Alex+R

WTF? Wakass RFE finally arrives

98 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Alex+R,

When you send the RFE evidence back, send it USPS Express ($14 and change).

On the front and back of the USPS provided document Envelope, write the following: ATTN:RFE in red marker.

This is the information on the RFE envelope supplied by CSC.

You may want to write your case number on the envelope, as well.

It will then move through CSC very fast!

So um, while I have your attention... how do I send an RFE? Do I have to send it in the enevelope they gave me, or can I put that envelope in a certified mail thing? Should I write the case number and "RFE" on that larger envelope?

I seriously suck at searching VJ.

Thank you William33!!! I think I have seen this suggestion before so it's got my vote.

I will now go muster the courage to leave my house with gigantic chipmunk cheeks (just had the wisdom teeth out) and go to the post office!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Also, send back the RFE they sent you so they know why the hell you are sending this.

And make copies of everything.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Also, send back the RFE they sent you so they know why the hell you are sending this.

Hehe, ah yes, I've got the RFE and after that a cover letter, then the birth certificate (front and back, with specified "front" and "back") my translator sworn statement, and my English translation.

If that doesn't work, what will!! :)

kaydee,

Yeah - except that joeyjoey made an assumption that turned out to be wrong. Alex+R has made it quite clear that petitioner did not submit a copy of beneficiary's foreign language birth certificate with the petition.

So this particular case does not support your arguement.

Yodrak

Yodrak.

My argument is nonetheless always relevant, whether supported by this particular circumstance or not.

Here's why.

It's never a good idea to supply superfulous information, particulary in the form of documents, as it just increases the possibilty of generating an RFE.

If a particular document wasn't asked for then don't submit it. Sure, there's always the exceptions whereby something that's not required (or asked to be submitted in the I-129F petition) is asked for later via an RFE but to try to anticipate these anomalous situations by padding ones submittal is, frankly a waste of time and adds more risky. :yes:

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

It's never a good idea to supply information, particulary in the form of documents, as it just increases the possibilty of generating an RFE.

If a particular document wasn't asked for then don't submit it. Sure, there's always the exceptions whereby something that's not required (or asked to be submitted in the I-129F petition) is asked for later via an RFE but to try to anticipate these anomalous situations by padding ones submittal is, frankly a waste of time and adds more risky. :yes:

I agree in the most part which is why I don't think it is a good idea to add something to the guides, even as an option, when something is not a requirement and only a handful of RFE's are being received for the beneficiary's BC. But there are cases whereby submitting extra documents can assist ones case if there are circumstances specific to that case, that will assist in the adjudication of a petition. This particularly applies to those going through certain consulates where denials/revocation are more likely to occur. This is why it is often suggested to research as to what may be prudent to submit at petition stage for a specific consulates, especially one that is classed as high fraud.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

kaydee457,

Superfluous information?

How about 100 e-mails, chat logs and all the other garbage people send in? Establishing an ongoing relationship, when all that is required is a single meeting within two years?

We are talking about legal documents here, hardly Superfluous. In fact, the more legal documents and evidence you submit, may give stronger support to your case.

What makes you think it would generate an RFE?

My argument is nonetheless always relevant, whether supported by this particular circumstance or not.

Here's why.

It's never a good idea to supply superfulous information, particulary in the form of documents, as it just increases the possibilty of generating an RFE.

William33

Any document, particularly those that are "legal documents", that you submit that's not been asked for, a.k.a. superfluous, subjects you needlessly to the scrutiny of the adjudicator perusing your submittal.

If you submit a piece of "evidence" to support your petition it will be evaluated whether or not it's relevant to this phase of the process.

Unfortunately, there have been many instances reported in these forums of people having to respond to RFE's necessitating the applicant to explain or clarify a single piece of "evidence" that wasn't asked for in the first place.

You mention some forms of evidence. Other forms are "documents" that raise more questions than add credibility to an applicants petition.

Beneficiaries BC are not asked for and are not required for a I-129F petition submittal.

One should never submit documents that aren't asked for, except of course those solicited via an RFE.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

kaydee457,

While I agree that one should not submit more documentation than asked for, the OP of this thread advises of an RFE for the beneficiaries BC. Not the first case of it either. Obviously each adjudicator has their own perception of what is required and act accordingly.

Defining just what a superfluous item is, well, that is subjective also.

As I stated before, sending in proof of an ongoing relationship, when not necessary or requested is questionable as well.

The suggestions over the last few pages infer, that a copy of the beneficiaries translated BC could be sent in.

That is up to the petitioner to decide. It is not good or bad advice, it is just an option.

William33

Any document, particularly those that are "legal documents", that you submit that's not been asked for, a.k.a. superfluous, subjects you needlessly to the scrutiny of the adjudicator perusing your submittal.

If you submit a piece of "evidence" to support your petition it will be evaluated whether or not it's relevant to this phase of the process.

Unfortunately, there have been many instances reported in these forums of people having to respond to RFE's necessitating the applicant to explain or clarify a single piece of "evidence" that wasn't asked for in the first place.

You mention some forms of evidence. Other forms are "documents" that raise more questions than add credibility to an applicants petition.

Beneficiaries BC are not asked for and are not required for a I-129F petition submittal.

One should never submit documents that aren't asked for, except of course those solicited via an RFE.

William33

It is not advisable to send in superfluous documentation with your I-129F petition. It is best to wait for an RFE.

My advice?

Follow the instructions. That's the best advice. There’s no beneficiary BC asked for in the I-129F instructions and therefore it is risky to submit one.

This is not subjective, but superfluous simply because the document was/is not solicited by the USCIS.

It is always risky submitting superfluous documentation, especially if it comes in the form of "legal documentation".

Kaydee

miss_me_yet.jpg

kaydee457,

Your opinion is duly noted.

William33

It is not advisable to send in superfluous documentation with your I-129F petition. It is best to wait for an RFE.

My advice?

Follow the instructions. That's the best advice. There’s no beneficiary BC asked for in the I-129F instructions and therefore it is risky to submit one.

This is not subjective, but superfluous simply because the document was/is not solicited by the USCIS.

It is always risky submitting superfluous documentation, especially if it comes in the form of "legal documentation".

Kaydee

William33

My advice?

Kaydee

I have to Chime in! Kaydee457, You have an Noa1 that goes back to June 2005. Congradulations on much success since then! You missed IMBRA!!! Things might have changed? I don't know. But I wont spill out what I think is total fact! When every single petition filled, in maybe a different location, can bring a different result. I have learned from this forum that NO ONE VJ MEMBERS ADVICE IS FACT!!! Different times, different adjucaters, and different filling locations.

Sticking to the initial post about BS "Birth Certificate with English translation" for the benificiary. NO it is not a required peice of information that the USCIS asks for. My Fiance from Russia had looked at her forums and took personal advice from them and a friend who married a Canadian that she should get 3 certified copies with English translation. I told her it was not asked for but she wanted me to put into our I-129f petition. I did. I also included a photo copy of my Civilian Police ID. This was not asked for but why not add it? I had cover letters for everything with explainations that were only a couple of sentences for the explanations as to why they where sent. We were blessed with a CSC approval that was much sooner than I excpected.

So true to my word, This is NOT FACT for all VJ members! This is only my opinion :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't have to photocopy all the pages; they really only want to see the front page with the name and photo.

Go read through the RFE Master List and you'll see at least one (that I know of) RFE to send in all pages of a passport. If you submit it, make sure to submit it correctly.

I had an RFE for a copy of my birth cert AND/OR passport. The RFE didn't say anything

about "all pages". I only sent the front page of my passport, and decided not to send the

birth cert. Worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Well said!!! :thumbs:

I have to Chime in! Kaydee457, You have an Noa1 that goes back to June 2005. Congradulations on much success since then! You missed IMBRA!!! Things might have changed? I don't know. But I wont spill out what I think is total fact! When every single petition filled, in maybe a different location, can bring a different result. I have learned from this forum that NO ONE VJ MEMBERS ADVICE IS FACT!!! Different times, different adjucaters, and different filling locations.

Sticking to the initial post about BS "Birth Certificate with English translation" for the benificiary. NO it is not a required peice of information that the USCIS asks for. My Fiance from Russia had looked at her forums and took personal advice from them and a friend who married a Canadian that she should get 3 certified copies with English translation. I told her it was not asked for but she wanted me to put into our I-129f petition. I did. I also included a photo copy of my Civilian Police ID. This was not asked for but why not add it? I had cover letters for everything with explainations that were only a couple of sentences for the explanations as to why they where sent. We were blessed with a CSC approval that was much sooner than I excpected.

So true to my word, This is NOT FACT for all VJ members! This is only my opinion :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, we sent more of what they asked for and never got an RFE. I understand its a waste of time for the officer, but not for me, just because there was everything they asked plus some more evidence. No reasons to get an RFE at all. Why would hurt any application just sending in the BC from beneficiary???

To the OP: we sent in with the initial application (I-129f), my birth cert and translation copies. Never got any RFE.

Good luck!

Carol ;)

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.