ingucis78

voting

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

do you think there is any way for me to still able to vote in next year elections .lets say if i become citizen in next few months.

i feel like this will be really important year and i would love to be able to cast my vote.

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My guess would be yes! Once you take the oath to become a naturalized citizen before Nov 6, 2012, you will afford all the rights of Natural born citizen in USA. That means you can register to vote, or run any public office except the become President of USA. :hehe: Well good luck on taking your citizenship test! Happy New Year!

do you think there is any way for me to still able to vote in next year elections .lets say if i become citizen in next few months.

i feel like this will be really important year and i would love to be able to cast my vote.

YES! The minute you sworn oath and naturalized, you are entitled to all the rights of an American Citizen, which includes voting rights. :)

Good Luck!

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is actually a cut off date to resister by. You would need to be a USC before that date to be able to vote. voting resigtation cut off by state

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

thank you.i have no idea which state i belong to as military.when i came to US we lived in FL(got FL state id,that exp).but i have AZ DL. :star:

now we are in VA until we move to TX next year.

fun fun fun

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to be registered to vote a specified time before the election. In Georgia it is 30 days. I missed out being able to vote just after I became a US Citizen as my registration did not go through in time to make the cut off. The State you are living in when you get your citizenship is where you will register to vote first. When you move, you will need to register to vote again in whatever state you move to. It doesn't travel with you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

thank you.i have no idea which state i belong to as military.when i came to US we lived in FL(got FL state id,that exp).but i have AZ DL. :star:

now we are in VA until we move to TX next year.

fun fun fun

I was in the military when I first was old enough to vote, had to see my commanding officer, give my permanent address, and they got the voting forms. Was called in to vote, really made a big deal out of it, with several officers hanging around as witnesses. Check with your CO.

Consider the house to be most important, hope my fellow Americans realize less taxes only applies if you happen to be a billionaire.

Timeline

I was in the military when I first was old enough to vote, had to see my commanding officer, give my permanent address, and they got the voting forms. Was called in to vote, really made a big deal out of it, with several officers hanging around as witnesses. Check with your CO.

Consider the house to be most important, hope my fellow Americans realize less taxes only applies if you happen to be a billionaire.

sorry i should of said..i am military wife.

i really really hope i can vote.i am really exited.my hubby dont understand why this is such a big deal.

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

sorry i should of said..i am military wife.

i really really hope i can vote.i am really exited.my hubby dont understand why this is such a big deal.

I think it's awesome that you are excited to vote!! :thumbs:

I wish I was more excited about the options. :angry:

Timeline

I think it's awesome that you are excited to vote!! :thumbs:

I wish I was more excited about the options. :angry:

Wife is excited about voting, her former country, Venezuela is now a dictatorship. But like me, doesn't like the choices, have to guess about the least of two evils. Would be a different story if most Americans voted for what they consider the losers, want to vote with the poles for the winner. Not easy living in a country loaded with idiots, but seeing the effects of that thinking now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just realised I should be all done and registered to vote before November... I'll be a little miffed if I get delayed and don't get to cast my 'liberal lefty' vote. :P

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Timeline

If you can make it, always on a Tuesday and in November living up north, can get one hell of a snow storm. Never a day off from work, not a holiday. With kids at school or daycare, still have to pick them up and hope to get a baby sitter. Polls are generally quiet during the day, but if you can't make it before 6:00 PM, packed with long lines and they normally close at 8:00 PM.

Presidential primaries are the most important elections, but determined by that party when your state can vote. In our state, the election is already over with, with a declared winner. So only reason to vote is to show your disapproval of which idiot was elected. But doesn't make a damn bit of difference, that idiot already won!

I am sure the great founders of this country didn't mean for it to turn out this way, but that is how it is. Can only laugh in that civics test where the most important part of becoming a US citizen is being able to vote. Or maybe a better word is to cry. But then we have crooks like Karl Rove running this country instead of us.

Now isn't this telling it like it is?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.