X Factor

Judge Sets Bail at $150,000 for Shooter in Trayvon Martin Case

153 posts in this topic

But Zimmerman wasn't recognized by the neighborhood as a watchman. He was just some creepy guy in the neighborhood who appointed himself a 'watchman'. You know the type. You might like to think that wouldn't bother you, but I'm sure if it was your wife, mother or daughter walking home at night alone, she'd be freaked. And then when she started running home, he got out of his car, he continued pursuing her on foot. Lets say she outran him and made it home, slams the door shut and tells you she was being followed by that creepy neighbor, Zimmerman. Are you gonna tell her not to worry about it, he was just trying to keep her safe? :lol: Yeah right.

As a woman, wife and mother of a teen girl. I would love to have GZ or guys like him as a wachtman to protect my neighborhood. I would feel safer. I can tell you that much. I don't seen him as creepy at all. Not everyone likes to do volunteer work these days.

If for any reason I perceive, detect, feel that some one is following me or stalking me for not apparent explanation You BET I'll be calling 911 the next second instead of my husband or boyfriend. Even more if I don't live in that community in a daily basis.

So bottom line is that if a person doesn't call 911 having a phone in hands that only means that this person is not scare enough to make that call. I have heard stories of small kids calling 911 because they determined even in that tender age that something was wrong. So I guess that a teen or young man is perfectly capable of doing that.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So the homeowners association newsletter identifying Zimmerman as the Captain of the Neighborhood watch, means he is a creepy guy who appointed himself?

Plus, lawyers say, Exhibit A would be a newsletter sent by the association to residents in February, the same month as the shooting. It said Zimmerman was the go-to person for residents who had been the victims of a crime.

Under the heading "Neighborhood Watch," the newsletter's message recommended that residents first call police and then "please contact our Captain, George Zimmerman ... so he can be aware and help address the issue with other residents."

Homeowners told by HOA to contact Zimmerman

Yeah, that's what his lawyers claim. We'll see if that holds any water of truth.

When 28-year-old George Zimmerman was discovered by Sanford, Florida police standing over the body of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they accepted Zimmerman's claim that he killed in self-defense as a neighborhood watch captain. Now, through a statement released by the National Sheriffs' Association (NSA) -- the parent organization of USAonWatch-Neighborhood Watch -- it has been revealed that Zimmerman was not a member of any group recognized by the organization. Zimmerman violated the central tenets of Neighborhood Watch by following Martin, confronting him and carrying a concealed weapon.

"In no program that I have ever heard of does someone patrol with a gun in their pocket," Carmen Caldwell, the Executive Director of Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, told theGrio. "Every city and municipality has their own policies. Here in Miami-Dade we train people only to be the eyes and ears of their communities. Not to follow and most definitely not to carry a weapon."

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/trayvon-martin/zimmerman-not-a-member-of-recognized-neighborhood-watch-organization.php

Even from your link, it says:

Under the heading "Neighborhood Watch," the newsletter's message recommended that residents first call police and then "please contact our Captain, George Zimmerman ... so he can be aware and help address the issue with other residents."

That seeming endorsement of Zimmerman exposes the 7-year-old association to possible legal action by Martin's parents, homeowners association attorneys said.

"It's almost like if you give your son the keys to a brand new Corvette when he turns 16" and he gets in an accident, said Roberto Blanch, a South Florida attorney who specializes in homeowners associations. "You may be seen as enabling the occurrence or the loss."

So, if Zimmerman in fact was acting in any official capacity as a designated watchman, then the HOA could be held liable. I've belonged to HOA's where they actually hired an independent security company to patrol the neighborhood. The security guards drive in visibly labeled vehicles and wear uniforms with name badges.

It will be interesting to see if the HOA did in fact endorse Zimmerman and if so, what were their by-laws (if any) regarding neighborhood watches. It would be surprising if they had no by-law restricting carrying of a gun while on watch, let alone following anyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

As a woman, wife and mother of a teen girl. I would love to have GZ or guys like him as a wachtman to protect my neighborhood. I would feel safer. I can tell you that much.

And I am going to love when GZ gets life in prison! I will sleep better at night knowing a dangerous armed criminal is off the streets. kicking.gif

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

And I am going to love when GZ gets life in prison! I will sleep better at night knowing a dangerous armed criminal is off the streets. kicking.gif

:rolleyes:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You BET I'll be calling 911 the next second instead of my husband or boyfriend.

:huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

:huh:

mmmm, I meant that being either married as I am or just being single in a relationship. I would call a husband if am married or a boyfriend If i was single in a relationship. Geez! English is my second language therefore I surely make a lot of grammar mistakes. :wacko:

and yes I was pointing that this young man called his girlfriend instead of the authorities that night.

Edited by mari&Ryan

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

As a woman, wife and mother of a teen girl. I would love to have GZ or guys like him as a wachtman to protect my neighborhood. I would feel safer. I can tell you that much. I don't seen him as creepy at all. Not everyone likes to do volunteer work these days.

If for any reason I perceive, detect, feel that some one is following me or stalking me for not apparent explanation You BET I'll be calling 911 the next second instead of my husband or boyfriend. Even more if I don't live in that community in a daily basis.

So bottom line is that if a person doesn't call 911 having a phone in hands that only means that this person is not scare enough to make that call. I have heard stories of small kids calling 911 because they determined even in that tender age that something was wrong. So I guess that a teen or young man is perfectly capable of doing that.

Having a trusted or known neighbor looking out for the neighborhood - yeah, I can understand that.

What I can't really imagine is that despite "not living in that community on a daily basis" why you suggest Trayvon should be fearful of his surroundings to the point where a 5-10 minute encounter should make him immediately dial 911? He was having a chat with his gf and noticed some guy noticing him. You are right though - he didn't seem fearful for his life, but apparently he should have been! If he had your seeming gift of clairvoyancy (aka hindsight?) he might have known 5 minutes earlier that he might die! Then the blame wouldn't be on the kid for not knowing better.

tongue_ss.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

She's referring to Martin's call to his girlfriend instead of 911.

Questioning why Martin didn't call 911 when he first noticed Zimmerman following him sounds like blaming the victim. I don't know too many guys who would be so eager to call the police every time they see a stray cat the way Zimmerman would. He had a fetish for law enforcement.

That’s something that Miami Maj. Delrish Moss, who oversees the department’s community outreach unit, cautions against when speaking to city-organized citizen’s patrols. Last week, he brought up the Zimmerman case to his volunteers, stressing it’s best to leave weapons at home.

Leave the police aspirations and guns at home and focus on simply observing and reporting potential crime, Moss told them.

“In law enforcement, you always run into people who speak to you in cop jargon, in a way that you can tell they are some kind of frustrated cop,” Moss said. “For the most part, they are harmless and just love police officers, but sometimes, these conversations can be alarming.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/v-print/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html#storylink=cpyhttp://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/v-print/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Questioning why Martin didn't call 911 when he first noticed Zimmerman following him sounds like blaming the victim. I don't know too many guys who would be so eager to call the police every time they see a stray cat the way Zimmerman would. He had a fetish for law enforcement.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/v-print/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html#storylink=cpyhttp://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/v-print/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html

I agree. Being on the line with someone before the situation, I'd rather not hang up to dial 911 as it can take a few moments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They don't suspend kids for tardiness or skipping school... You can get ISS/ACP for a day or two, but they aren't going to reward you by giving you more days off for skipping already. That's the most absurd school district I've heard of if that were actually the case.

Wrong! :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

They don't suspend kids for tardiness or skipping school... You can get ISS/ACP for a day or two, but they aren't going to reward you by giving you more days off for skipping already. That's the most absurd school district I've heard of if that were actually the case.

From what I remember ISS was horrible. Almost like being in jail. You are confined to your desk all day long. And you stare at it and scribble in silence for 8 hours. It was torture.

A little trick I used was to skip ISS....If I remember correctly you skipped it 2 times then they suspended you for 2 days as a substitute. Or as I called it, they rewarded me for skipping.

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

From what I remember ISS was horrible. Almost like being in jail. You are confined to your desk all day long. And you stare at it and scribble in silence for 8 hours. It was torture.

A little trick I used was to skip ISS....If I remember correctly you skipped it 2 times then they suspended you for 2 days as a substitute. Or as I called it, they rewarded me for skipping.

And they didn't just gun you down in the street, 'take out the garbage'? Things seem to be changing! :help: