VetsWife328

Divorce Issues

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK I got here to spend 4 weeks with my man 2 weeks ago.We called the Ex (his USC) to get the Divorce Decree and again had to find out that she choose NOT to turn the papers in to court in VA.It"s driving us crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has all the paperwork and would only need to put it in,we'd wire her the cash for it but she just keeps messing with us...............We could send her new divorce papers with my man being the plaintiff but we dont believe she'd sign them...............The thing is Jim has sent her signed and notorized papres in MAY already and she keeps failing to put them in...............Does anyone know what we could do to get this darn divorce over with??????????????????

They have been seperated since December 2001 ,no kids,no property-nothing.

We're sick of waiting.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Timeline
OK I got here to spend 4 weeks with my man 2 weeks ago.We called the Ex (his USC) to get the Divorce Decree and again had to find out that she choose NOT to turn the papers in to court in VA.It"s driving us crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has all the paperwork and would only need to put it in,we'd wire her the cash for it but she just keeps messing with us...............We could send her new divorce papers with my man being the plaintiff but we dont believe she'd sign them...............The thing is Jim has sent her signed and notorized papres in MAY already and she keeps failing to put them in...............Does anyone know what we could do to get this darn divorce over with??????????????????

We're sick of waiting.

Nat

Talk to a lawyer.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I had the same problem.... Find her a Boyfriend.... It worked for me :)

Ok also... She kept making excuses with the papers not written right.... So we decided instead of putting in the papers who gets what... We put in it that all property has been already divided up.. So she had nothing to whine about... Just make sure you can trust her to give him his things if she still has some.. Me and my ex are staying friendly.. So it worked out... But the BF thing helped alot for her to forget me and what to be with him...that was the biggest help... I even talked to him to push her alittle into signing...

Good Luck... Divorce sucks no matter who wants it..It takes a toll on everybody.. I was the one that wanted it ..but it still effected me in ways.. But I'm past it now.. :thumbs: With a new life close at hand...

We're sick of waiting.

Nat

Talk to a lawyer.

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

???

Why is she in control??? If she aint gona do something, file your own papers. She is not required to sign anything. Have her served or if she has an attorney, simply send the complaint to her attorney of record and she is served. Take her out of the equation and take charge yourself (speaking for your man).

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Timeline
We called the Ex (his USC) to get the Divorce Decree and again had to find out that she choose NOT to turn the papers in to court in VA. They have been seperated since December 2001 ,no kids,no property-nothing.

Perhaps I've missed something. "His USC"? Married to a US citizen since 2001, but no PR. Is he overseas and trying to divorce his wife from there ?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have done some family law. I would refile and have her served. If she doesn't answer within 20 days (in Montana assume time limit is about the same) move for default. I can't guarantee this. The courts might give full faith and credit to the other states filings. P.M. me if you want and give me more of the details.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like a problem of hooking up with a married person and/or out shopping while still married to me.

In the end, cash bribes usually work in this kind of thing. Just offer her $10,000 or something to do the paperwork. Money talks - BS walks.

Good luck!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Other Timeline

We called the Ex (his USC) to get the Divorce Decree and again had to find out that she choose NOT to turn the papers in to court in VA. They have been seperated since December 2001 ,no kids,no property-nothing.

Perhaps I've missed something. "His USC"? Married to a US citizen since 2001, but no PR. Is he overseas and trying to divorce his wife from there ?

There's a military connection here, mermaid. The OP is a german citizen; I'm not certain but I THINK her fiance is a USC in the military - or recently out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yeah Jim got out of the military last year August.He was stationed in Germany from 12/01 until 08/06 and his "wife" never wanted to come to Germany and live with him.The first time he got Divorce Papers from her was back in 08/04,he signed them and had them notorized............nothing happened.No big deal we hadn't met yet.Then she again send him the paprs in May of this year,same thing he signed them so did a witness and they were notorized and sent off to VA to her..............NOTHING.Jim has not seen her since December 2001,he never really cared about a divorce until we met plus he thought he WAS divorced back in 2004 while he was deployed to Iraq.And NO I did not know that he was still married since Jim himself didn't find that out until March of this year and we have been together since May last year.

We're thinking about doing the paperwork ourselves now but that takes atleast 4 month and VA would be a lot faster if she'd just put the papers in.Plus when Jim files for divorce here in WA who tells us that she signs the papers?????????So that right there would mean even more time lost...........

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

We're sick of waiting.

Nat

Talk to a lawyer.

Haven't even read the rest of the thread but this is the best advice.....wish we had done it 3 years ago and saved us a whole load of cash and heartache.....read my profile....get a laywer....took 6 weeks :thumbs:

I should add ... another $3000 for a lawyer.....but as DF said take her out of control....it was worth every penny to us ..... :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I should add ... another $3000 for a lawyer.....but as DF said take her out of control....it was worth every penny to us ..... :D

I am a lawyer. And I give free advice.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Cool :thumbs: but we didn't need 'advice' we needed action, in court, in Texas, his ex had the papers all signed and would not return them to the court so we counter sued...somebody needed to show up in court so we hired a lawyer to...3 years is enough time don't you think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.