one...two...tree

Fox News Readers: Trayvon Martin A ‘Little Thug Ghetto Monkey.’

346 posts in this topic

It stands to reason that we're no better off with stand your ground than we were without it. I believe that the gold standard for civilized people is to avoid confrontation that could result in injury or death not seek it. Stand your ground goes against that gold standard.

So what you are saying is that it's not ok to defend yourself when someone physically attacks you while your walking back to your car?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Do you wish to have the state revert back to a standard of one having to retreat, rather than stand your ground and defend yourself?

that particular state has said it was ok for greyston garcia to run down the block after the thief who stole his car stereo and stab him, when the stereo thief swung a bag that had three car radios in it towards garcia. the law is so forgiving, that greyston garcia stabbed the thief that he pursued to death, never called the police, hid the knife he used to kill the thief, grabbed the bag that had two other stolen radios in it along with his, and sold the other two radios. and again, never called the police. when initially questioned, he denied any involvement. lied to the police. when it went to trial, because a bag of radios could be potentially be dangerous to have swung at you, the whole thing was thrown out by the judge, citing the stand your ground law.

there's something weird going on in florida.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Timeline
So what you are saying is that it's not ok to defend yourself when someone physically attacks you while your walking back to your car?

Read what I posted about Mr. Z. The man was paranoid. 28 pages worth of 911 calls in two years? Calling 911 because someone drives w/o the lights on? Because a neighbor left his garage door open? Because a black kid walks down the street? Most people don't rack up that many 911 calls in their lifetime. It's hard to believe that what happened is what you say happened. You might be selling but I sure ain't buying.

Read what I posted about Mr. Z. The man was paranoid. 28 pages worth of 911 calls in two years? Calling 911 because someone drives w/o the lights on? Because a neighbor left his garage door open? Because a black kid walks down the street? Most people don't rack up that many 911 calls in their lifetime. It's hard to believe that what happened is what you say happened. You might be selling but I sure ain't buying.

This is where you missed the basics in regards to the law. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman was the Mad Hatter or if he called Travon every name in the book. What does matter is that Zimmerman was walking back to his car and Travon physically attacked him.

Game, set and match.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Assumes facts not in evidence.

So you are saying that there were no eyewitnesses to what happened? Is that what you are saying?

sigbet.jpg

This is where you missed the basics in regards to the law. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman was the Mad Hatter or if he called Travon every name in the book. What does matter is that Zimmerman was walking back to his car and Travon physically attacked him.

Game, set and match.

You keep saying that and yet, there's no evidence that it's true. But lets say for a second that it was true, then I would say that 'stand your ground' is a law that lets you set-up a confrontation with another person which then results in you killing the other person and not being charged with any crime. With that, we have set-up a framework where I can legally kill virtually anyone I want. All I gotta do is aggravate the other person enough and then shoot first.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

You keep saying that and yet, there's no evidence that it's true. But lets say for a second that it was true, then I would say that 'stand your ground' is a law that lets you set-up a confrontation with another person which then results in you killing the other person and not being charged with any crime, then we have set-up a framework where I can legally kill virtually anyone I want. All I gotta do is aggravate the other person enough and then shoot first.

So Zimmerman didn't have contusions on his face and there were no eye witnesses collaborating his story?

See verbal aggravation counts for zero, but physically attacking someone does, especially when that someone is walking back to their car.

Why didn't the DA prosecute Zimmerman? The DA usually only spends state money when they think they have a case. After the police report along with testimony from an eye witness, the state has about as much chance prosecuting Zimmerman for the murder of Travon Martin as NYC has with prosecuting Micky Mouse for 911.

sigbet.jpg

So Zimmerman didn't have contusions on his face and there were no eye witnesses collaborating his story?

See verbal aggravation counts for zero, but physically attacking someone does, especially when that someone is walking back to their car.

Why didn't the DA prosecute Zimmerman? The DA usually only spends state money when they think they have a case. After the police report along with testimony from an eye witness, the state has about as much chance prosecuting Zimmerman for the murder of Travon Martin as NYC has with prosecuting Micky Mouse for 911.

So we should just get rid of courts and juries and judges. Let people kill each other and don't worry. That might be your ideal place to live but I prefer a more civilized way of living. You should grab your buddy Zimmerman and move to Somalia. They have the perfect world over there for guys like you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It stands to reason that we're no better off with stand your ground than we were without it. I believe that the gold standard for civilized people is to avoid confrontation that could result in injury or death not seek it. Stand your ground goes against that gold standard.

That's pure liberal fantasy land. In the entire history of mankind -- no such uptopia has ever existed. Some people by their very nature and character seek out others to do harm, i.g., rob, theft, rape, assault, etc., AKA - criminals. How on earth are law abiding folks supposed to avoid a confrontation with such evil?

Many years of the old standard of 'retreat first' produced a lot of victims and emboldened those hell bent on causing mayhem. Stand your ground as a concept is still a baby -- the criminals will get the message, eventually.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

So we should just get rid of courts and juries and judges. Let people kill each other and don't worry. That might be your ideal place to live but I prefer a more civilized way of living. You should grab your buddy Zimmerman and move to Somalia. They have the perfect world over there for guys like you.

####### are you talking about? When you physically attack someone you leave yourself open to get killed. The law says you can't physically attack someone.

Say my wife was b*tching at me, so I physically attack her and she shoots me. She is defending herself. Same thing with Zimmerman and Travon. No difference. Words don't kill, but fist can, and so can bullets.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where is this "...more civilized way of living" you speak of? No, what you want to do is go back to the days where folks who defended themselves also had to fear prosecution for doing what comes naturally -- self preservation.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

What I gather from some on here is that it's not ok to defend your life when someone physically attacks you. I learn something new every day on here.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

What I gather from some on here is that it's not ok to defend your life when someone physically attacks you. I learn something new every day on here.

Just not allowed to defend against black if one is white.star_smile.gif