Lamancha

Mailing I-485 Etc to USCIS with USPS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Friends,

After our wedding (yesterday) and weeks of preparation I would like to send our I-485 and other documents to Chicago. VJ FAQ says "Be sure to mail the package with return receipt requested/delivery confirmation. Send via USPS."

However, the primary address is a PO Box to which the USPS has assured me they will not send a package if it needs a return receipt. There is a second address "for Express Mail and courier service" listed below the PO Box address. Shall I just use that one?

Please advise. I would love to get this in the mail tomorrow.

All good wishes for your holiday plans.

Lamancha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I sent my package via usps priority mail. I didn't send it to the express/courier address, just the PO box one. They let me have delivery confirmation on it, I sent it on a wednesday and the tracking number told me it was delivered on the friday.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

You should be able to get delivery confirmation even with a PO Box. If you want to send it certified or with signature confirmation, use the other address.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I did delivery confirmation with USPS without issue. it's when you need a signature that you should use the street address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We sent ours with delivery confirmation to the PO box. When tracking online, I got a message saying that since no one was there to accept it, they couldn´t verify delivery confirmation. They left a note in the PO box, and next day I had my confirmation. To me it is worth it just so you can track the package and have peace of mind knowing it has arrived. Sometimes it takes USCIS a little while to cash the check and/or send the NOA1, so it is nice to have the tracking as an option. Good luck in your process!

event.png

• 10 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 12/23/2011 at 8:13 PM, Travis and Meghan said:

I sent my package via usps priority mail. I didn't send it to the express/courier address, just the PO box one. They let me have delivery confirmation on it, I sent it on a wednesday and the tracking number told me it was delivered on the friday.

Hi did you have any reply?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as this thread is quite old, it is now locked.
should one have questions on a subject, please start a new thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.