raf.luv.leah

K1 packet - paper size important?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

(Mahal, if you're reading this, your blasted country has given me trouble yet again!)

I printed all the forms and documents for our K1 packet but it's all on A4 paper. I check the I-129F and G-325A PDF properties and see that it's 8.5" x 11".

#@#&*@& American rapscallions and their stubbornness to conform to international standards! First, they call football soccer and now THIS! WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END???

ANYWAY.

Is paper size critical? Do I need to reprint everything on 8.5" x 11" paper?

Thanks in advance for any help. :-)

I am (usually) the beneficiary.

If everything is printed in A4 I am not sure they will be able to tell the difference as A4 is 297 mm X 210 mm or 11.7" X 8.3", I do not think anybody can tell the difference of 0.2" unless they place a letter size piece of paper on the stack. We had 8.5" X 11" that I printed and sent to my wife and she printed out her documents as A4. We had no problems at the Consulate stage. Why should like nik pick paper size as long as all the relavent information is there?

Good luck (the US said they would begin using the metric system as it was the international standard and that was back in 1860's, when will we change??)\

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Same as Thomas01. I printed all the forms needed at the embassy stage on A4 paper, and it was ok. I checked to make sure all the informations were there and that nothing was "cut".

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haha thanks guys. I know it probably doesn't matter but I just want everything to be perfect. I'm just gonna reprint everything on 8.5" x 11" because I'm OC like that.

And I don't wanna have nightmares like:

Raf: Babe, I got good news! NOA1 today!!

Leah: Yay!!!! I'm so happy mahal!!! *virtual kiss*

Raf: *virtual grope*

Leah: Heyyy~~ Stopp that~~~! *giggle* *mm*

*following scenes have been removed for very young audiences*

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

Raf: Babe, they sent me something...

Leah: What is it? NOA2?

Raf: No...

Leah: RFE? It's gonna be okay, we can just give them more eviden--

Raf: --Babe, they said we had to resubmit everything on 8.5" x 11" paper...

Leah: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *Munch's The Scream face*

I am (usually) the beneficiary.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

(Mahal, if you're reading this, your blasted country has given me trouble yet again!)

I printed all the forms and documents for our K1 packet but it's all on A4 paper. I check the I-129F and G-325A PDF properties and see that it's 8.5" x 11".

#@#&*@& American rapscallions and their stubbornness to conform to international standards! First, they call football soccer and now THIS! WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END???

ANYWAY.

Come help us rapscallions conform to the rest of the world....Why does the USA must be so difficult?

if others have positive experience with A4 & the embassy is in a country that uses A4 sounds like you should be ok.

once you are in the states though, i would definitely use letter size. (guess at that point it will be difficult to get hold of A4 paper anyway)

even if the two are very similar, they may scan stuff and depending on the machine it can be inconvenient to change size or it will just cut parts at the bottom off.

as you point out yourself, i think the hassle of any problems down the line outweigh the hassle of reprinting ;)

Edited by Mike Z

21/2 - received NOA in mail for all 4 (130/485/765/131)

23/3 - biometrics scheduled -> did "early" walk-in on 21 March

06/4 - received email update, interview scheduled for 7th May

27/4 - received EAD

08/5 - email: approval one day after interview (7th May)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haha thanks guys. I know it probably doesn't matter but I just want everything to be perfect. I'm just gonna reprint everything on 8.5" x 11" because I'm OC like that.

And I don't wanna have nightmares like:

Raf: Babe, I got good news! NOA1 today!!

Leah: Yay!!!! I'm so happy mahal!!! *virtual kiss*

Raf: *virtual grope*

Leah: Heyyy~~ Stopp that~~~! *giggle* *mm*

*following scenes have been removed for very young audiences*

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

Raf: Babe, they sent me something...

Leah: What is it? NOA2?

Raf: No...

Leah: RFE? It's gonna be okay, we can just give them more eviden--

Raf: --Babe, they said we had to resubmit everything on 8.5" x 11" paper...

Leah: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *Munch's The Scream face*

Hahahaha.....you are very funny.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This happen to me when I had my Fiancee print and fill out the G325 and her letter of intent. When I received the forms/letter it was not the standard size paper, I asked why is the paper so big..lol.. she said that's what they use. Not wanting to make her feel bad and resend everything again I just cut it to 8.5 X 11.. to match the rest of the paper work.

Filed: Timeline

Some of my original documents are oversized from Australia. I just photocopied my originals onto larger sized paper and sent it as is. Some on standard US sized paper and some on larger sized paper. I didn't have to fold any pages and they fit nicely and neatly into a package. What they do with them once in their hands is up to them. As long as all the information is in tact on the pages there shouldn't be a problem (I would hope).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

print it on a sheep skin and mail it the same day shipping w/ requesting someone to sign it. and make sure it will be the heaviest folder of all cases in uscis. :rofl:

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

ANYWAY.

If anything, it could only help your petition, as the paper would stick out a little from the others. Hey, you never know, maybe you get an OCD-driven adjudicator that wants nothing more than to have his/her area free of a "non-standard" paper size and you get approved real fast. B-) Keep us posted, maybe you have uncovered a fast-forward trick

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
If everything is printed in A4 I am not sure they will be able to tell the difference as A4 is 297 mm X 210 mm or 11.7" X 8.3", I do not think anybody can tell the difference of 0.2" unless they place a letter size piece of paper on the stack.

FWIW I can tell the difference. Letter sized is short and stumpy. I can tell the difference a mile off. Stupid letter sized paper and folders/binders!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You won't get an RFE for papersize. Australia doesn't have access to letter sized (that I'm aware of) so EVERY Australian K1 applicant has their ####### on A4. I was never RFE'd. Those thousands were never RFE'd. You're not the first and won't be the last. Stress less :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.