11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear Fellow VJers,

I am in the process of completing all necessary documents to file for AOS, EAD and AP. i have few questions regarding AP though. I do not intend to leave this country without GC but if in case of family emergency back at home, i would like to be able to leave when the need arises. So my husband and i decided that it's best to apply for AP(and since it's already included in the $1070 we have to pay). However, in AP's page 2, it's asking for "intended departure and expected length of trip and purpose of said trip/proposed travel." Can anybody please tell me what's the best thing to write in these spaces, please. I honestly do not know what to write since we currently don't have any family emergency or no reason right now for me to want to travel. Like i said, we would like to do this AP thing just in case i will need it the future (before GC).

Please, we would really appreciate your help/replies. Thanks so much in advance!

Chie M.

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am in the process of completing all necessary documents to file for AOS, EAD and AP. i have few questions regarding AP though. I do not intend to leave this country without GC but if in case of family emergency back at home, i would like to be able to leave when the need arises. So my husband and i decided that it's best to apply for AP(and since it's already included in the $1070 we have to pay).

1. in AP's page 2, it's asking for "intended departure and expected length of trip and purpose of said trip/proposed travel." Can anybody please tell me what's the best thing to write in these spaces, please. I honestly do not know what to write since we currently don't have any family emergency or no reason right now for me to want to travel. Like i said, we would like to do this AP thing just in case i will need it the future (before GC).

1. Unknown and unknown is fine.

Timeline

Thank you so much!

This topic was split from an unrelated topic in this forum.

Thanks a lot for your reply. yes.gif We do appreciate it.

1. Unknown and unknown is fine.

AOS Journey

K1 Journey

• 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Timeline

Fellow VJers,

I need help. Can someone educate me on the difference b/w I-693 and I-693A, please? Im a K1 holder and preparing documents to apply for AOS. I've been reading a lot of forums regarding I-693. A lot mentioned I-693A as well. Do i need it too?

I have with me my DS-3025 and it says Vaccine History INCOMPLETE and applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver. Please, please, please... Can someone tell me pls whether i need to do I-693A?

We would really appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

Chie M.

AOS Journey

K1 Journey

• 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have with me my DS-3025 and it says Vaccine History INCOMPLETE and applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver. Please, please, please... Can someone tell me pls whether i need to do I-693A?

Depends why it is incomplete. If the reason is "age inappropriate" then you do not need I-693 if your DS-3025 is less than 1 year old. If it's incomplete for another reason or if your medical was done over a year ago, then you need I-693 from a civil surgeon.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Thank you so much for the reply. We do appreciate it!

My DS-3025 says INSUFFICIENT TIME INTERVAL and it was done Oct. 2011 (approx 4 mos old). Am i right in assuming that if the doc requires me to receive shot/s, i should only get TWO (both ticked as Insufficient time interval) or maybe i won't need any shot anymore since it also says I'm eligible for blanket waiver...??? yes.gif

And is my understanding of this I-693 correct - I only need to submit page 1- Personal Info, Summary of Me Exam and Civil Surgeon's Certification and page 5 - Vaccination Record?

Depends why it is incomplete. If the reason is "age inappropriate" then you do not need I-693 if your DS-3025 is less than 1 year old. If it's incomplete for another reason or if your medical was done over a year ago, then you need I-693 from a civil surgeon.

AOS Journey

K1 Journey

• 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you so much for the reply. We do appreciate it!

My DS-3025 says INSUFFICIENT TIME INTERVAL and it was done Oct. 2011 (approx 4 mos old). Am i right in assuming that if the doc requires me to receive shot/s, i should only get TWO (both ticked as Insufficient time interval) or maybe i won't need any shot anymore since it also says I'm eligible for blanket waiver...??? yes.gif

And is my understanding of this I-693 correct - I only need to submit page 1- Personal Info, Summary of Me Exam and Civil Surgeon's Certification and page 5 - Vaccination Record?

First, there is no I-693A involved at all. If you need to see a civil surgeon, it will be to have the vaccinations transcribed onto the I-693. Form and instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb1f3591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If at the time of your medical, your DS-3025 has the MMR complete, at least 1 for the Tdap/Td, varicella complete or marked with VH because you already had chickenpox, then you can probably just send a copy of your DS-3025 with your AOS paperwork and not even need the I-693.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my questions. We do appreciate any help.

In my DS-3025, there's a check mark on MMR which accdg. to this form check mark means COMPLETE. Another check mark for Tdap and VH for Varicella since I already had chicken pox 10 years ago. I guess in my case, all i need is for the civil surgeon to transcribe these info to I-693's Vaccination Record. Or will i get RFE if I just submit my DS-3025 and not include I-693 in my AOS Application? Are there any VJers who did it and got approved? I am really worried about it coz I've heard that most of the CS here in Orlando require people like me to have Full Medical Exam when it is not even necessary. I am trying to save money if i can.

Thanks so much!

First, there is no I-693A involved at all. If you need to see a civil surgeon, it will be to have the vaccinations transcribed onto the I-693. Form and instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

If at the time of your medical, your DS-3025 has the MMR complete, at least 1 for the Tdap/Td, varicella complete or marked with VH because you already had chickenpox, then you can probably just send a copy of your DS-3025 with your AOS paperwork and not even need the I-693.

AOS Journey

K1 Journey

• 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my questions. We do appreciate any help.

In my DS-3025, there's a check mark on MMR which accdg. to this form check mark means COMPLETE. Another check mark for Tdap and VH for Varicella since I already had chicken pox 10 years ago. I guess in my case, all i need is for the civil surgeon to transcribe these info to I-693's Vaccination Record. Or will i get RFE if I just submit my DS-3025 and not include I-693 in my AOS Application? Are there any VJers who did it and got approved? I am really worried about it coz I've heard that most of the CS here in Orlando require people like me to have Full Medical Exam when it is not even necessary. I am trying to save money if i can.

Thanks so much!

There are plenty of people on VJ that have only sent in a copy of their DS-3025 and been approved. If your MMR, Tdap, and varicella are complete, then I think you are good to go without seeing a civil surgeon for the I-693. It will definitely save you money if you get approved without needing to spend an extra $150. It is always possible to get an RFE for anything, just so you are aware of that. Sometimes people get an RFE because they lose their medical forms and insist they get a whole new medical.

It is up to you. If it were me, I would send the copy of the DS-3025 and not bother with the civil surgeon for now. If I get approved, then great! If I get an RFE, then I would deal with getting what they want from me.

Read this post by Nich-Nick. It explains it all: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Dear Jay-Kay,

I would like to inform you that i already met with CS (earlier this morning) and he gave me one shot (Tdap) and filled out the Vaccination Record (page 5) and page 1's Last Part (Civil Surgeon's Certification). He refused to fill out Part 2 (Class A or B Condition) since accdg to him he did not do my medical and my medical (done @ home) is still valid for 8 more months (Also mentioned that USCIS should already have my medical exam record by now).

They seem to know what they were doing so i guess i should be ok. If not, we'll worry about it then. Anyway, my husband and I would like to thank you for finding time to answer all my questions. We do appreciate your help.

Thank you once again and God bless!

Chie M.

There are plenty of people on VJ that have only sent in a copy of their DS-3025 and been approved. If your MMR, Tdap, and varicella are complete, then I think you are good to go without seeing a civil surgeon for the I-693. It will definitely save you money if you get approved without needing to spend an extra $150. It is always possible to get an RFE for anything, just so you are aware of that. Sometimes people get an RFE because they lose their medical forms and insist they get a whole new medical.

It is up to you. If it were me, I would send the copy of the DS-3025 and not bother with the civil surgeon for now. If I get approved, then great! If I get an RFE, then I would deal with getting what they want from me.

Read this post by Nich-Nick. It explains it all: http://www.visajourn...18#entry4971318

AOS Journey

K1 Journey

• 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.