shorty2345

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

551 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Thanks Athena..I am feeling silly to ask you this question..but what is senator and how to contact senator? Please suggest..Thanks..

Are you the beneficiary? In that case your petitioner should contact one of the two senators in his/her state. The contact details of all senators are here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

And here is some reading on the Senate itself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate

I believe most if not all senators have an immigration liaison office whose staff can make a congressional inquiry at USCIS on your behalf. Contacting the senator should normally be done only as a last resort, but in my view, as a February 2011 filer, you have a case to ask for their help.

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Are you the beneficiary? In that case your petitioner should contact one of the two senators in his/her state. The contact details of all senators are here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

And here is some reading on the Senate itself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate

I believe most if not all senators have an immigration liaison office whose staff can make a congressional inquiry at USCIS on your behalf. Contacting the senator should normally be done only as a last resort, but in my view, as a February 2011 filer, you have a case to ask for their help.

Thank you so Much..Do they charge any fees for this?

PD FEB 03 2011

Timeline

Thank you so Much..Do they charge any fees for this?

I don't think so, although I am not 100% sure. My husband contacted his senator's office once on an immigration issue, and I don't think he had to pay anything.

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:

NVC:

Thanks Athena..I am feeling silly to ask you this question..but what is senator and how to contact senator? Please suggest..Thanks..

I hv a bit clue how to find your congressman and senator. open this link.

kinda amaze too there's a website like this.. it is so help full.

http://www.unitefamilies.org/eng/action/index.html

RYubm4.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can our LPR spouses even seek the help of their congressmen or senators? :unsure:

As far as I know and read here on VJ, it is the US citizens that can "demand" assistance from congressmen/senators. I may be wrong though.

Timeline

Can our LPR spouses even seek the help of their congressmen or senators? :unsure:

As far as I know and read here on VJ, it is the US citizens that can "demand" assistance from congressmen/senators. I may be wrong though.

My husband contacted his senator a couple of years ago, and the senator's office didn't turn him away even though he was (and still is) a permanent resident and not a citizen. At this point it's worth a try for the February 2011 filers, the worst thing that can happen is that the senator's office says no. In which case, once the LPR becomes a voting citizen, he/she will know who not to vote for...

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:

NVC:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband contacted his senator a couple of years ago, and the senator's office didn't turn him away even though he was (and still is) a permanent resident and not a citizen. At this point it's worth a try for the February 2011 filers, the worst thing that can happen is that the senator's office says no. In which case, once the LPR becomes a voting citizen, he/she will know who not to vote for...

Yeah, it will be payback time once our spouses become USC! :lol:

Hello Dear Vermont fillers,

Just to let you know guys, that i called USCIS today, and i explained them the situation on how im from feb 2011 and havent received my noa2 yet and its only 3 months and half from my priority to be current on the visa bulletin, and i requested them a service request, but they didn't accept it. He told me though, that my petition should be approved by next month 23, otherwise i should contact them again.... right after i called, i also sent them an email regarding this situation, now im waiting to see what happens next. i will keep you updated guys, you guys from feb or earlier should also try to do the same to see if we get this people finally moving because its not easy to be without the love ones.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Dear Vermont fillers,

Just to let you know guys, that i called USCIS today, and i explained them the situation on how im from feb 2011 and havent received my noa2 yet and its only 3 months and half from my priority to be current on the visa bulletin, and i requested them a service request, but they didn't accept it. He told me though, that my petition should be approved by next month 23, otherwise i should contact them again.... right after i called, i also sent them an email regarding this situation, now im waiting to see what happens next. i will keep you updated guys, you guys from feb or earlier should also try to do the same to see if we get this people finally moving because its not easy to be without the love ones.

Hi,

I am also Feb 2011 Filer. I called USCIS I got the same respose as yours except they haven't told me that my petition should be approved by next month.

PD FEB 03 2011

guys, I got a reply from VSC regarding my case. im a little bit confused what does it mean? specially the bold line. can anyone tell me ?

afew weeks ago, my husband sent an email to VSC and here is their reply:

>>Good day, Our records indicate that your I-130 petition was received on July 22, 2011, and is currently pending. The Vermont Service Center (VSC) is presently processing I-130 petitions filed under the F2A category which were received on or before January 28, 2011, as per the most recent posted processing times found on the www.uscis.gov website. Therefore, your case is within our normal processing times. Review of our records reflect that your case has been forwarded on and is with an Immigration Services Officer at this time. For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. If you would like to obtain forms, filing instructions, case status or schedule an appointment with your local office, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov.

Thank you,

Officer XXXXXX

Vermont Service Center

Customer Service Unit

RYubm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey ,thats good that u got reply atleast.

N i hope we gonna have our noa2 very soon

My pd 16 june 2011

Citizenship (2014):

May-10-2014.... Application mailed out , through USPS express mail.

May-12-2014.... Application package delivered.

May-15-2014.....Check Cashed by USCIS

June-02-2014....Biometrics (walk in) syracuse field office

June-04-2014....Actual Biometrics appointment date

June-04-2014....in line for interview scheduling

Aug -19-2014....Interview

WHEEEEYYY !!!!!!!!!, On that email i see 2 Good news, 1. it seems that vermont has started to process F2A CASES, Because read this: which were received on or before January 28, 2011 and as you know vermont has been stopped in the 23 january for months, but as you clearly see this officer is telling us that they are currently working for cases until 28 january, so they have moved 5 days.... and the 2 Good news is that you case is under an immigration officer for what they are saying......

guys, I got a reply from VSC regarding my case. im a little bit confused what does it mean? specially the bold line. can anyone tell me ?

afew weeks ago, my husband sent an email to VSC and here is their reply:

>>Good day, Our records indicate that your I-130 petition was received on July 22, 2011, and is currently pending. The Vermont Service Center (VSC) is presently processing I-130 petitions filed under the F2A category which were received on or before January 28, 2011, as per the most recent posted processing times found on the www.uscis.gov website. Therefore, your case is within our normal processing times. Review of our records reflect that your case has been forwarded on and is with an Immigration Services Officer at this time. For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. If you would like to obtain forms, filing instructions, case status or schedule an appointment with your local office, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov.

Thank you,

Officer XXXXXX

Vermont Service Center

Customer Service Unit

WHEEEEYYY !!!!!!!!!, On that email i see 2 Good news, 1. it seems that vermont has started to process F2A CASES, Because read this: which were received on or before January 28, 2011 and as you know vermont has been stopped in the 23 january for months, but as you clearly see this officer is telling us that they are currently working for cases until 28 january, so they have moved 5 days.... and the 2 Good news is that you case is under an immigration officer for what they are saying......

yess jrh39, it is clear now.. im about to wait next good news, I hope. thanks so much.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/409840-an-email-reply-from-vsc-what-does-it-mean/

RYubm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.