Alex+R

WTF? Wakass RFE finally arrives

98 posts in this topic

An RFE back in the year 2005 might not have been a big deal. But now days after IMBRA where people have sent their IMBRA RFE's "If they all have been sent out" and are still wondering where the He!! does the line form for an approval once an RFE has been sent back, might also ask themselves that if they have to just relax and send another RFE request again!!!, Where does the line start!!!

Different time for USCIS, different decisions. Again! This is only One VJ'ers opinion and Not Fact!!!

Have a great weekend :D:D:D:D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok then, I will accept that it's just the birth certificate they want. What I need to know now is, can Rey take a good scan of it, e-mail it, have me print it out and get it translated here? Wer'e going to be in Argentina next week, so a Portuguese-to-English translation might be difficult to come by...

I know my birth certificate could have been a copy. Can I send them his as a copy too?

so...what is it then? is the Birth Certificate of the beneficiary needed in the I-129F filing or not?

K1 journey

09/30/06 :mailed I-129F

10/05/06 :date of NOA1

12/15/06 :date of NOA2

03/15/07 :got my VISA!!!!

03/17/07 :welcome to LAS VEGAS!!! wwwooohhhoooo

wedding day - JUNE 3, 2007

AOS

06/12/2007 :sent application to Chicago, IL

06/19/2007 :NOA date

07/18/2007 :biometrics done!

09/10/2007 :interview

09/18/2007 :notice mailed welcoming the NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!

EAD

08/24/2007 :card production ordered

08/27/2007 :touched

09/01/2007 :EAD card received!

116322026488201.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
so...what is it then? is the Birth Certificate of the beneficiary needed in the I-129F filing or not?

If you read through the thread, you'll see that although it's not a requirement as per the instructions, you might or might not get an RFE for the beneficiary's birth certificate + translation into English. It's not usual to get an RFE for that as it's been in the past, but it can happen.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
The checklist my lawyer gave me to start collecting my documents said fiancees birth certificate if i lived in certain states( which i did not) But later when i didnt give it to him, he said it was now required with all applications.

so...what is it then? is the Birth Certificate of the beneficiary needed in the I-129F filing?

K1 journey

AOS

EAD

116322026488201.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok then, I will accept that it's just the birth certificate they want. What I need to know now is, can Rey take a good scan of it, e-mail it, have me print it out and get it translated here? Wer'e going to be in Argentina next week, so a Portuguese-to-English translation might be difficult to come by...

I know my birth certificate could have been a copy. Can I send them his as a copy too?

No, it's not needed. We don't know exactly why I got an RFE for it, but it happens sometimes. Nobody here is saying you have to send it in right away.

I know you guys are just about to file, so what I would do is just file and if you get an RFE, you get one. But that's just what I would do.

Timeline

If you read through the thread, you'll see that although it's not a requirement as per the instructions, you might or might not get an RFE for the beneficiary's birth certificate + translation into English. It's not usual to get an RFE for that as it's been in the past, but it can happen.

ok! thanks :D

K1 journey

AOS

EAD

116322026488201.gif

The checklist my lawyer gave me to start collecting my documents said fiancees birth certificate if i lived in certain states( which i did not) But later when i didnt give it to him, he said it was now required with all applications.

so...what is it then? is the Birth Certificate of the beneficiary needed in the I-129F filing?

NO, not required. Yet some have been served an RFE for it. The I-129F instructions do not ask for it.

If you chose to add it anyway, that is a personal choice.

Edited by William33

Timeline

No, it's not needed. We don't know exactly why I got an RFE for it, but it happens sometimes. Nobody here is saying you have to send it in right away.

I know you guys are just about to file, so what I would do is just file and if you get an RFE, you get one. But that's just what I would do.

thanks alex! you've been really a great help since we joined here....

things are getting worst for us this time...we are planning not to send it right away...

thanks for all the info you're giving us :D i hope...you'll be ok soon...

K1 journey

AOS

EAD

116322026488201.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why not send it??? Seems you guys like to be a lil longer apart from the loved ones!!! :wacko:

Plus, you will need to translate the BC anyway for AOS...

Carol :o

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Sorry to send mixed signals! You do NOT need to send a BC for a benificiary! However, If you have time and they can provide this document that is translated into English and can be notorized, The do it!!! Do not submit anything that is not translatted into English.

So the question is? Do we send this, or maybe wait for an RFE???? $64,000.00 question. If you have the documents then YES send it. If not, You are most likely OK! In my case, My Girl had the document and insisited I submit and all I can say is that we had NO RFE for anything! I did have clear and precise cover pages for all documents which explained in a sentence what the documents were supporting.

Sorry to send mixed signals! You do NOT need to send a BC for a benificiary! However, If you have time and they can provide this document that is translated into English and can be notorized, The do it!!! Do not submit anything that is not translatted into English.

So the question is? Do we send this, or maybe wait for an RFE???? $64,000.00 question. If you have the documents then YES send it. If not, You are most likely OK! In my case, My Girl had the document and insisited I submit and all I can say is that we had NO RFE for anything! I did have clear and precise cover pages for all documents which explained in a sentence what the documents were supporting.

Glad you brought up not to forget a translation if the BC is in a foreign language. This is basically what Kaydee is saying. If something eg the BC is submitted when it isn't a requirement and one forgets to submit the translation, then one should expect an RFE for the translation. If the BC hadn't been submitted in the first place then more than likely one wouldnt receive an RFE at least in the case of the BC.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Not to challenge you Lorelle, but Kaydee insisted above, that "any document", other than the specific documents required on the I-129F are "Superfluous".

Specifically, she inferred that: "any additional documentation will result in, or risk an RFE".

I agree that if a petitioner chooses to forward a beneficiary BC, it must be translated, although the beneficiary BC is not required.

Glad you brought up not to forget a translation if the BC is in a foreign language. This is basically what Kaydee is saying. If something eg the BC is submitted when it isn't a requirement and one forgets to submit the translation, then one should expect an RFE for the translation. If the BC hadn't been submitted in the first place then more than likely one wouldnt receive an RFE at least in the case of the BC.
Edited by William33

I agree which is why earlier I only agreed with Kaydee in part as there are occasions when submitting extra documentation can assist ones case particularly those from high fraud countries or those that perhaps may have red flags when it comes to the interview. Or a case that has unigue circumstances, with evidence submitted to support an attachment. By dealing with possible issues at petition level and making it known to USCIS, it may perhaps make a difference, as a conof must have information not known by USCIS when they approved the petition, in order for a petition to be sent back to USCIS for revocation. I can also see a benefit in submitting the beneficiary BC, just as I can see a benefit for the petitioner in submitting a copy of his/her drivers licence, in that they may assist in clearing up any false name hits a lot faster. Just an added thought.

Not to challenge you Lorelle, but Kaydee insisted above, that "any document", other than the specific documents required on the I-129F are "Superfluous".

Specifically, she inferred that: "any additional documentation will result in, or risk an RFE".

I agree that if a petitioner chooses to forward a beneficiary BC, it must be translated, although the beneficiary BC is not required.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Lorelle,

Well stated point, as usual. I feel that in some cases, extra documentation, on a case by case basis, is appropriate.

I fundamentally disagreed with Kaydee, in that "extra" documents are not a "risk" for an RFE, provided that they are well researched. This conclusion would be based upon previous experience, with individual or country specific circumstances.

This thread could go on and on. I just hope that new people read it all, and perform due diligence on their own specific circumstances.

Cheers!!

I agree which is why earlier I only agreed with Kaydee in part as there are occasions when submitting extra documentation can assist ones case particularly those from high fraud countries or those that perhaps may have red flags when it comes to the interview. Or a case that has unigue circumstances, with evidence submitted to support an attachment. By dealing with possible issues at petition level and making it known to USCIS, it may perhaps make a difference, as a conof must have information not known by USCIS when they approved the petition, in order for a petition to be sent back to USCIS for revocation. I can also see a benefit in submitting the beneficiary BC, just as I can see a benefit for the petitioner in submitting a copy of his/her drivers licence, in that they may assist in clearing up any false name hits a lot faster. Just an added thought.

Filed: Timeline

You don't have to photocopy all the pages; they really only want to see the front page with the name and photo.

Go read through the RFE Master List and you'll see at least one (that I know of) RFE to send in all pages of a passport. If you submit it, make sure to submit it correctly.

I had an RFE for a copy of my birth cert AND/OR passport. The RFE didn't say anything

about "all pages". I only sent the front page of my passport, and decided not to send the

birth cert. Worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

In the guides it says:

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of a naturalization certificate. This is used to establish citizenship

I made my fiance copy all pages of his UK passport to submit & I copied all of mine. I highlighted our corresponding travel stamps. No RFE here.

Side note: I consider 5 pages of Skype logs + 5 pages of emails + 5 pages of IMs superfluous.

A copy of the beneficiary's passport is important government documentation!!!

Edited by devilette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.