line is, If I were you I would file my ROC after I come back to US, you have 90 days to file, I wouldn't worry about it while I'm abroad & also the date you are filing (according to your trip) is very risky, considering not much time in between. Good luck!....please keep us posted......

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

All,

Best

USCIS uses this calculator http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

According to your conditional GC expiration date, earliest you can file is May 7, 2012.

Why don't you do it after you come back like I always do. Unless you stay abroad about 2 months.

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Agree with the other poster that yuo should wait until you get back (unless you're back after your card expires). I filed April 4th and i still haven't RECEIVED the bio letter. Assuming the appointment would be 3 weeks from the time I get the letter and that you'll be in a similar position you would be cutting it REALLY close to make your biometrics appointment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I had the same situation - travel abroad during 90 days period. I have waited until I am back. My GC expires 06/22/2012 and I traveled 04/06/2012-04/28/2012. So I have just got back home and will file my packet this week. Went through all the customs in Poland, Denmark, Lithuania and USA with no problems! I would say wait until you come back if your GC will still be valid on the day you enter back to US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.