Alex+R

WTF? Wakass RFE finally arrives

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Cass,

Context.

For some purposes a photocopy of only the ID page of the passport is required. For other purposes a photocopy of the entire passport is required.

Know and specify the context.

Yodrak

Not true.

Go read through the RFE Master List and you'll see at least one (that I know of) RFE to send in all pages of a passport. If you submit it, make sure to submit it correctly.

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

You don't have to photocopy all the pages; they really only want to see the front page with the name and photo.

Edited by Yodrak

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Cass,

Context.

For some purposes a photocopy of only the ID page of the passport is required. For other purposes a photocopy of the entire passport is required.

Know the context.

Yodrak

But, speaking of those contexts, what ARE the reasons they might need a passport/BC for the beneficiary? Do we have any kind of guess? My curiosity is really getting the better of me here.

Filed: Other Timeline

Cass,

Context.

Know the context.

Yodrak

But, speaking of those contexts, what ARE the reasons they might need a passport/BC for the beneficiary? Do we have any kind of guess? My curiosity is really getting the better of me here.

I said it before in my earlier post, the adjudicating officer in your case is interested to verify the true age (birth date) of your beneficiary. You must have included something in your submissions which made the AO (adjudicating officer) doubt the true age (birth date) of your SO.

As a general rule, the BC is NOT needed for the I-129F petition. I would recommend NOT sending it in unless and until you receive a RFE specifically requesting it. There is simply no need for everyone to send it at this stage of the process. It WILL be needed at the Consulate approval stage, but not at the USCIS stage.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
How often have people had this requested? I would be ok with adding a line to the guide such as:

14. (Optional -- not required by USCIS guidelines) A copy of the foreign fiance(e)'s Birth Certifacte (front and back). There have been a few rare cases where this was requested to be sent in as part of approving the I-129F.

I do not want to add extra things -- saying optional will result in most people adding this to be safe and since this is not required per any published documents I am hesitant.

I filed for a K-1 two and a half years ago and a copy of the beneficiaries birth certificate and english translation were being asked for by the then BCIS. I am really surprised this is such a hot topic. I would add it particularly in light of the fact the item apparently is on the standad RFE checklist

YMMV

Reviving this thread.

As of late, there have been several cases of CSC requesting the beneficiaries birth certificate.

Should petitioners consider including this as a best practice, to head off a possible RFE?

Filed: Timeline

William,

Yes. It used to be on many lists of recommended things to include with the petition.

(I inlcuded my wife's birth certificate with my petitions because I have a long memory, not because of then current experiences.)

Yodrak

Reviving this thread.

As of late, there have been several cases of CSC requesting the beneficiaries birth certificate.

Should petitioners consider including this as a best practice, to head off a possible RFE?

I agree too. When you think about it the instructions also do not list everything that one may submit to show proof of having met. The beneficiary BC is a way of proving who you are and if it assists in the processing of the petition in any way, shape or form, it should IMO be included. It's not worth the time wasted when one gets an RFE. My BC was included in the I-130 petition even though it wasn't a requirement.

William,

Yes. It used to be on many lists of recommended things to include with the petition.

(I inlcuded my wife's birth certificate with my petitions because I have a long memory, not because of then current experiences.)

Yodrak

Reviving this thread.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you do include the Beneficiaries birth certificate, do not forget that it must be translated into English. Or the lack of proper translation will result in another RFE. I did not include Fernanda's birth certificate and I did not receive an RFE for the b/c.

Though birth certificates are not listed as being required by USCIS for the beneficiary, if you choose to send them, you must also submit their translation.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.