aussiewench

VJ RECIPES

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My hubby wants me to make Chili Spagehetti.... He said he really likes it from Big Boy's....

I have tried to find a recipe but some of them call for cinnamon and cocoa, not sure how that will taste... I have made sgetti sauce with cinnamon before and hubby didn't like it :no:

Does anybody have a good recipe for chili sgetti?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hubby wants me to make Chili Spagehetti.... He said he really likes it from Big Boy's....

I have tried to find a recipe but some of them call for cinnamon and cocoa, not sure how that will taste... I have made sgetti sauce with cinnamon before and hubby didn't like it :no:

Saute 1 onion, plus 1 cluster of garlic (chopped-up). Add these and (1 packet) chili seasoning to 2 cans tomato paste + 2 cans water (or 1 can tomato puree), add in two cups (dry measure) of cooked beans and ground meat to taste, bring to boil, simmer for half hour.

Now put that over al-dente spaghetti.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Oooh I wish I could get that other link to work.

I need some ideas for a ('nother) potluck at work.

It's a soup and sandwich themed one, this time.

It looks like it may be lost forever via the link. I do have it all saved in a pdf document. I just have to get my a$$ into gear and finishing getting it all formatted properly so can ask the Capt'n to pin it somewhere.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It looks like it may be lost forever via the link. I do have it all saved in a pdf document. I just have to get my a$$ into gear and finishing getting it all formatted properly so can ask the Capt'n to pin it somewhere.

are we talking heavy lifting here? :whistle:

*runs hella fast*

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Timeline

Saute 1 onion, plus 1 cluster of garlic (chopped-up). Add these and (1 packet) chili seasoning to 2 cans tomato paste + 2 cans water (or 1 can tomato puree), add in two cups (dry measure) of cooked beans and ground meat to taste, bring to boil, simmer for half hour.

can I leave out the beans? I don't have any...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

do you add the ground meat raw??

mvSuprise-hug.gif

are we talking heavy lifting here? :whistle:

*runs hella fast*

Daniel

:energetic:

hahaha I had enuf of my a$$ being on show in VJ as a result of twister :bonk:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
do you add the ground meat raw??

well, I ended up kind of mixing and matching from different recipes I found....

I sauteed some onion, garlic and green pepper, then I added the ground beef and just browned it lightly.... Then I added a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, 1 small can of tomato paste, plus a can of water, 1 bay leaf, a tsp of vinegar, 1 tsp of worcheshire sauce, some chili powder, some cumin powder, salt and pepper and a pinch of sweet paprika..... .. I brought that all to a boil and then I dumped it all in the crock-pot where I will let it simmer for about 8 hours... we will see how it comes out....

I know a really easy soup...

take one can of Campbells condensed tomato soup, add one can of milk, one cup of cheddar cheese and add basil and oregano to taste.... Simmer until warmed through and cheese is melted....

Not sure if that is the kind of thing you are looking for but it sure is yummy :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have only Thai food recipe :unsure: would that count in here?

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

YEY Thanks.. I love Thai food too ahahahah :lol:

I have several in mind right now... but last night i made some pork cake (or shrimp cake if u go to Thai restuarant.. can use both pork or shrimp) and a so call 'american fried rice' which is actually normall fried rice with katchup (easier for anybody who dont really like oriental food ;p )

here goes...

For pork cake (or Shrimp cake)

1 to 1 and a half pound of ground pork (or ground shrimp )

2-3 table spoon (or half a can) of red curry (can find it in asian market)

1 egg

green been (slice to small pieces.. about the same size as corn) and corn (i use frozen corn ;p ).. um... half a cup each

then you need Kiffer lime leafs.. mince in a small pieces.. like 1-2 tea spoon... it's kinda difficult to find.. normally it sell frozen.. i have a whole tree in my greenhouse so i just have it fresh :whistle: it can also easily find if u ask a thai waitress at thai restuarant.. lol.. almost every Thai house have this tree (i havnt been to one that dont have.. but need to be somebody who live int he US for a long time now)

then put everything together and stir... until mix well.. put some fish sauce and sugar in it.. i normally put about 1 tea spoon of sugar and 1 table spoon of fish sauce (never measure really though) if the mixure is still wet.. put a table spoon of all purpose flower(sp?) in it...

heat up oil.. lots of oil.. or deep fryer... make it in to a small ball that will be easy to cook (flat is good) and just put in to fry when the oil is hot..... until cook.. YUMM!! Bram loves it so much it's my new favoirite thing to make :D

American Fried Rice

bacon in small pieces, sliced pork (or grounded) onion, corn, carot (make it small pieces) (pees if you like) jasmin rice (cooked - old rice (like 1 day old) is better than new cooked rice) and ketchup - all ingredient portion are up to you)

in a pan - put bacon in first.. till cook.. i dont like it too cook though.. then onion and carot at the same time... stir often until it seems cook - put pork in and then corn... stir until it cook (if need - put some butter in).... normally i would put a little soy sauce in... then when all these cooked.. put rice in follow by ketchup and stir to mix until it evenly mix then taste it.. i also normally put a bit more soy sauce in

you can also put egg in it if you like....

in Thailand American fried rice serve with fried chicken, fried egg and fried sausage ;) all the fried stuff lol

those two are on top of my head right now..

will be back with some Tom Yum or other Thai specialty :luv:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

I took out some beef tip round steak today and I found this marinade I have never tried before.... it sure smelled good after I mixed it all together :thumbs: ....

1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

1 cup Italian-style salad dressing

2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning

1 cup barbecue sauce

I did add a bit of chili sauce that I had but then I cut back on the BBQ sauce...

I am going to let it marinade for 6 to 8 hours... I hope this is long enough...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This thread should be pinned, so it doesn't get lost.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY