amyandjorge

Second Wedding?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Anyone have thoughts on how to have a wedding ceremony after marriage?

We are already married (1 1/2 years), but it was just a town hall type of thing with little family (his not mine). Has anyone tried incorporating religion into a second marriage (Christian)? I want to get together with as many of our close friends and family as possible and celebrate because well this is our first (and hopefully last!) marriage. I think I can still pull off a white dress (probably a shorter one), but I can't really see myself walking down the aisle to meet my already husband. It would probably more of a informal ceremony and reception than wedding and reception. I am thinking we should have a ceremony on our anniversary, to avoid any confusion later on. I have tried looking up ideas on the internet and haven't really found what I am looking for, I am thinking someone on VJ has done this though.

Also we are really hoping to get visas for his parents (if not brother and sister as well). How soon do we need to send them an invitation?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

really, no suggestions?

I'm a a single man, so the word marriage scares the ####### out of me. I'm sure one of the wonderful ladies of VJ will offer you some great advice. Where"s Kathryn or the Penguin when you need them?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

really, no suggestions?

I would wait until you get Visa's for the parents, brothers and sisters. Theres no hurry.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I reckon most of these posts aren't responded to that much. Most VJ members end up getting married however it's not really related to immigration. Try searching for wedding forums or ceremony/renewing vows maybe? :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh, there are a bunch of threads on this, si man! Trouble is, I can't remember which forum they're in, no man (perhaps this one?). We had a wedding party after the official marriage. It was hosted by some cousins and it was very nice, si man.

On the pessimistic side, don't be surprised one bit if the parents, bro, and sis are refused visas, no man. This often happens the first time, sigh man. If they haven't traveled out of Honduras yet, they should go to a neighboring country that will stamp their passports. For some reason, this seems to score points with the local consulate. Also, don't be surprised if, on their attempt to procure visitors' visas, they're given a 2-minute interview and are dismissed rather rudely. I've never been as ashamed of my country as I was when this happened to Mrs. T-B.'s family the first time, no man. Fortunately, subsequent attempts were successful, si man.

---

Edited to add: I've PM'd Kathryn for help in referring you to the (as I dimly recall) lengthy threads on this topic, although Pinguina (Penguin) may come along earlier in the morning, yawn man. Whoever comes along to help will be a hero or a heroine, si man and si ma'am.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, there are a bunch of threads on this, si man! Trouble is, I can't remember which forum they're in, no man (perhaps this one?). We had a wedding party after the official marriage. It was hosted by some cousins and it was very nice, si man.

On the pessimistic side, don't be surprised one bit if the parents, bro, and sis are refused visas, no man. This often happens the first time, sigh man. If they haven't traveled out of Honduras yet, they should go to a neighboring country that will stamp their passports. For some reason, this seems to score points with the local consulate. Also, don't be surprised if, on their attempt to procure visitors' visas, they're given a 2-minute interview and are dismissed rather rudely. I've never been as ashamed of my country as I was when this happened to Mrs. T-B.'s family the first time, no man. Fortunately, subsequent attempts were successful, si man.

---

Edited to add: I've PM'd Kathryn for help in referring you to the (as I dimly recall) lengthy threads on this topic, although Pinguina (Penguin) may come along earlier in the morning, yawn man. Whoever comes along to help will be a hero or a heroine, si man and si ma'am.

No bones about it, you the MAN, Si, Senor.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

On the pessimistic side, don't be surprised one bit if the parents, bro, and sis are refused visas, no man. This often happens the first time, sigh man.

Ok thanks, I got my hopes up when I saw the US tourist visa approval percentages for Honduras (another thread on VJ I believe), but honestly, they had their chance to celebrate in Honduras. If they don't get visas on the first try, they can just try again. However, it is a big deal for my family...

I guess this is more of a personal decision based on particular circumstance.

Timeline

We had a large wedding last year (Pics in my photos) after being married about a year and a half from a civil wedding to satisfy the K1 visa requirement. My wife is Catholic and it took the church a long time to approve as I was not a Catholic. Since her family are big time Catholics they understood and many came to the wedding. So we had a small civil wedding and the big formal wedding last year. I have asked my wife which day we celebrate and she told me she expected the big official church wedding.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

---

I don't recall any off hand, but I did an advance search using keywords from the OP's post. This is the most likely thread out of the ones that came up. Hopefully it will help - it is from a regional forum (UK) which is where I suspect most of the threads that discuss this topic are to be found:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/237258-wedding-planning-from-the-uk-chat/page__p__3636510__hl__second+wedding+religious+informal+reception+plans__fromsearch__1#entry3636510

hope this helps.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!