one...two...tree

Fox News Readers: Trayvon Martin A ‘Little Thug Ghetto Monkey.’

346 posts in this topic

How is Sharpton or Jackson relevant to this case? Racist agenda? What the hell does that even mean?

Life has many twist and turns that we just can not predict, anything can happen in a blink of an eye. We just don't know. I honestly hope that no one close to you or yourself have to be judged, sentence and convicted in the media and public opinion before being able to go through a due process. None of us is immune to be in this guy shoes someday, any day. We are all humans and good people also make terrible and unfixable mistakes.

A note aside, I wonder where are they going to find 12 people to conform a jury to take this man to trial who are not already biased and contaminated with the media circus and public opinion. We should not be surprise if and acquittal or a mistrial happen as a result of all this mess.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Sure, I'd like to know the truth. I was not one of those who immediately thought this was racially motivated. If you listen to what those people are saying though (ignoring the media whores out there), they have trouble with the notion that a person minding their own business can be classified as a criminal based on their appearance - whether it's the clothes they wear or the color of their skin. Would I be alarmed if I saw some teenager walking in the dark with a hoodie on? Probably. But I wouldn't go out and confront him without provocation beyond just appearances. If I saw him standing next to my neighbor's car and knowing that it's not his car, that's when I'd call the police and then let them handle it. For one, my neighbor most likely has a car alarm. Secondly, confronting the suspect could lead to all kinds of unpredictable outcomes and there would be no benefit for me to confront him at night, in the dark with no one else around. That would be stupidity. Zimmerman should have stayed in his house, locked his door and peered through the window like a good paranoid person who doesn't want trouble. Gun or no gun, it's stupid to engage a stranger at night unless somebody's life is in eminent danger.

That would be a reasonable and prudent course, and all of the CCW holders I know would agree with you wholeheartedly..... keep your gun out of a fight until all other options have run out. The best way of doing that is to avoid putting yourself (and your firearm, which must be taken into consideration even in a hand-to-hand scuffle) into an unnecessary and unpredicatable situation. But this man was actively monitoring his neighborhood in the wake of several crimes, and ended up in a confrontation with Martin. It is possible that he acted recklessly. I don't see clear evidence of that yet.....it is also possible that he acted fully within the limits of his rights and responsibilities. That too is unclear at this point.

A note aside, I wonder where are they going to find 12 people to conform a jury to take this man to trial who are not already biased and contaminated with the media circus and public opinion. We should not be surprise if and acquittal or a mistrial happen as a result of all this mess.

That's a good point......and Bobby Rush's political grandstanding int the Congress certainly hasn't helped matters.....more racial identity politics.

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Yes, lets focus on how people might be reacting to a case rather than the case itself because that's how we will get to the truth.

Slim, I sense you've got another stereotype brewin in the back of your mind about black people again. Why don't you come out and say it.

What stereotype? There are a million people on facebook, CONGRESSMEN, SENATORS and even our own PRESIDENT who are demanding "justice" in this case yet when HUNDREDS of our citizens are killed every weekend there's not a peep. As a matter of fact, there are many examples in music, movies, and popular culture itself where these same people actively discourage people from working with the police, investigators, prosecutors, etc., because they feel it's "snitching."

Yet, for some reason (and I really, really, REALLY doubt it's "justice") they want someone arrested and sent to trial for an alleged crime.

Ask yourself one question.... why?

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
You have evidence of a causal link between no requirement to retreat legisaltion and increases homicide rates? You seem to imply that you do....

I don't. Haven't made a claim to that effect. Just stated the fact that since 'stand your ground' came into effect, violent crime continued on it's declining trend - a trend that had started seven years earlier and that was not impacted by 'stand your ground' while homicides increased. That's a simple, factual observation. Not sure how you derive from that that I've been implying there is some causal link.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I don't. Haven't made a claim to that effect. Just stated the fact that since 'stand your ground' came into effect, violent crime continued on it's declining trend - a trend that had started seven years earlier and that was not impacted by 'stand your ground' while homicides increased. That's a simple, factual observation. Not sure how you derive from that that I've been implying there is some causal link.

Saying:

"Because since 'stand your ground' took effect, homicides have gone up while violent crime overall has gone down. Homicides were on a declining path along with other violent crimes up until 'stand your ground' became law. How are more homicides a good thing?"

Certainly implies that you feel there is a relationship between stang your ground and increased homicide.

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

When does the deceased child get his day in court? Mr. Zimmerman hunted him down and shot him with a weapon he should not have been carrying as a member of a neighborhood watch. How is that self-defense?

Really?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Wonder why those two Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are not marching, protesting, yelling about these crimes commited in last hours? Oh I know it doesn't fit in their racist agenda. Those two are just despicable.

16-year-old boy shot to death on South Side street

2 girls shot in their East Chicago home

3 men fatally shot on South Side

Violence in Chicago leaves 3 injured, one dead in shootings, stabbings

You're being very polite -- those two clowns are beyond despicable. Stronger adjectives come to mind where those two moonbats are concerned -- but "despicable" keeps us within the TOS.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Certainly implies that you feel there is a relationship between stang your ground and increased homicide.

it's quite a distance between how I feel about this ####### piece of law and the causal relationship that you suggest is to be read into my standment.

Timeline

it's quite a distance between how I feel about this ####### piece of law and the causal relationship that you suggest is to be read into my standment.

Do you wish to have the state revert back to a standard of one having to retreat, rather than stand your ground and defend yourself?

Do you wish to have the state revert back to a standard of one having to retreat, rather than stand your ground and defend yourself?

Discretion is always the better part of valor. Intelligent people know that. Stubborn, less intelligent people stand their ground over trivial matters.

greyston garcia, sujaye henry, nour burkas...

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/03/stand-your-ground-and-vigilante-justice/254900/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/28/miami-judge-rules-in-stan_n_1385219.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/24/2710297/stand-your-ground-law-had-a-sad.html

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

It stands to reason that we're no better off with stand your ground than we were without it. I believe that the gold standard for civilized people is to avoid confrontation that could result in injury or death not seek it. Stand your ground goes against that gold standard.