67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You should have advised your wife to keep her calm no matter what. Since it's ROC she probably won't get denied, that's just my amateur opinion. Also, Caps Lock is not your friend.

totaly of topic,but WHO THE HECK CARES IF THEY TALK IN CAPS!THEY ARE NOT REALLY YELLING AT YOU!..BUT I AM!..kinda gets me a little upset when people mention the caps thing,let it be,and just answer the question.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Give him a break about CAPS, he feels like his entire life just hit the fan and is worried sick. To the op, find your congressman's phone number and get ready to call if you are denied... you should also start find a good lawyer and be ready to pay if it is a denial because you will want a lawyer in front of a judge. Just take it slow, be rational, and it will all be ok.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I agree with the former poster who mentioned that it is prudent to keep calm and cool during an interview, no matter how hostile you may think the interviewing officer is. If the answers that your wife gave is true and correct, they can ask the same question 10, 100 times, and the answer will always be the same. It's easy to tell the truth.

I wouldn't worry if your marriage is bonafide, there is nothing to hide. It's difficult for the USCIS to prove a marriage fraudulent if it's not. After all, it IS what it IS...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

imo, the IO was trying to sweat the wife, a USC. She lost her cool, and the IO declared the 'meeting' over.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Absolutly darnell!! Thats what happend and today I got the district uscis office director mumber and i did call and complain about the attitude she got drom the holly Keniya officer ! Let me tell u something ! She will line up infront of unemployment office veeery sooon!!!

Call your congressman now and get him involved in your case!

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

I personally understand why IOs are so strink and sometimes bluntly rude. If you get on a foreign immigration forum you'd be shocked to see how many people would do anything to get a green card through marriage. Good luck!

That's no excuse for rudeness, some people just abuse their position of power. If someone is trying to commit fraud, those USCIS officers could still be civilized and just deny that applicant instead of acting like school bullies towards everyone who enters their office.

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

DaniG, I totally get where you're coming from. I was in no way referring to this particular case. I do think it is outragous that two years and two! Interviews later the op does not have a final decision. I edited my previous post right after I posted it because I thought it was inappropriate.

You said they asked you the same ten questions over and over... do you mind explaining a little more as to what they were?

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

I know it's useless to ask "why didn't you do this" and "why didn't you do that" after everything's done. But in your previous topic everyone was telling you to contact your congressman and get a lawyer.

I'm sorry it went along this way for you yesterday.

Guess it's a good and hard learned lesson for everyone else.

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

no no no,,, they didnt ask me anything ,they didint even let me in.thea ask my wife which is american citizen and i was in the waiting room.they didnt talk to me at all.so i gues they were trying to convict my wife for a fragile merrige and didint go very well !!same question asked 10 times and they got same answers all the times !! im so sick of this roc thing and green cards and averything that is related to it!!god bless the illegals!!

That's no excuse for rudeness, some people just abuse their position of power. If someone is trying to commit fraud, those USCIS officers could still be civilized and just deny that applicant instead of acting like school bullies towards everyone who enters their office.

daaa!! te sa gospod

Timeline

Goce, VJ is a great place for you to vent your frustrations, and we're here for you. So keep venting if it makes you feel any better. We'll lend you emotional and moral support as we all stand on common ground.

But I tend to agree with LinaMD, don't lose your cool. There's an old saying..."Don't drink the soup until it's cooked". So perhaps before you go "firing" the USCIS officer, wait and see what happened. If he/she asked the same question 10 times, and got the same answer 10 times, well then she has no inconsistencies to base any fraud on.

In our experience, when my wife and I went to her AOS interview,they did sit us together, but most of the questions were directed at me (I'm the USC sponsor). The 1 question that she asked my wife, my wife answered it wrong! (The question was how old was I when we met). Anyway, our interview could have been perceived by someone else as "hostile", but I saw it as nothing other than "Professional". So there's the matter of perception, it's how you look at it, and from what angle. Of course none of us was there to witness this, but neither were you. So even you might not have seen the interview the same way your wife did.

Now just because the I/O said the interview is over, doesn't mean that you are denied. May be the I/O too, lost her patience, slammed the file shut and thought "OK, what the hay, that's enough, I'll let it pass".

So hang in there Goce, and lets see what happens. We're behind you.

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

By the way Goce. Years ago, I was in the Military (USMC). I had a Military Occupational Specialty where I had to take a written and oral psychological exam, the written portion of which was 1500 questions. And in it they asked the same questions like 15 times, all phrased in different forms. (i.e. question#10-do you like tall women? then question #120-do you think tall women are attractive. etc). The test took so long, that if you lied on question 20, you would not remember it if question 830 was the same question. Anyway, when you answered inconsistently, they would ask you the question again in the oral exam. These regents are designed to seek out the truth and inconsistencies. May be the USCIS employ the same tactics?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.