Mrs5k

Is this allowed?

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Insane story, OP. You did the right thing, as well as your boyfriend. Good luck, I hope appropriate action is taken.

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Insane story, OP. You did the right thing, as well as your boyfriend. Good luck, I hope appropriate action is taken.

Thank you, sometimes we just have to stand up for ourselves.

When I came in US with K1 visa via JFK, one of the officer told me, why to go all the way to L.A if I can stay in NY and marry him....

Oh wow...what is wrong with these "officers"!?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Yo if he liked you so much why he ain't let you in? SMDH thirsty a** lol That's terrible he was probably jealous...

Edited by misswiss

mj92vv4eoa21.png

10/03/11 Mailed package AOS from VWP 4 years overstay (i-485,i-130,i-765, i-864 and i-693) to the Chicago lockbox

10/06/11 Delivered to USCIS

10/07/11 Checks cashed 1490$ from personal bank account

10/10/11 Received NOA's for i-130, i-765 and i-485

10/15/11 Biometrics appt received dated for 11/04/11

11/04/11 Biometrics successful!! took about 10 mins

12/01/11 EAD Approved!!! (in 58 days)

12/08/11 EAD received.

12/12/11 Applied for a Social Security card/number.

12/16/11 Received a Social security card/number.

12/22/11 Interview notice received for Jan 23 2012.

01/23/12 Interview in Atlanta..APPROVED on the spot!

02/02/12 Green card received in the mail! DONE! :D

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yo if he liked you so much why he ain't let you in? SMDH thirsty a** lol That's terrible he was probably jealous...

I know right! and this is what made my boyfriend so angry. When he talked to the chief immigration officer he said "If she was refused because he was jealous then that's completely out of order" which is a fair statement. He called my boyfriend when I was being interrogated and before my boyfriend even knew any of this he said that he sounded very jealous and angry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know if you have read my previous post I was refused entry from the US not too long ago because I couldn't prove enough ties to my home country to visit under the VWP for 83 days. The officer that dealt with me was extremely flirtatious saying that I should "marry an immigration officer because I would have no trouble then" and saying that I would have "way more fun with him" than my boyfriend. Well I thought that this was probably something that they weren't allowed to do but just wanted to move on with what I was going to do next....today I received an email from this immigration officer saying that he hoped I arrived safely and he hadn't been able to stop thinking about me since I left. I'm not entirely sure where he got my email from but you do have to put it on the form when you enter and I did have to write it down about 2 other times when they were processing me. I have told my boyfriend and he's quite angry about the whole situation and he wants to do something about it, probably going down to the airport and making a complaint. I'm just wondering if anyone has been through a similar experience and if you have, did you take action?, did anything happen? I'm just a little bit worried about the fact that I complained making visits to the US more difficult in the future....But on the other hand I don't think any immigration officer or anyone who has such authority should be allowed to talk to anyone the way that he talked to me surely it's important to just do your job....

Sexual harrassment, breaking a code of ethics, misuse of confidential information, etc.

Edited by Scafidi454

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup - mis use of confidential information,

unless you actually gave him yer email address - then it's still sorta sketchy

you could always give HIS email address to your friends, launch a sh|t storm.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would take your emails to a lawyer. Any reputable lawyer will give you "free" time to explain what has happened, then advise if they can help.

If what happened is as you've described it, this fool needs to be taken far, far away from any position of authority and made clear beyond all doubt that this can't be tolerated.

Release the hounds!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure CBP officers have any laws...I think what he did was totally inappropriate. I think he also may be baiting you if you have border denial. I had an officer ask me why I was applying for K-1 when I could just get married and adjust status...I believe he was messing with me to see what I'd say because I already had a border denial due to lack of strong ties too. I think you're doing the right thing by complaining. I doubt anything will come of it, but I def don't think it hurts your chances of future visits. I think it bodes well for your character and that you're not just trying to get into the US. :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

My husband was also denied entry in Atlanta, back when he was just my boyfriend, and the circumstances surrounding it were just strange. No one flirted with him, but the CBP officer made some pretty indecipherable comments. We have since learned that Atlanta is a training lab for new CBP officers, hence the prevalence of immaturity and unprofessional behavior reported in this thread.

We are with you-- we haven't used Atlanta as a POE again and won't until my husband is a citizen, which is a pretty big inconvenience because that's where we live!

US Entry: 06-27-2009
Marriage: 08-14-2009
Conditional Green Card in Hand: 12-21-2009
I-751 filed: 09-16-2011
Conditions lifted: 10-16-2012
N-400 filed: 10-28-2013
N-400 approved: 03-06-2014

US Citizen: 03-21-2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know if you have read my previous post I was refused entry from the US not too long ago because I couldn't prove enough ties to my home country to visit under the VWP for 83 days. The officer that dealt with me was extremely flirtatious saying that I should "marry an immigration officer because I would have no trouble then" and saying that I would have "way more fun with him" than my boyfriend. Well I thought that this was probably something that they weren't allowed to do but just wanted to move on with what I was going to do next....today I received an email from this immigration officer saying that he hoped I arrived safely and he hadn't been able to stop thinking about me since I left. I'm not entirely sure where he got my email from but you do have to put it on the form when you enter and I did have to write it down about 2 other times when they were processing me. I have told my boyfriend and he's quite angry about the whole situation and he wants to do something about it, probably going down to the airport and making a complaint. I'm just wondering if anyone has been through a similar experience and if you have, did you take action?, did anything happen? I'm just a little bit worried about the fact that I complained making visits to the US more difficult in the future....But on the other hand I don't think any immigration officer or anyone who has such authority should be allowed to talk to anyone the way that he talked to me surely it's important to just do your job....

Simply and refutedly absurd! :angry::angry: These "officers" are supposed to be professional. Think about it. You are coming to the United States and you have a officer who is flirting with you?! Really?!! They are really setting a nice example huh? :rofl::wow:

So so sorry this happened to you! I will definitely be bringing my sweetie through Atlanta knowing this! I commend you for handling the situation well. He should be reprimanded harshly if not terminated. However, nothing will probably happen. I also love the fact that your boyfriend went to the news. I'm sure they are having a field day with this one :D

Anyway, not all Americans are like this. I wish you and your boyfriend the very best in your endeavours.

Correction: I meant to say I will definitely NOT be bringing my sweetie through Atlanta!!! No way no how!

Have a great day.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

What that guy did was an abuse of power and he should be fired for his lack of integrity. However, I don't think it is much better anyplace else based on my fiancé’s experience of being called a "stupid ####" in Detroit for traveling so close to her NOA2.

Met in Feb 2009 while I was working overseas.

Started dating almost 1 year to the date that we met in Feb of 2010.

Returned to the US in Sep 2010 :(

July 2011 - Proposed

Aug. 1st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F

Aug. 4th, 2011 - NOA1

Jan. 10th, 2012 - NOA2

Jan. 18th, 2012- NVC rec

Jan. 19th, 2012 - NVC sent

Jan. 25th, 2012 -Tokyo Embasy Rec.

Jan. 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Rec.

Feb. 6th, 2012 - Packet 3 Mailed

Feb. 10th, 2012 - Packet 4 Rec. (by E-mail)

Feb. 22nd, 2012 - Medical Exam

Feb. 23rd, 2012 - Hard Copy of Packet 4 Rec. (Same as information in E-mail)

March 12th, 2012 - Visa Interview

March 14th, 2012 - Visa Recived

May 29th, 2012 - Came to USA !!!

June 8th, 2012 - Married :)

June 12th, 2012 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Mailed

June 18th, 2012 - NOA for AOS Packet

July 16th, 2012 - Bio

Aug. 23rd, 2012 - AP/EAD approved

Aug. 29th, 2012 - AOS interview

Aug. 29th, 2012 - AOS approved

Aug. 31st, 2012 - AP/EAD recived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow, that is crazy. As someone else mentioned it's harassment, and unlawful use of personal information. These idiots are on a major power trip. I would definitely keep the email he sent you as evidence and contact his supervisor. If he isn't disciplined or you don't feel his supervisor is handling it properly (his direct supervisor is probably trying to sweep it under the rug to save him) then take it to the next level of supervisor.

If anyone is mistreated at a border crossing they should ask for agents name, BADGE NUMBER, and a supervisor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On my last visit to Natasha before our marriage, I returned from Moscow through Atlanta. I got held up for 15 min. because my US passport did not have a return stamp from US POE on my earlier visit to Russia! My only comment to the agent was "I returned at JFK. I gave them the passport. They looked and gave it back. If you do not like no stamp in the passport, you need to talk to JFK. I do not tell you or them how to do your job." He was not sure what to do. When I booked my wife's flight, I made sure no POE in Atlanta. If they gave me a native born USC a hard time over a entry stamp from an earlier trip, I feared what they might with my wife's K1.

After reading about your problem, I will not use Atlanta for POE on any trip! Your problem is over the top, I recommend contacting a lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.