Nyosh

ROC AND CHANGE OF ADDRESS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey guys, I will be filing for ROC in November 2012.

Today, when I went to check my mail, i found my mailbox down and in pieces. My mail was opened, like someone read it. But there was nothing important. I was concerned about this so I went to the Post Office and applied to have a post office box since my mail would be secure in the post office box. Here is my question, I havent moved, still living in the same address that i used to file my papers before. Do i need to file a change of address with USCIS? Do they accept P. O. Box addresses? :help:

Thanks for your replies.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I think they will accept your Po box address. double check with somebody else though.

USCIS Petition(s) Filed

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative (mother)

Date I-130 Sent : (2012-02-14)

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt)via email : (2012-02-21)

Date I-130 NOA1 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-02-28)

Date I-130 NOA2 (Receipt)via email : (2012-06-11)

Date I-130 NOA2 (hard copy Receipt)via mail : (2012-06-14)

Date Package Received By NVC : (2012-07-02)

ds3032(Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants): sent from mother's email address on 8/3/12. Approved on 8/10/12

AOS paid 8/5/12, IV paid 8/23/12.

ds230,i864ez,aos and iv receipt,documents(6 last pay stubs,job letter,beneficiary's birth certificate(certified and legalized),2 2x2 photos,police report(certified),w2 and transcripts from 2009-2011,copy of beneficiary passport.8/23/12

checklist received from NVC on 8/30/12- missing petioner's documents(marriage certificate,birth certificate,2011 transcript).

checklist sent to NVC by air on 9/1/12 to arrive on 9/4/12.

check list recieved on email 9/13/12 ( petioner INEXTENSA birth certificate and 2011 taxes transcript directly from IRS).

2011 taxes transcript (directly from IRS) sent on 9/12/12.Arrived 9/14/12

petioner birth certificate (INEXTENSA)sent on 9/13/12. Arrived 9/14/12

CASE COMPLETE 09/25/12

10/03/12 INTERVIEW assigned for 11/19/12 received letter via email later on in the day.

Medical done 11/06/12

Visa approved 11/19/12

VISA ON HAND 11/29/12 ( DELIVERED HOME)

POE 12/08/12- SAN JUAN,PUERTO RICO

F2A LPR petitioning for minor children

PD 8/5/13 , NOA2 8/27/13, CASE COMPLETE 3/5/14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am not sure about this and your local post office can confirm but if something goes to your home address, they know to put the mail in your PO box. Your address is linked to that. If so, then I would not change anything.

Timeline

Nyosh, I am sorry about your mail situation. Let's hope it will be just a one-time occurrence and that it won't happen again. Perhaps it was some kids just messing around...you know how that goes. :angry:

Check into what Enigma said. If that's the case, I wouldn't change anything either. Good luck!

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

I changed my address online about 3 month ago and even received the letter from USCIS saying that they changed my address in the system. Then couple weeks ago i called to USCIS and ask they operator lady if they changed my address in their system just to make sure, so she said if i received the letter that means yes they changed it in the system. Yesterday i called them again and ask to talk to the second level representative about my case, so when that lady pulled up my case she ask for the address and you know what she said: " No your address hasn't been changed in the system, its still shows my old address". On my question why i received the letter from USCIS, she just said: " Oh well, sometimes it happens, you just automatically receive mail from us but it doesn't really mean anything". I was soooo pissed. She did the request to change my address.

This is the story for all of you who got the address changed, call them and make sure they change it.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Nyosh, I am sorry about your mail situation. Let's hope it will be just a one-time occurrence and that it won't happen again. Perhaps it was some kids just messing around...you know how that goes. :angry:

Check into what Enigma said. If that's the case, I wouldn't change anything either. Good luck!

Thanks Ben and Jill. I hope it will never happen again. I checked into wat Enigma said but the woman at the post office insists that we change our address. Right now they are holding our mails and we pick them up from the Post Office. I will call USCIS and get some advice on what to do. Thanks.

I changed my address online about 3 month ago and even received the letter from USCIS saying that they changed my address in the system. Then couple weeks ago i called to USCIS and ask they operator lady if they changed my address in their system just to make sure, so she said if i received the letter that means yes they changed it in the system. Yesterday i called them again and ask to talk to the second level representative about my case, so when that lady pulled up my case she ask for the address and you know what she said: " No your address hasn't been changed in the system, its still shows my old address". On my question why i received the letter from USCIS, she just said: " Oh well, sometimes it happens, you just automatically receive mail from us but it doesn't really mean anything". I was soooo pissed. She did the request to change my address.

This is the story for all of you who got the address changed, call them and make sure they change it.

Hey nastia123. Thanks for your info. Im going to call USCIS and make sure that my address is changed.

Hi Nyosh,

I am planning to change my address. When I read the instructions for address change in the USCIS website it said we have to change our address at 2 places. Here is the extract from USCIS website.

Have any pending OR recently approved applications or petitions (except for VAWA, T or U visa); you need to complete two steps:

Step1: File Form AR-11 (online OR by mail),

AND

Step 2: Change your address on any pending or recently approved applications or petitions (online OR by phone at 1-800-375-5283)

Use our convenient Online Change of Address system to complete steps 1 and 2 at the same time. Once you complete Form AR-11 online - the system will also provide you the opportunity to change your address on any pending or recently approved applications. If you use our Online Change of Address to complete Form AR-11, you do NOT need to file a paper Form AR-11.[/b]

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2e5174ab3d2fa210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The link to this. Hence you should change your adress in 2 places.

I think you changed address in 1 place and did not in the other. This is the confusion.

Edited by Vignesh

Timeline

Hi Nyosh,

I am planning to change my address. When I read the instructions for address change in the USCIS website it said we have to change our address at 2 places. Here is the extract from USCIS website.

Have any pending OR recently approved applications or petitions (except for VAWA, T or U visa); you need to complete two steps:

Step1: File Form AR-11 (online OR by mail),

AND

Step 2: Change your address on any pending or recently approved applications or petitions (online OR by phone at 1-800-375-5283)

Use our convenient Online Change of Address system to complete steps 1 and 2 at the same time. Once you complete Form AR-11 online - the system will also provide you the opportunity to change your address on any pending or recently approved applications. If you use our Online Change of Address to complete Form AR-11, you do NOT need to file a paper Form AR-11.[/b]

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2e5174ab3d2fa210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The link to this. Hence you should change your adress in 2 places.

I think you changed address in 1 place and did not in the other. This is the confusion.

Thanks Vignesh, I changed my address last year when I moved and I did the two steps. I want to change my address again coz im now using a P. O. Box. afer my mail box was vandalized. Just want to know if I can use a P. O. BOX. Does USCIS accept P.O. BOXES or just the physical address?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It can take 4-5 months for change of address to be entered. Crazy but true

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Vignesh, I changed my address last year when I moved and I did the two steps. I want to change my address again coz im now using a P. O. Box. afer my mail box was vandalized. Just want to know if I can use a P. O. BOX. Does USCIS accept P.O. BOXES or just the physical address?

For ROC especially there is a "physical address" and a "mailing address". I put my PO Box as my mailing address (I do not get street delivery so we HAVE to have a PO Box) and I've had no issues getting it to my PO Box.

**Edit - You don't change your address. Your physical address is the same. Leave it as is. You will probably still get your ROC reminder (if you get one) to your old address, I did, but it's not a big deal. Your ROC will be fine.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.