jkb11

Lost petition found and delivered. Problem

68 posts in this topic

The thing is that the fee has been collected and the reason for rejection is that it has apparently been returned. But it hasn't.

Cheers

I'm taking your reply means that USCIS is returning your petition (though not back in your hands yet) after rejecting it??

What is the specific reason for the rejection -if you know it-?

Before even thinking of filing again, I would say to first clear this up. Others have recommended to wait a few weeks to get things sorted out and I'd second that, but while that happens, perhaps you might want to try an Infopass to get some clarifications and answers and if the advice you get is to file, then get it in writing.

Good luck

I would call and talk to a live human being and try to sort this out. You should not have been so quick to file a second petition... but maybe you had your reasons. Call.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Okay. To be perfectly clear. I opened my mailbox today and took out two envelopes from USCIS. In these envelopes I got two forms (one each), which looked like this. They were identical in content (except for the receipt number and date):

One of them rejected is perfectly fine. But the other one has been processed, the payment cleared (check cahsed), I have received no invoice for this application, no NOA regarding suspension, and yet I have received this notice. The sole reason for rejecting is stated as above. So, the fee has been paid and the application has been rejected because it has, apparently, not been paid for.

How would one go about refiling this and requesting expedite due to USCIS error?

Cheers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Set an InfoPass appointment ASAP, and take both letters with you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I'm taking your reply means that USCIS is returning your petition (though not back in your hands yet) after rejecting it??

What is the specific reason for the rejection -if you know it-?

Before even thinking of filing again, I would say to first clear this up. Others have recommended to wait a few weeks to get things sorted out and I'd second that, but while that happens, perhaps you might want to try an Infopass to get some clarifications and answers and if the advice you get is to file, then get it in writing.

Good luck

I replied in the other thread, but just to follow it up here:

Okay. To be perfectly clear. I opened my mailbox today and took out two envelopes from USCIS. In these envelopes I got two forms (one each), which looked like this. They were identical in content (except for the receipt number and date):

The actual image can be found in this post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350304-lost-petition-found-and-delivered-problem/page__view__findpost__p__5198236

One of them rejected is perfectly fine. But the other one has been processed, the payment cleared (check cahsed), I have received no invoice for this application, no NOA regarding suspension, and yet I have received this notice. The sole reason for rejecting is stated as above. So, the fee has been paid and the application has been rejected because it has, apparently, not been paid for.

How would one go about refiling this and requesting expedite due to USCIS error?

A friendly note to moderators: I'm sorry for posting the same thing in two separate threads, bear with me please :blush: . I hope I get some stuff clarified soon and then the topic will be merged/closed. Thanks :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

our first petition was rejected due to a printing error on the forms.. it didn't print the bottom bar code and i didn't catch it so they rejected it and sent my check back without cashing as well as the entire packet i sent in. Are you sure it was rejected and not denied?

I then filed right away and got the noa1 receipt within a week.

Yes definitely call... I called and they told me what happened with my petition, I did have to speak with a tier 2 to get the information but i was able to get the information.

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Not much you can do but call them.

Edited by Laure&Colin

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you mean rejected, or denied? Cause if they were denied then no, they won't send you your money back.

You pay a fee that allows your petition to be processed, there's no guarantee that the outcome will be an approval.

What does the NOA exactly say, can you quote the exact words?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it was rejected, he posted a picture of the 797 in the other thread he has going on this same topic.. :bonk:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The actual point being, why start another posting on the same EXACT topic?

:bonk:

Because the other thread was in the process progress reporting section, which is in my opinion less likely to encounter answers. That's why I started a new topic in the Process & Procedures section, hoping to find answers to this particular problem. I apologized at the very beginning for opening a second topic on the same subject.

Cheers.

Cheers!

It seems that the no payment they are referring to is the original one, as they noted that invoice was not paid within 14 days.

This is my interpretation of what USCIS is saying/doing (and yes, it's going to look very twisted but you are dealing with USCIS here): your cashed check (for 2nd petition) was applied to 1st petition, which they had already rejected and all they wanted was payment, even after rejection; then your 2nd petition is now unpaid, thus rejected again for lack of payment (which you still owe; and I suspect a 3rd petition will repeat the cycle.)

I'd start with an Infopass asap to clear all this up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Because the other thread was in the process progress reporting section, which is in my opinion less likely to encounter answers. That's why I started a new topic in the Process & Procedures section, hoping to find answers to this particular problem. I apologized at the very beginning for opening a second topic on the same subject.

Cheers.

Fixored...... you be merged.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

It seems that the no payment they are referring to is the original one, as they noted that invoice was not paid within 14 days.

This is my interpretation of what USCIS is saying/doing (and yes, it's going to look very twisted but you are dealing with USCIS here): your cashed check (for 2nd petition) was applied to 1st petition, which they had already rejected and all they wanted was payment, even after rejection; then your 2nd petition is now unpaid, thus rejected again for lack of payment (which you still owe; and I suspect a 3rd petition will repeat the cycle.)

I'd start with an Infopass asap to clear all this up.

It is possible, but then, why haven't I been issued an invoice or anything related for my second petition? So weird.

Anyway, yes, I believe an Infopass appointment will be in order.

Cheers.

Timeline

Called USCIS today, got transferred to Tier 2. She confirmed both applications have been rejected. She suggested that when we receive the petition back, we refile it without the fee and instead attach a proof of having already paid for the petition. I think this is a bit sketchy - will this even be processed?

We have an infopass appointment on thursday.

Cheers.

Edited by jkb11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.