one...two...tree

Supermarket Meat Comes From Sick Animals

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

***** As requested by the OP, please stay on the topic of unhealthy meat in supermarkets. While PETA is very involved with fighting unhealthy (or any) meat production, and if only naturally dead/ roadkill would be eaten, then the issue mentioned in the OP would not exist, this thread is not about PETA as an organisation ******

This is a pretty good site to find meat and other farm products from pasture-based farms that grass-feed beef etc:

http://www.eatwild.com/

Road kill and meat from animals that died of natural causes should be sold in Supermarkets. It would be healthier. I think that if the rules regarding horse meat can be changed and that horse meat can be sold in Supermarkets, why not roadkill and animals that died of disease?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Road kill and meat from animals that died of natural causes should be sold in Supermarkets. It would be healthier. I think that if the rules regarding horse meat can be changed and that horse meat can be sold in Supermarkets, why not roadkill and animals that died of disease?

How would you regulate that?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

How would you regulate that?

Why do we need to? Label it in the Supermarket "Fresh Road Kill" and let it go at that. All this regulaion is nonsense really. I have eaten plenty of game I killed myself without regulation. We drink milk fresh from the cow right now, eggs right off the nest. Whats the problem?

The market will determine whether it is successful or not and whether people want meat which has been produced under factory conditions or not. What are we afraid of?

The problem is when the first question is "How do we regulate that?" Assume first no regulation is necessary and go from there rather than "regulation is necessary, how do we do it?"

Gary And Alla

Road kill is a very popular meat source in Alaska.

Yep and has been for years up here. Moose especially. If you run into a moose and kill it you get first dibs on it after the Troopers show up. If you don't claim it then it goes to people who signed up on the "road kill list"...pecking order goes by yearly income. Train kill for moose which numbers in the hundreds every year goes to poor people and the prisons.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Yep and has been for years up here. Moose especially. If you run into a moose and kill it you get first dibs on it after the Troopers show up. If you don't claim it then it goes to people who signed up on the "road kill list"...pecking order goes by yearly income. Train kill for moose which numbers in the hundreds every year goes to poor people and the prisons.

They need to get on the ball with that, though. The number of upended sets of moose legs I counted along the road from Haines to Anchorage indicated a heck of a lot of waste going on.

They need to get on the ball with that, though. The number of upended sets of moose legs I counted along the road from Haines to Anchorage indicated a heck of a lot of waste going on.

Those must be Anchorage n00bs. Iv'e come across them a few times when they hit a moose on the Parks Highway and asked if they wanted to claim it, and they always say "no", so I run back home and grab my sawzall. I take everything back home with me.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Charles, where are you? This thread deserves the same kind of moderation as your cartoon thread. Come on, man. Step up to the plate.

It has been restricted to the discussuion of selling meat in supermarkets and everyone is complying so far, except for Soffiya.

Gary And Alla

It has been restricted to the discussuion of selling meat in supermarkets and everyone is complying so far, except for Soffiya.

She's a rebel.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Charles, where are you? This thread deserves the same kind of moderation as your cartoon thread. Come on, man. Step up to the plate.

i'm here, and ready to help you with your complaint. link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm here, and ready to help you with your complaint. link

It's really simple. Give my thread the same kind of treatment given to yours. If anyone posts a reply in this thread that isn't discussing/addressing the specific topic at hand (supermarket meat coming from sick animals), delete those posts. Kathryn said that the moderation is the same for all the threads in P & R, so do the right thing.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Timeline

It's really simple. Give my thread the same kind of treatment given to yours. If anyone posts a reply in this thread that isn't discussing/addressing the specific topic at hand (supermarket meat coming from sick animals), delete those posts. Kathryn said that the moderation is the same for all the threads in P & R, so do the right thing.

I bought bacon tonight, 2 pkgs for $7 on sale, probably from sick animals so it is cheap. I will cook it thoroughly and crispy and place it on my turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow, which turkey was also bought at the supermarket, along with Claussen pickles made from sick cucumbers and real mayonnaise made from the eggs of sick chickens

Gary And Alla