Ruteger

What's the story with American Women?

314 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I married a foreigner. I guess I wanted more out of life than NASCAR on the TV and discussions about spark plugs and lawn mowers.

Yep.... footie on telly sure beats NASCAR on TV.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:pop:

I read it to Hubs, he said:

"Simple, plain ol' fashion romance, fell in love & got married."

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Timeline

I married a foreigner. I guess I wanted more out of life than NASCAR on the TV and discussions about spark plugs and lawn mowers.

Yep.... footie on telly sure beats NASCAR on TV.

My husband doesn't watch football, rugby, cricket, or any other sport voluntarily. He endures grand slam tennis and American football when I watch them, though.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I went to marryacanadianstud.com because all the American men are limp-wristed whiners who think that women hate them, but really, it's because they haven't showered or brushed their teeth.

$85CSD and they shipped a strapping carpenter from Alberta to me. ;)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
There's as many answers as there are men. And most of the answers don't presume there's something wrong with American women.

Some men find wives overseas because they happen to meet women overseas and fall in love. Some men go hunting because the modern American dating scene is difficult to negotiate (and I say this with no judgment -- it can apply as much to a Yahoo chat room as to an Everquest couple as to a traditional marriage match as to a marriage broker match.)

Some go hunting because they believe that the fact that they can't get a date is because American women have all been corrupted by TEH EV0L FEMINISM! and aren't submissive and HILLARY IS THE REASON they can't get dates and they're not getting it like they're ENTITLED TO BY THE POWER OF BEING A MAN. But the foreign women (who are never, for these men, individuals, just a class) are submissive lotus flowers! they dress up! they can be controlled! and they're all alike! and interchangeable!

I figure that those in the last group are pretty rare. Because, really, the U.S. is a crazy big country, and frankly, if of the 50 million eligible women in the U.S. you can't find a single one that isn't CORRUPTED!, here's a hint, chances are the problem isn't with the American women. Mirror time.

I know you're a chick but I think I heart you :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm waiting for the Russia crowd to move in on this one.

Why all the hate?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Why all the hate?

There's no hate, 48000+ RW can't be wrong :whistle:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My husband doesn't watch football, rugby, cricket, or any other sport voluntarily.

You are a lucky woman. I haven't met anyone who hates watching sports as much as I do,

and England is *definitely* the wrong place for sports-hating people like myself.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

There's as many answers as there are men. And most of the answers don't presume there's something wrong with American women.

Some men find wives overseas because they happen to meet women overseas and fall in love. Some men go hunting because the modern American dating scene is difficult to negotiate (and I say this with no judgment -- it can apply as much to a Yahoo chat room as to an Everquest couple as to a traditional marriage match as to a marriage broker match.)

Some go hunting because they believe that the fact that they can't get a date is because American women have all been corrupted by TEH EV0L FEMINISM! and aren't submissive and HILLARY IS THE REASON they can't get dates and they're not getting it like they're ENTITLED TO BY THE POWER OF BEING A MAN. But the foreign women (who are never, for these men, individuals, just a class) are submissive lotus flowers! they dress up! they can be controlled! and they're all alike! and interchangeable!

I figure that those in the last group are pretty rare. Because, really, the U.S. is a crazy big country, and frankly, if of the 50 million eligible women in the U.S. you can't find a single one that isn't CORRUPTED!, here's a hint, chances are the problem isn't with the American women. Mirror time.

I know you're a chick but I think I heart you :lol:

I am a chick! But I heart you too. Pass the popcorn! :lol:

AOS

-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Why all the hate?

Can't be wrong about what?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Timeline

My husband doesn't watch football, rugby, cricket, or any other sport voluntarily.

You are a lucky woman. I haven't met anyone who hates watching sports as much as I do,

and England is *definitely* the wrong place for sports-hating people like myself.

Too true. I wouldn't have married a man who was obsessed with sports. Barrel-chested men with shaved heads and beery breath cheering on the perennial losers who make up the England squad just don't do it for me. I never wanted to be a sports widow.

It does create an interesting dynamic in our house, though. My husband's like "Dear, do you want me to take you shopping?" I'm like "Naw, I'm watching the Cowboys honey-pie." Oooh, ole reversal. :lol:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Haha, my mom's like that. Gigantic Steelers fan and my dad hates sports. So my mom yells at the TV and talks lovingly of all the players ('That Hines Ward. He's such a nice young man, helping children in Korea.') and my dad rolls his eyes.

AOS

-

Timeline

Why all the hate?

Can't be wrong about what?

I'm not sure yet, but it is said in the R forum quite a bit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is that your opinion or you're just talking about those men's opinion?

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

www.hotmaririagableoverseaswomenthatwilldoanything.com

came with her own bubble wrap too :thumbs: didnt think I could go wrong for $5

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.