Andrea&Henry

Im scared! no taxes from 2011, only a W2

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Vj'rs my interview appointment is in about 10 days. We have everything set up, but we are concern about taxes. My fiance and I think we have everything to have an i-134 without sponsorship. He makes 56,000 per year and his accounts are`perfect. But 2010 he was without a job and that year his taxes wasn't that good. The point is that we rather to take a co sponsor (just in case) but when he gave us all the papers he submitted taxes from 2008, 2009 and 2010. He hasn't have his taxes from 2011 (he ask for an extesion until october) so instead he gaveus W2 for 2011 taxes.

Is that ok? I mean he is giving 3 years of taxes and w2 from last year. Or should he be submitting taxes from 2011? I don't know what to do.

Im scared that maybe we do need a sponsor but we don't have his taxes from 2011, and embassy may ask for it and we only have his w2.

Should I be worry?

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Did he provide you with a copy of the request for an extension and the acceptance of said extension for his 2011 income tax return?

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Andrea, I think the W-2 for 2011 is gonna be sufficient.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

Did he provide you with a copy of the request for an extension and the acceptance of said extension for his 2011 income tax return?

No he hasn't, he has a due date to make his taxes on 23 April, and he wants to ask for an extension, cause he is a president of a bank in latin america. He not only have to make his taxes but also corporative so that takes a lot of time. That's why.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No he hasn't, he has a due date to make his taxes on 23 April, and he wants to ask for an extension, cause he is a president of a bank in latin america. He not only have to make his taxes but also corporative so that takes a lot of time. That's why.

Even though the tax deadline isn't until April 17, it has been noted some consulates are asking for 2011 tax information already.

He needs to file for an extension and you should take that proof with you along with the W2.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Vj'rs my interview appointment is in about 10 days. We have everything set up, but we are concern about taxes. My fiance and I think we have everything to have an i-134 without sponsorship. He makes 56,000 per year and his accounts are`perfect. But 2010 he was without a job and that year his taxes wasn't that good. The point is that we rather to take a co sponsor (just in case) but when he gave us all the papers he submitted taxes from 2008, 2009 and 2010. He hasn't have his taxes from 2011 (he ask for an extesion until october) so instead he gaveus W2 for 2011 taxes.

Is that ok? I mean he is giving 3 years of taxes and w2 from last year. Or should he be submitting taxes from 2011? I don't know what to do.

Im scared that maybe we do need a sponsor but we don't have his taxes from 2011, and embassy may ask for it and we only have his w2.

Should I be worry?

As far as I know it isnt required to submit tax info with the 134 but it is done in many cases. At my embassy they request tax info most of the time for example but it isnt required. Check with your embassy

One question would be to find out if the embassy would even allow the use of a co sponsor. Some do, some dont in K 1 cases. Doesnt sound like you need one anway. However I dont understand the meaning of " the point is" sentence. It seems to indicate someone gave you tax info for 3 years.

What may be needed is your fiances' tax transcripts for at least one year. If the most recent year didnt fairly reflect his income then he should supply more years to create an average.

If he is going to submit only tax forms & not transcripts those forms must include all supporting documentation. Submitting a W 2 only will probably result in a request for more info therefore a denial until its submitted. If he is going to get an extension for 2011 it is then correct to supply the extension info.

Contact the IRS by phone, on line or in person to obtain the free transcripts. Get them by fax, mail or in person at any IRS office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

do we really need fiance's tax transcripts even though he is not self-employed?

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

do we really need fiance's tax transcripts even though he is not self-employed?

It helps establish a work history and prove that the intending immigrant will not be a public charge. The more evidence you have of that the better. Some consulates are more strict about it than others. The instructions do not say specifically tax returns unless you are self-employed. They have other examples of what to send to prove income and assets.

When you do file the I-864 for adjustment of status you will have to submit tax returns or transcripts.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If he is president of a bank, then.... I'd think this issue of proof of income should not even be a problem.

What's going on, here?

Why is there even an issue with proving the income here?

What's REALLY going on?

He's president of a bank, and only makes $56K/year?

Something's fishy.

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If he is president of a bank, then.... I'd think this issue of proof of income should not even be a problem.

What's going on, here?

What's REALLY going on?

Something's fishy.

Hmmm. Out of work in 2010. President of a Latin American bank in 2011. Talk about a promotion!

And only $56K of income? No stock options? No bonuses? Must be a really really small bank! I'd hate to see what they pay tellers! :blink:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What is the real story? This is getting interesting.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

What's going on, here?

What's REALLY going on?

Something's fishy.

NOOONOO! YOU got me wrong, my fiance is the one with 56,000 but his taxes from 2010 when he was without a job wasnt good. OOUR CO SPONSOR (the one who's a president of a bank) he doesnt have his taxes fron 2011 so he submitted a w2 ( ourco sponsor is his step dad) there's nothing fishy about it

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Looks like is the petitioner making 56k, and the potential cosponsor president of the bank. Nothing REALLY going on.

BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THANKS!! that's how it is..there´s nothing fishy about it

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Hmmm. Out of work in 2010. President of a Latin American bank in 2011. Talk about a promotion!

And only $56K of income? No stock options? No bonuses? Must be a really really small bank! I'd hate to see what they pay tellers! :blink:

JAJAJAJA NOOOOOOmy fiance is the who makes 56K per year and his step dad our CO SPONSOR is the one who is president of a latin american bank.I don't how much money he makes but I bet it should be a lot. But we're worry cause he has not his taxes from 2011 yet. Only a w2

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.