12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

OK folks I am soo confused so please help. I am ready to file my AOS for my wife, we were married December 1, 2011 and now its time to file but I can't seem to get my ducks in a row. So far I have the following forms filled out:

I-485

I-94 card w/passport pics

marriage certificate

Applicants birth certificate

Cope of K1 VISA

copy of social security card

I-797 approval notice

I-864 affidavit of support, plus bank statements, tax returns for the last 3 years, and pay stubs.

I-765

I-325A

Im trying to fill out the I-131 w/supplemental worksheet but I am not sure how to fill it out since she might need to leave the US around September timeframe since I am leaving to Aghanistan for work for a few months. NEED HELP with this portion.

What I don't understand is the DS-3025 and the I-693, when we entered the US, the immigration officer took the selaed envelop and never returned it, so we do not have any type of medical information. She entered the US September 21, 2011. So do we still need to fill out the I-693 form. Im pretty desperate so I am willing to have someone call me on my cell for help can anyone help?

Also what is the actual fee I need to send since I am sending the advance parole and the I-485 and what address should I send it to. PLEASE HELP..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also what is the actual fee I need to send since I am sending the advance parole and the I-485 and what address should I send it to. PLEASE HELP..

The fee is $1070. Check the USCIS website and you will find it listed there. You can also find the address to mail it to listed in the instructions on the USCIS website. Always read the instructions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What I don't understand is the DS-3025 and the I-693, when we entered the US, the immigration officer took the selaed envelop and never returned it, so we do not have any type of medical information. She entered the US September 21, 2011. So do we still need to fill out the I-693 form. Im pretty desperate so I am willing to have someone call me on my cell for help can anyone help?

was she not given the DS-3025/vaccination worksheet at the medical??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Check this tips out. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307-applying-for-aos-in-the-usa/

It has definitely helped us to fill out the forms. you can also Google form samples.

Timeline

Also, the authorized doctors are oriented to give the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 ( the vaccination board) since you will be asked to send it again during the adjustment of status. The I 693 has to be filled only if you don't have your vaccination board, if you're missing obligated shots, or if your exams have expired (they're valid for 12 months)

See what the VJ AOS step-by-step says: "11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy). "

Timeline

She was given everything in a sealed envelope which was turned in when she entered the US to the immigration officer.

Check this tips out. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307-applying-for-aos-in-the-usa/

It has definitely helped us to fill out the forms. you can also Google form samples.

The forms are not the problem, but I am confused on the medical portion since she turned in everything to immigration officer once she entered.

Timeline

Also, the authorized doctors are oriented to give the applicant a copy of the DS-3025 ( the vaccination board) since you will be asked to send it again during the adjustment of status. The I 693 has to be filled only if you don't have your vaccination board, if you're missing obligated shots, or if your exams have expired (they're valid for 12 months)

See what the VJ AOS step-by-step says: "11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy). "

So we are filing within a year of her medical exam so can we file the AOS without the I-693??

Timeline

She did all her medical paperwork in country (Panama) and all her results were given to her in a sealed envelop but no copies were provided. As we entered the US, the immigration officer simply took the sealed envelope and opened it and went thru the paperwork but NEVER returned it to us. So am I to assume that the medical information was already forwarded to the UCIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She did all her medical paperwork in country (Panama) and all her results were given to her in a sealed envelop but no copies were provided. As we entered the US, the immigration officer simply took the sealed envelope and opened it and went thru the paperwork but NEVER returned it to us. So am I to assume that the medical information was already forwarded to the UCIS?

Do you know if she had all the required vaccinations at the time of her medical? If she did, then you could include a statement stating the date she had her medical and that she had all the required vaccinations at that time and that the copies of her medical and vaccination worksheet should already be there in her file.

If she did not have all the vaccinations, or you do not know if she did, then you will most likely need to find a civil surgeon. You do not need a whole new medical, just the vaccinations filled out by the CS on an I-693. She will need to receive any missing shots. If she has vaccination records, bring those with you to show the CS.

Required is at least one MMR, one Tdap/TD, varicella or marked with VH meaning she had the chickenpox already, and a flu shot, if the medical was between Oct. and Mar.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

We are oriented to send a copy of the DS 3025. It should have been given to her with the sealed envelope.

1 - Check this out:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/101202-faqs-forms-i-693-and-ds-3025/

"Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693."

I found a post of another VJ member in the same situation as you.http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/210890-ds-3025-i-dont-have-one/

What I could understand and from my personal experience, you are supposed to send a copy of the DS3025. Since you guys don't have it and following the examples of others who also didn't receive it from their doctors, you could include a letter explaining that to the USCIS and see if they will send you a RFE or not.

If it happens you will have to look for an authorized Civil Surgeon in your city and fill out the I693. you have to be able to prove that she took all the vaccinations, otherwise she will have to take them again. ( My personal friend had to do that since USCIS lost his board vaccination copy )

Hope it helps, good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/ has the document list.

the I-131 doesn't need a supplement page because you're filing based on AOS.

If she's missing shots she needs to see a CS to get the missing shots and have the DS-3025 transcribed.. the problem arises because you don't have a copy of the DS-3025 so you would either need to: 1. Contact the doc she went to in her home country to see if he kept a copy (mine did but many others don't) 2. See a regular doctor to get a blood titer to check immunities or 3. get all the shots again. If she's pretty sure she's got all the shots required you can just try sending a letter/note stating the medical was in the A file handed over at POE. If she gets an RFE you'll have to decide what to do then.

Price is $1070. Address is chicago (address in the instructions and also in the thread I linked above)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.