33 posts in this topic

You could always take her for a titre test to see what (if any) antibodies she has. Since you are unsure which vaccines she has had. A titre test will tell you which vaccines she lacks.

USCIS links to the CDC for guidelines for vaccinating pregnant women. See here:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm

USCIS says this about pregnant women adjusting status:

Q. I am pregnant and do not wish to receive any vaccinations. Do I still have to get them to be able to obtain permanent resident status in the United States?

A. If you are pregnant, the CDC's Technical Instructions direct the civil surgeon how to evaluate the vaccines you are able to receive during pregnancy. If the civil surgeon cannot safely administer a required vaccine, he/she will annotate the Form I-693 by marking the vaccine as contraindicated. See link to the right for information on pregnancy and vaccinations in general.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

If you choose to wait till after the baby is born for vaccinations, then make no travel plans to the Philippines until she's got her Advance Parole document.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the link this helps. We know she has Hep B, Hep A, MMR, Polio, and TB. those I am certain of. they did do a titre test at the Ob/gyn office which is why we are getting a copy of the records for the civil surgeon office. the ob/gyn test also shows negative for Syphilis. A skin TB test would be positive since she has the TB shot. (the TB shot is not normal but because of the high incidence in the Philippines, we felt it safer to prevent risks.)

My bigger problem is she is getting very "homesick". Manly just missing family and friends. September makes a year since leaving. So I am working on making plans for when the baby is 3 months old. (the baby will get a lot of vaccines by then, plus some immunization from Gretchen.) the main thing I will need to do is get an AC unit in the house over there for me and the baby. (plus want to take advantage of the baby flying free for the next 2 years.....)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

she not make new friends locally? should be able to find some Phils community locally. I know yer busy man, paid by the hour, but a good foray into the local community can be life and marriage saving.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

we have friends and family locally. Believe me, I even shop weekly at a market which has some of her hometown things. But nothing beats mom and dad plus siblings sometimes. 1/3 of her village is family. (just like most villages.) She is doing well and adjusting well, but I can tell she misses family. It has been 7 months since we left. 2 months until baby is born, and would like to make a trip before the year is over.

We would have had her AOS done, but I thought with her being pregnant I could not file until after the baby was born because of vaccinations. Now reading the latest updated form further, I can see, that waiting is not something we have to do. Plus, waiting could put us into other issues with USCIS, which I do not want to have happen.

We can discuss other issues in other posts......

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I hope you check this before you spend your money. My wife opted out of the shots as well (she was just scared of needles... :blink), I was Pissed but it worked out in the end. When she got here, she got pregnant and the hospital said she couldn't take the shots. I contemplated going to see a civil surgeon but I couldn't wrap my mind around paying someone $250.00 to say my wife is pregnant and can't take the shots. So I filled out the AOS paperwork, sent in the DS-3025 (I think that is the form listing what shots she needed) and got a letter from the hospital on their letterhead from the Doc stating she will get the shots after delivery. We waited to see if we would get an RFE but got our appointment date for the interview today.

I had made an infopass appointment a few weeks ago to see why the process was taking so long and I asked the Immigrations guy about the shots since I was there. He just laughed and said well we can see she is pregnant so it shouldn't be a problem.

Up to you but I just can't see paying for a useless signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope you check this before you spend your money. My wife opted out of the shots as well (she was just scared of needles... :blink), I was Pissed but it worked out in the end. When she got here, she got pregnant and the hospital said she couldn't take the shots. I contemplated going to see a civil surgeon but I couldn't wrap my mind around paying someone $250.00 to say my wife is pregnant and can't take the shots. So I filled out the AOS paperwork, sent in the DS-3025 (I think that is the form listing what shots she needed) and got a letter from the hospital on their letterhead from the Doc stating she will get the shots after delivery. We waited to see if we would get an RFE but got our appointment date for the interview today.

I had made an infopass appointment a few weeks ago to see why the process was taking so long and I asked the Immigrations guy about the shots since I was there. He just laughed and said well we can see she is pregnant so it shouldn't be a problem.

Up to you but I just can't see paying for a useless signature.

I hope you're aware that you can still get RFE'd at the interview. This has happened before esp for medical stuff. They might make you get the CS to say she get's a waiver, i'd look into one nearby so you can return that RFE (if you get one) quickly.

Timeline

I hope you're aware that you can still get RFE'd at the interview. This has happened before esp for medical stuff. They might make you get the CS to say she get's a waiver, i'd look into one nearby so you can return that RFE (if you get one) quickly.

Thanks for advice and that is in the back of my mind as well, I am totally aware but I would rather Immigrations tell me we need to do that before we waste money. Although 95% of us mean well with our advice it is advice from people not employed by USCIS.

We are going to small field office here so if the folks that work there tell me it's not a problem, I am going to hinge more on what they say. Like I told Darren, totally up to him how he proceeds, just passing on my experience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we have friends and family locally. Believe me, I even shop weekly at a market which has some of her hometown things. But nothing beats mom and dad plus siblings sometimes. 1/3 of her village is family. (just like most villages.) She is doing well and adjusting well, but I can tell she misses family. It has been 7 months since we left. 2 months until baby is born, and would like to make a trip before the year is over.

We would have had her AOS done, but I thought with her being pregnant I could not file until after the baby was born because of vaccinations. Now reading the latest updated form further, I can see, that waiting is not something we have to do. Plus, waiting could put us into other issues with USCIS, which I do not want to have happen.

We can discuss other issues in other posts......

meandering? what? hey - other issues in other posts, prolly best you not bring them to THIS topic. I simply responded to what you've written, here. If it's fluff to you, here, then write it elsewhere. (Or review your prior topics, as I am certain I covered this, prior).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Finished all of AOS forms tonight. tomorrow is the civil surgeon meeting. Getting money order, and dropping envelope into mail. At least, if we get the I-693 filled out tomorrow. Just 11 weeks left. Lots to do, and starting to feel like a lot yet not done.... this week is cleaning carpets.... mowing, and general work.... maybe a couple of donation runs to goodwill... spring cleaning of a major sort. At least the AOS starting means one less item to worry about at this time. But still have lots of work....

Will let you know what civil surgeon says tomorrow.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

met with the civil surgeon.... repeated everything 3 times.... geez... but I know it was for to make sure everything was understood. Took the lab tests we had done, and other items as well. Good idea to see a PCP BEFORE seeing a Civil Surgeon. Get as much done, and blood work by the PCP to take documented evidence to the Civil surgeon.

We can submit the paperwork, but the filing will sit there waiting on the I-693 or be returned for being incomplete and asked to refile when complete.

The OB/gyn has to document she cannot have MMR, and chickenpox shots, Plus document if ob/gyn will allow Tetanus shot and Tb skin test. If the ob/gyn says no to Tb skin test, Chances are the no to Tb test will cause an RFE when processing, or place a hold until Tb skin test can be completed after birth. Have to see how this pans out with the application process.

Ah well, can't file today, but hope to file by end of week. a couple of days does not matter....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

A civil surgeon who doesn't know which vaccinations are contraindicated for pregnancy?

A civil surgeon who wants her to have a TB skin test?

I think you went to the wrong civil surgeon.

Timeline

he knows which are contradicted by pregnancy but wants the ob/gyn to document that the ob/gyn does not want them done. not just him. it is a case of covering himself. This is a case of the fact she is pregnant. so he is following the letter of what he has to do. But also wants to document the ob/gyn did not want him to perform the tests or give vaccinations. He knows the MMR and chickenpox vaccines are contradicted by pregnancy, but he also wants documentation from the ob/gyn as well. His notes will read vaccines contradicted by ob/gyn. patient will get vaccines after birth. but he wants ob/gyn to state same. because she is under ob/gyn care, he cannot just make the statement. The ob/gyn has the primary say. He cannot do anything without ob/gyn permission. nor can he makes the statements without ob/gyn backing him up. for 9 months or under birth of baby, ob/gyn is GOD over all doctors the pregnant mom comes in contact with.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Well, almost done. What a bunch of fun. The st. lukes x-ray tells us nothing. Just an x-ray with not much else. No interpretation. The CS refuses to read the x-ray. Have to find someone else to read and interpret for him. It is obvious her lungs are clear, but he refused to read it.

The tetanus shot was given. The TB test is progressing, get checked tomorrow, and we are done. The ob/gyn wrote a letter to the CS for Gretchen. Tetanus and TB skin test alloowed but nothing, I mena nothing else. No MMR, no chickenpox. It was very specific, and then stated if not covered here contact me for anything else. Nothing is allowed without permission. OB/GYN really do trump doctors. Then the CS asks why blood twice once in February and once in April. I am like so???? She is pregnant right? One was start of coverage to check things, one was to check for diabetes since she is in 3 rd trimester. She is a Filipina, Her Doctor is a Filipina and knows what to watch for in her. There is a lot more to watch in a Filipina because of their "cultural food diet". Then the CS rubs her tummy and asks how the baby is. I was shocked....ummm, he had no reason to touch her.... just have the nurse give her the shots, then off we go.... still pondering yesterday.... can't wait until tomorrow is done. If I get an RFE on the medical exam definitely not going back to this CS. His office does not even impress me. No privacy in the rooms. walls are only 6 foot high, you can hear everything between rooms.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

he knows which are contradicted by pregnancy but wants the ob/gyn to document that the ob/gyn does not want them done. not just him. it is a case of covering himself. This is a case of the fact she is pregnant. so he is following the letter of what he has to do. But also wants to document the ob/gyn did not want him to perform the tests or give vaccinations. He knows the MMR and chickenpox vaccines are contradicted by pregnancy, but he also wants documentation from the ob/gyn as well. His notes will read vaccines contradicted by ob/gyn. patient will get vaccines after birth. but he wants ob/gyn to state same. because she is under ob/gyn care, he cannot just make the statement. The ob/gyn has the primary say. He cannot do anything without ob/gyn permission. nor can he makes the statements without ob/gyn backing him up. for 9 months or under birth of baby, ob/gyn is GOD over all doctors the pregnant mom comes in contact with.

^^^ Nonsense!

Well, almost done. What a bunch of fun. The st. lukes x-ray tells us nothing. Just an x-ray with not much else. No interpretation. The CS refuses to read the x-ray. Have to find someone else to read and interpret for him. It is obvious her lungs are clear, but he refused to read it.

The tetanus shot was given. The TB test is progressing, get checked tomorrow, and we are done. The ob/gyn wrote a letter to the CS for Gretchen. Tetanus and TB skin test alloowed but nothing, I mena nothing else. No MMR, no chickenpox. It was very specific, and then stated if not covered here contact me for anything else. Nothing is allowed without permission. OB/GYN really do trump doctors. Then the CS asks why blood twice once in February and once in April. I am like so???? She is pregnant right? One was start of coverage to check things, one was to check for diabetes since she is in 3 rd trimester. She is a Filipina, Her Doctor is a Filipina and knows what to watch for in her. There is a lot more to watch in a Filipina because of their "cultural food diet". Then the CS rubs her tummy and asks how the baby is. I was shocked....ummm, he had no reason to touch her.... just have the nurse give her the shots, then off we go.... still pondering yesterday.... can't wait until tomorrow is done. If I get an RFE on the medical exam definitely not going back to this CS. His office does not even impress me. No privacy in the rooms. walls are only 6 foot high, you can hear everything between rooms.

^^^ More nonsense!!

Like I said, you went to the wrong civil surgeon.

Timeline

heck, I agree I went to the wrong civil surgeon.... not even arguing that..... can't wait until this is done so I can move on to the next step..... Just can't wait to put this "quack" behind me.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.