WeatherEmperor

Bad News

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As happy as I was last week, I am equally sad this week. Thu was feeling feverish this week so I told her to take a few days to rest up. She told me she got sick from a mosquito bite. Getting sick from mosquito bites in a steamy tropical country is usually bad. I was born in a South American tropical country kinda like Vietnam so I know these things are never good. I just found out that Thu has been diagnosed with sốt xuất huyết...aka dengue :(

I can't talk to any of her family members to find out what is going on with my fiancee because none of them speak any English and I cannot speak VN. I don't know how severe it is. I don't know her condition. I don't know anything! What I do know is that dengue "can" be reaaaaaal bad news if the symptoms are severe enough. I get a random text message from her from her hospital bed but nobody answers my phone calls... I feel so helpless right now. I cannot do anything to help my fiancee and that really hurts my ego right now. It feels like Life is throwing us one final curve ball to make our lives more difficult. From my family going apesh&t about me going to Vietnam out of fear I will get killed by terrorists, to having our relationship nearly destroyed by Thu's ex, to being stuck at USCIS for nearly 6 months and finally dealing with AP for 8 months...I knew it was too good to be true when Thu got the Pink last week. In my mind I was like 'this can't be true. There has to be something else that will f&ck our plans up'. Truth be told...it came in the form of dengue. I swear, John Grisham could not have written a better script than this. It is totally beyond belief how wrong everything is going.

I don't want lots of money. I don't want any fancy cars. I just want to live with my Thu. Maybe I am expecting too much out of life... :(

Edited by WeatherEmperor

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((WeatherEmperor))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry that you and Thu are having to go through this right now. At least she is in hospital and you are receiving text messages so you know she is in the best place to receive treatment. I can appreciate how horribly frustrated and worried you must be. Is there any way you can travel to see her and be with her right now? This one last hurdle is all you have before she gets here, so perhaps this is the time to go over, be her strength while she recovers and then accompany her back 'home'.

Some airlines do give compassionate consideration for family members who are ill and hospitalized. You could perhaps try and see what you can arrange.

Good luck to the two of you. I hope Thu has a quick and uneventful recovery and the two of you will be happily re-united soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm very sorry for this situation :( Wishing things were better for you two and that Thu can recover from this situation very soon... Sometimes, life creates many obstacles, life tests our strength. I know you two will overcome from this very soon.

Good luck!!!

Teddy and Pika

26, November 2009: Teddy meet me in Peru for the 1st time!!
04, April 2010: Our Engagement ♥♥
16, March 2011: We got Married!!! :) :)

27, May 2011: I-130 Sent
31, May 2011: I-130 NOA1
13, September 2011: I-130 APPROVED!!
06, October 2011: NVC Received package
23, October 2011: NVC send Instruction Package
29, November 2011: Case completed at NVC
02, January 2012: Medical Test
11, January 2012: Interview date - APPROVED!!! YAY!!!!! :) :) :)
14, January 2012: VISA in hand!!! YAYYYYY!!!
11, March 2012: My Teddy picks me up!!
14, March 2012: Date of travel to USA!!! Finally with my Teddy ♥♥♥♥
10, April 2012: Social Security Card Received yay!!
13, April 2012: Welcome Letter Received :) :)
17, April 2012: Green Card Received :) :) :) :)

18, June 2012: I'm 7 weeks pregnant!!! and we saw our TeddyPika baby on
the ultrasound for the 1st time!!!! :)♥♥ Yay!!
16, July 2012: We bought my car!!! yay!! :) :)
13, August 2012: 14 Weeks pregnant and the wonderful ultrasound! It's a baby boy!
16, August 2012: Got my Florida Driver License!! Finally! :) :)
24, July 2014: Green Card conditions done!!!! No interview needed!! Yay! :dancing:

09, September 2014: 10 weeks pregnant! Baby #2 is on the way!!! (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

She will be fine, I come from Vnezuela and I had dengue twice. Here is very very common. It's awful but she will be perfect. Tell her to drink A LOT coconut water.Don't worry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She will be fine, I come from Vnezuela and I had dengue twice. Here is very very common. It's awful but she will be perfect. Tell her to drink A LOT coconut water.Don't worry

Hello.

I am from Suriname. It is always good to see a fellow South American :)

Thank you for your support. I will do everything I can to stay positive. I hope Thu's dengue fever is not serious. Too many times in Suriname have I seen dengue cases turn fatal...but the majority of cases are not bad at all. Thanks again!

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! sorry to hear about your Fiancee in Vietnam. Never lose HOPE ! God is good always. Cry out to God for mercy and I'm sure everything will be Ok. Dengue is sometimes fatal, if not given the right care and medication. Tell her to take plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Yes, I heard coconut water is very good. In fact there is an on-going research on this. If you have resources, why not visit her ? :) I'm sure it will inspire her. Again, keep up your spirit ! Keep praying and trusting God -- sure, He will bring the two of you together soon. God bless !

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm from the tropics, it's very common, very few people die of this. Tell her to not take any aspirin for any reason whatsoever. It's just a really horrible cold, kinda. She'll feel bad for a while but be okay in no time.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow that was a close call. Now deal with uscis and get this done.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.