BraveAmnay

Question ABout NVC

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am Here again for special question about My Petition .My Petition was aprroved on Uscis.Now The sen it in NVc .Can The NVC denied it after My Petition been aprroved in Uscis ?!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

No, not the NVC. They just handle the administrative process of forwarding your visa application to an appropriate american embassy in your fiancé home country.

The USCIS just approve your petition, not the visa itself.

The embassy can deny your visa application at the interview though.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC will forward your approved I-129F petition to your beneficiaries US Embassy. NVC will assign you a case number to you the petitioner.

Contact NVC to obtain your Case number:

Tel: (603) 334-0700

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, not the NVC. They just handle the administrative process of forwarding your visa application to an appropriate american embassy in your fiancé home country.

The USCIS just approve your petition, not the visa itself.

The embassy can deny your visa application at the interview though.

This is not correct. The NVC most certainly CAN deny the petition or return it to USCIS if they find an error. If they could not there would be no reason for them to do the background checks or AP that they do.

It is not common for this to happen but it CAN. The consulate can also deny a visa application OR can reject the petition after it is approved by USCIS and the NVC.

There have even been a number of cases where visas were revoked after being issued and the beneficiary asked to return their passport to the consulate. This is extremely rare, but has happened

An approved petition is NOT a visa and the process can be held up, denied, rejected or revoked at any point

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am Here again for special question about My Petition .My Petition was aprroved on Uscis.Now The sen it in NVc .Can The NVC denied it after My Petition been aprroved in Uscis ?!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

You should update your timeline.

Congrats on your NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not to dispute or mislead anyone with new information but I just called the NVC about my file and she told me it had been mailed to the Embassy. I asked her if there was anything else that the NVC would mail us and she said "Oh, no.. we don't do anything with the Fiancce Visa. We only forward it to the Embassy." Well, that's what she said and I know they assign it an MNL # but I have heard of files getting held at NVC too.

Is it possible that this applies only to the Fiancee Visa ? I don't know but I am happy our case is onto Manila US Embassy !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

NVC will forward your approved I-129F petition to your beneficiaries US Embassy. NVC will assign you a case number to you the petitioner.

Contact NVC to obtain your Case number:

Tel: (603) 334-0700

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

http://travel.state..../info_3177.html

I'm going to hijack this post and ask: is it a mandatory step to call NVC to get the new case file, or is it just to gain to time? I'm wondering because we received our hard copy of the NOA2 last Friday and i thought they would contact us again with the new case information.

I apologize, in advance, for adding my own question on this thread.

Thanks

Celeste

Not to dispute or mislead anyone with new information but I just called the NVC about my file and she told me it had been mailed to the Embassy. I asked her if there was anything else that the NVC would mail us and she said "Oh, no.. we don't do anything with the Fiancce Visa. We only forward it to the Embassy." Well, that's what she said and I know they assign it an MNL # but I have heard of files getting held at NVC too.

Is it possible that this applies only to the Fiancee Visa ? I don't know but I am happy our case is onto Manila US Embassy !

Yes, fiancee visa petitions can be held up at the NVC. We were delayed 50 days for "administrative processing". The person you talked to likely didn't know much.

Edited by Matt & Bing

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

I'm going to hijack this post and ask: is it a mandatory step to call NVC to get the new case file, or is it just to gain to time? I'm wondering because we received our hard copy of the NOA2 last Friday and i thought they would contact us again with the new case information.

Thanks

Celeste

The NVC will mail you a letter with your case number on it. Its not mandatory you call but its the only way you will know when your case has been sent on to your foreign consulate.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks

Celeste

Let me point you to a different thread, ya?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Find my post there about timeticks, nowish.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Let me point you to a different thread, ya?

http://www.visajourn...he-nvc-and-dos/

Find my post there about timeticks, nowish.

Good Luck !

That's VERY helpful too! Thank you, Darnell! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks

Celeste

My Fiancee too got the mail from Th Uscis the approval In Jan 4th but we still wait for The NVC Mail :whistle:

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you I hope Inshaa Allah evrything will go fine for the Next Step :whistle:

I hope that too, my fiance received the hard copy of NOA2 , which says that the case is now transferred to NVC and it will take them 2-4 weeks to forward it to embassy and will give us a case number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.