BzmommytoAmerican

Married in the USA,had baby and had to leave before applying to GC

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Excellent. Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am always slightly surprised that people studying in the US have such a poor grasp of the language. There was a post yesterday from someone who wanted to invite his Parents to his Graduation and it read like it had been written by a 5 year old.

Anyway:

There is no need for the OP to tell us anything.

I do not know if she has any other issues like a ban, struck me as being possible.

Just wondering how the PoE would take somebody married to a USC with a USC child turning up on a Student Visa... Might be an interesting conversation.

Can not say I know much about baby food, but like many foods it does vary by Country. Pretty sure I have seen the same comment about not being able to get in the US what you were used to in the UK.

If the child is not thriving and the speculation is that the child would fare better in the US then time for Daddy to get on a plane pronto. Which begs the question where Daddy is in this process. He sounds absent.

I would strongly suggest Daddy gets some Legal help.

Try studying in a different language other than your native language and you might,just might understand why :ot2:

Adjustment of Status from TPS to Permanent Resident

Married on December 28,2007 <3

01/18/2012 Sent I130 to USCIS

0/25/2012 NOA received

04/11/2012 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

04/17/2012 NOA recieved

4/23/2012 Biometric Appointment notice received

5/4/2012 Biometrics completed & the real waiting game begins !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes. Done and done. Also adding a letter from her pediatrician and gastro. Thank you

Even with letter dont expect any miracle to happen.... your timeline is 5-6 months on fast track as well, that if you have no ban and stuff.

If you have already triggered a ban it will be even longer process.

As you said earier your kid was not able to adjust in your home country.... you might want to think what your game plan is and how your kid is going to manage for 6 months when she had hard time in first couple weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one baiting post removed. discuss the topic - give the op some latitude regarding the language. any further diverging from the topic will be thread banned.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

guess i missed any syntax errors/inconsistencies. in any case, troll or no troll (i believe the latter), the dilemma is still interesting to discuss.

now, if the i-130 is filed, does that mean that the OP is on the radar as far as having a pending immigrant visa aplication? meaning the likelihood of a refused entry is increased?

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Your child can enter the US anytime. You, however, I'm not sure. If you have a valid student visa, you should use it only if you intend to study and not to adjust status. If you intend to immigrate, you have to let your husband file an I-130 for you. You can try to have it expedited, but there's a chance that it'll get denied because they could assume that the USC father CAN care for his own daughter. You have to prove why you, the mother, have to be there for her all the way. But even with expedite, it's still not going to be that quick.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I guess the flipside of all of this is -

what's the DSO say for your current status?? or status during the next 20 days?

If the DSO says 'you are current', then you should hop on a plane,

then adjust status (not any visa) once you are in the USA.

What's the word from the DSO ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.