aussiewench

VJ RECIPES

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My mom used to make this recipe... it is super simple and really yummy... I am trying the recipe in the Crockpot today, I will see how it goes...

Chicken Hurry

2 1/2 - 3 pounds chicken parts (drums, etc..) I like to use skinless chicken...

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup water

1/4 brown sugar

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Arrange chicken in a small roaster or casserole dish. In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Spoon sauce over chicken. Bake covered at 350 degrees for about an hour or so or until chicken is cooked...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok, I´ve spent the last 30 min or so adding a few of the recipes to my cookbook (manually, as I like it this way, I loose recipes I print :P). Now I am ready to add my own. :D

Piamontese Rice

- 3 cups of rice (washed to get a bit of starch out, and drained).

- 1 liter beef broth (when without I use knorr cubes and microwave them with one liter of water till the cubes melt away).

- 1 can of sliced mushrooms (the ones that comes with the water).

- 1 cup dry white wine (remember, you cook with the whine you drink ;)).

- 1 large fine chopped onion (I usually pass my onions in the grater, so they´re really really chopped, and it goes faster than chopping).

- 2 cloves of garlic fine chopped, or squeezed through the garlic squeezer.

- 200 g of margerine (around 2 tablespoons).

- grated parmesan cheese (to taste, I use about a cup).

- 1 can sour cream.

- salt and pepper to taste.

In big pot, brown the garlic and onion with half of the margerine, add the rice and stir until rice starts stickying to the pan. Add the wine, the water of the mushroom can, and cook in low heat till it dries. Add the beef broth until it covers the rice, season with salt and pepper and cook in low heat until rice is cooked. Add the mushrooms, the rest of the butter, the sour cream and the cheese. Turn the stove off and stir.

This dish is served hot (or it could get sticky and gooey) and goes marvelous with sirloin steaks fried in butter.

Serve a good white wine and voilá. Yummy, and makes for a fancy dinner. ;)

This sounds really good I think I will try to make it sometime.

I make a grilled veggie salsa that everyone practically licks out of the bowl. I started doing this a few years ago when I ran out of things to do with all the veggies in my garden. There is really no recipe just grill tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers, and however many jalapenos you want depending on how hot you want it to be. Season all the veggies to grill with salt and pepper and oil them a bit. Pop all of it into a blender after grilling. Add a little sugar and then salt & pepper to taste.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I made these awhile back.. they are really good.. my hubby loved them.... he even ate them cold...

Yorkshire Pudding

1 cup milk

3 tablespoons melted butter

3 eggs

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

Pam cooking spray

1. Pre-heat oven to 375.

2. Heat a clean, ungreased, empty muffin-pan in the oven while you mix together the milk, melted butter, eggs, flour, and salt. This dough should be thin/runny.

3. When ingredients are mixed together, let batter rest for about an hour at room temperature... Heat a clean, ungreased, empty muffin-pan in the oven, while batter is resting... The pan needs to be really hot...

4. Once batter has rested remove your muffin-pan from the oven, and spray each cup with Pam cooking spray (This step removes the messy'beef-fat method' used in traditional Yorkshire Puddings, and your Yorkshire Puddings will not spill the beef fat over into your oven as they puff up).

5. Once the pan is sprayed, fill each muffin-cup only 2/3 full of the Yorkshire pudding mixture, (they REALLY puff up).

6. Bake in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until golden in colour and puffed up. (avoid peeking before the time is up).

7. Serve while still warm, best served with beef gravy.

8. These form a hollow centre as they bake.

9. These shrink as they cool, so enjoy them while still warm.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Old-Fashioned Tomato Salad

by Nigella Lawson

Ingredients

1/4 teaspoon reconstituted English mustard or pinch mustard powder

1 heaping tablespoon pasta or all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon granulated sugar

Salt and black pepper

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk

1 egg, beaten

4 tablespoons tarragon vinegar

1 tablespoon sunflower oil

18 ounces good cherry tomatoes, halved

Chives or green parts of scallions

Method

1. Half fill a sink with cold water.

2. Combine the mustard, flour and sugar, with about a teaspoon of salt and a good grinding of pepper, in a heavy-based saucepan. Add a little of the milk and stir to mix to a smooth paste, then put on a gentle heat and keep adding the milk, and stirring as you do so. I find my immersion blender the best thing to banish lumpiness here, but it's not a difficult operation whatever you use.

3. When all the milk's in, add the beaten egg and vinegar and keep on whisking until it's beginning to thicken. When the mixture's got the texture of light cream, whisk in the oil then plunge the pan in the sink of cold water and continue whisking for a while.

4. When it's cool (you can pour into a bowl then put the bowl over ice if you want speedy cooling), cut the tomatoes in half and arrange on one huge plate or two fairly large ones. Drizzle a few spoonfuls over then add some chopped scallions or chives. Unexpected heaven.

drinkblink14.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

this is yummy.... we usually wrap them in foil and do them on the BBQ but I have also layered them in a casserole dish and baked in the oven....

Two Potato Packet

2 medium sweet potatoes

4 small red potatoes, thinly sliced

1 medium sized onion, chopped

2 tablespoons margarine or butter, cut into small pieces

4 small sprigs of fresh rosemary, basil or oregano (I have used dried too, works just as good)

Salt

Pepper

1/2 cup shredded smoked provolone or Gouda cheese (I have used mozzarella cheese and it works too)

Fold four 24x18 inch pieces of aluminum foil in half to make 18x12 inch rectangles. Divide sweet potatoes and red potatoes among the foil rectangles, alternating and overlapping the slices. Top with onion, margarine, herbs, slat and pepper.

Bring up opposite edges of the foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.

Grill on BBQ until potatoes are tender. Remove packets from grill. Open packets and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Wow theres some really good stuff here!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

• 1 month later...

This is great when your busy. Slow cooker needed.

In the morning put two skinless chicken breasts and two cans of cream of celery on top and a little bit of milk.

Thats it, and oh my god! I hate cream of celery soup but with this it is Delicsioso.

You can pretty much do anything to this! add onion, potatoes,garlic,ham, swiss cheese its all good.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

so I managed to save all the recipes from the old VJ site before it went down and just recently I have finally gotten around to organizing them...

my only problem is that I am not sure how to organize them....

so far I have a Sweets section but there are a lot of recipes in that section so I might divide it up, then I have a meat section but I am not sure if I should divide that up too and a salad section, I am not sure if I should add the dips and soups to that section or make them seperate sections....

then I have a lot of vegetable recipes and a lot of vegetarian recipes, should I put them together?...

does anybody have any ideas how to section the recipes?? :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
so I managed to save all the recipes from the old VJ site before it went down and just recently I have finally gotten around to organizing them...

my only problem is that I am not sure how to organize them....

so far I have a Sweets section but there are a lot of recipes in that section so I might divide it up, then I have a meat section but I am not sure if I should divide that up too and a salad section, I am not sure if I should add the dips and soups to that section or make them seperate sections....

then I have a lot of vegetable recipes and a lot of vegetarian recipes, should I put them together?...

does anybody have any ideas how to section the recipes?? :unsure:

Where will you be organizing them? Are you looking to have it published as a book or ebook? Or are you thinking more of like a database? If it's a database, you can prolly use tags that way that roast potato recipe can be listed under vegetarian, potato and vegetables.

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's how I have my recipe files divided up (the loose recipes that I get from magazines, etc....one of these days I will put them in a binder! :whistle: )

appetizers and snacks

salads and dressings

soups

sandwiches

pizza

beef

pork & other meats

poultry

fish

pasta

potatoes

vegetables

grains

breads and muffins

cookies and bars

pies, cakes, tarts

desserts

breakfast and brunch

beverages

then I have a miscellaneous file, for things like jams etc

hope that helps :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Here's how I have my recipe files divided up (the loose recipes that I get from magazines, etc....one of these days I will put them in a binder! :whistle: )

appetizers and snacks

salads and dressings

soups

sandwiches

pizza

beef

pork & other meats

poultry

fish

pasta

potatoes

vegetables

grains

breads and muffins

cookies and bars

pies, cakes, tarts

desserts

breakfast and brunch

beverages

then I have a miscellaneous file, for things like jams etc

hope that helps :)

thanks that helps ... :thumbs:

hopefully I can get the recipes together this week...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

This is a recipe for my favorite cookies that my grandmother makes. They come out soft and cake-like in texture.

Chocolate Mounds

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

½ cup cocoa

½ cup shortening

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

½ tsp vanilla

1 cup sour milk

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa in a large bowl. Cream together shortening and sugar in a small bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients with the sour milk and shortening mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

To sour milk: Add vinegar to the milk (just a little at a time) until it starts to clot up a bit. Don't add too much at once because if you get too much vinegar, the cookies will come out tasting funky.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions