pinkpoka

Has anyone been denied for being illegally present in USA previously?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our countdown is exactly 1 week from today for the interview. I'm nervous because I met my fiance in the USA and he was illegally present. He never came with a visa either. Hoping it's not too big of an issue because he was not deported and left on his own free will. But he did work while in the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

People are denied daily and told to get a waiver for their ban.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So basically it was pointless for filing because he automatically gets a ban?

No, he will just need a waiver letter from you asking the remove the ban. I would search around these forums for examples of such waiver request letters and get one sent for his interview.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If they were illegally present for more than 6 months, then they will have an automatic ban. You will need an I-601 hardship waiver to overcome it. This forum has more info for your specific needs: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?6-I-601-Mexico

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Is the ban already put on before the packet gets to Juarez or is it put on at Juarez?

The ban is triggered when they leave the US.

Timeline

My fiance didn't come on a visa and upon his return they didn't take down his information when crossing into Mexico by bus because I was with him. Keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get the ban. Thank you for the site, I just signed up.

He will need to disclose his illegal entry. If he lies about it he will be banned for life for lying. If he was under 18 it won't count.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Okay perfect, we do plan on telling the truth. That is why he returned in the first place so we could do everything the 'correct' way. Otherwise it would be easier to just stay in the United States but we wanted to listen to the rules :innocent: . Hopefully it doesn't hurt us in the long run.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay perfect, we do plan on telling the truth. That is why he returned in the first place so we could do everything the 'correct' way. Otherwise it would be easier to just stay in the United States but we wanted to listen to the rules :innocent: . Hopefully it doesn't hurt us in the long run.

it seems like they never knew he was residing in the states and that he left undetected..so basically offer information thats asked at interview is what i read through these forums!1 i could be wrong but lets see what others have to say

Goodluck on your journey

it seems like they never knew he was residing in the states and that he left undetected..so basically offer information thats asked at interview is what i read through these forums!1 i could be wrong but lets see what others have to say

Goodluck on your journey

How would they not know,unless he lied on the application.

Question on application: list ALL address that you have lived at. If he lied and did not list his US address, then he would be committing FRAUD.

He did live in the US at an address ,because the OP stated in her first post that he worked illegally in the US. What she didn't state was how long he worked.

Goodluck on your journey

So your recommending to commit immigration fraud by omitting information using "Dont Ask, Dont Tell"?

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Goodluck on your journey

No, no, noooooo. The forms ask if you have ever been illegally present in the US. You cannot lie on the form and check No. The interviewers at Juarez will ask you if you have ever been in the US illegally too. You must answer truthfully or risk a permanent ban with no hope of a waiver saving you.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.