VetsWife328

Divorce Issues

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We wish we knew..........We will call the ex again tonight and see what the heck her reason for not turning the papers in last Thursday was and then we will do it urselves tomorrow by sending in a petition here in WA.Bad thing is this will take 3-4 months.................And we cant send our I 129F in until we have the Divorce Decree................

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I would assume she won't cooperate. Unless you do it yourself, it won't be done. Too bad it will take all this time but think about the worst case scenario: you will spend all this time trying to convince her to do it and then still 4 months to do it yourselves.

I would prefer to do it myself right now and forget about her cooperation.

Keep us posted and best of luck.

Ana

Filed: Timeline

I gave my ex a bit of time to fully accept the fact that we didn't work out...there was lots o drama...crying on my porch, etc. After I felt it was ample time, I got papers drawn up and asked him to sign. He refused. I gave him a lil more time. Then I asked again. He refused. Then I said 'if you don't sign them now, I will tear these up and we'll go for one of those nasty divorces where I will request to garnish some of your future earnings, including your company's stock'. He signed.

Timeline

Yeah we went to the Court and picked up the forms today.They"re almost done as far as filling out goes and we will put the papers in and file for his divorce on Thursday morning.

Fortunatley we got the packet that she does not have to agree to.........whether she responds or not Jim will be divorced from her by mid January and then we will put our papers in to Nebraska.Hopefully I will be able to come back by the end of May then.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Good luck Natasha :thumbs: Hopefully she won't respond or at least respond in a postive manner so you won't be held up any longer than you already have been :thumbs:

I have done some family law. I would refile and have her served. If she doesn't answer within 20 days (in Montana assume time limit is about the same) move for default. I can't guarantee this. The courts might give full faith and credit to the other states filings. P.M. me if you want and give me more of the details.

Same here, but in my state the waiting period is 35 days to enter default.

Timeline of David's Petition to Remove Conditions:

08-01-2009 I-751 Mailed to VSC

09-01-2009 I-751 received at VSC

12-01-2009 Notice of Action/Receipt received

22-01-2009 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

06-02-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Newark, NJ

05-06-2009 Received notice that removal of conditions has been approved!

David's K1 Timeline Available here

David's AOS Timeline Available here

Timeline

Wee here in WA it"s 20 within WA and 60 if the (ex) wife is outside of State.Which is the case.So it will be January 15th that he"s divorced.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

We will call the ex again tonight and see what the heck her reason for not turning the papers in last Thursday was and then we will do it urselves tomorrow by sending in a petition here in WA.

You can't ask for explanations, nor can't you force the divorce.

You're going to have to do it with your ex's cooperation and yes, it's going to cost you.

Yeah we went to the Court and picked up the forms today.They"re almost done as far as filling out goes and we will put the papers in and file for his divorce on Thursday morning.

Fortunatley we got the packet that she does not have to agree to.........whether she responds or not Jim will be divorced from her by mid January and then we will put our papers in to Nebraska.Hopefully I will be able to come back by the end of May then.

Nat

I'm not sure of the process in your state, but if it's anything like others, iff the soon-to-be-wife defaults then the divorce may be final by January. If she answers the complaint, it could be a longer process. Just don't want you to hang so tightly on January and be disappointed... :( But rest on the fact that it will happen :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Nat

I'm not sure of the process in your state, but if it's anything like others, iff the soon-to-be-wife defaults then the divorce may be final by January. If she answers the complaint, it could be a longer process. Just don't want you to hang so tightly on January and be disappointed... :( But rest on the fact that it will happen :)

yes....if she wants to be a pain she can hang it out for longer.....which is why I said I hope she doesn't respond or does in a positive manner. Nobody can stay married against the others wishes....it will happen eventually, but always be prepared for the worst in divorce issues. The good thing is, like us, there is no property or children(?) to haggle over....we had his military pension which was the only thing she could make a claim on. Plus I am assuming she never did file any papers so your papers are the only ones filed with the court right?

Timeline

Yes our papers will be the only ones filed .She had all the papers but never actually filed for it.

I know very well that if it came down to it it could take longer,much longer than January.But there"s NO kids,NO property,No depts ,NO liabilities or anything .Plus they have been seperated since December 17th,2001.

So keep ur fingers crossed for us!!!!!!

I have to go back to Germany on Thursday and the fact that we now have to wait at least three months longer than we thought just makes going back even harder on us and my little boy.............

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please look here for the particulars of divorce in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/virginia/...nia_divorce_law

Where in VA is your ex from? Maybe I can refer my lawyer to you.

I do know that in your case, grounds for divorce has been met (living apart for one year). After the 'Bill of Complaint for Divorce' is filed and served on the other, they have 21 days to respond after which it's referred to a commisioner if no response was given. After reviewing the evidence in a hearing, the divorce is then recommended to a judge and he/she signs the decree....this is how it will happen if there is no dispute over property and/or children.

Good luck!

Griffy

Women who behave rarely make history!!

10-21-06 Married!!

07-20-07 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago

07-23-07 Package received at lockbox!

08-03-07 Checks cashed 11 days

08-10-07 Biometric appt. letter in mail 18 days

08-29-07 Biometric appt. 37 days

09-20-07 EAD approval notice mailed 59 days

09-20-07 Travel Doc approval notice mailed 59 days

12-11-07 Interview letter received (1-31-2008) 143 days

01-31-08 Interview completed (IO said she will see if his name and fingerprints were cleared when she got back to the home office)194 days

02-13-08 Card production ordered email sent! 207 days

02-19-08 Permanent Resident Card arrives!! 213 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.