EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is kind of funny how things work. My wife's interview was a month ago and I thought I had a full proof case. Everything perfectly aligned with what they required. My wife nailed all the questions during the interview but still got the dreaded green sheet.

You know what the funny thing is; 2 of my brothers also got married in paksitan and both of my sister-in-law's got their visa right there and then. I followed the exact same pattern but as you can see, I got different results.

Honestly, I think it depends on the CO mood. If he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, then good luck with the visa.

I just have my fingers crossed and hoping that I have the patience to bear this.

Good luck to all of ya!

Filed: Timeline

to put it in a good words it made me a better muslim i pray now :) its all up to ALLAH when our time comes we will get it . i am praying for all of you INSHALLAH good news will come . hope is there ..

K N E . bro what can i tell ya . two of my family memebers - they both guys got there visa on the spot . and my wife on the other hand she wasn't that lucky lol . i guess its all up to the person who is interviewing and that desi uncle who is translating lol

if your AP wait goes over 6 months then you need to get hold of those people in ISLAMABAD . the best thing i would do is send some one over there . face to face to see what's going on . sending these emails an't gonna work ..

Please Help me .... I got email from Embassy yesterday on 11 Jun I don't understand it what the said here is email please ..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please refer to our email of May 31, 2013. This email clearly indicates the admin processing situation in your case. Unless this situation has changed, we will not have a reason to get back to you or review this case again. May we remind that the said visa application cannot be processed any further while the admin processing is pending.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

I don't know what they said please After 18 month of APP .... Dear Allah help us please :(:(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Last update on CEAC website is 17 May 2013.

I would not loose that opportunity. I think you should ask them to return your passport. If your visa is ready to be issued, they should send your passport with the visa. Otherwise you should continue your life with your wife in another country.

Timeline

my wife was approved at her interview june 6th 2013.

Got her passport stamped with visa june 10th.

She told me after the afterview that the file appeared to have "approved" stamped on the outside of it - but she didn't think twice about it, then later wondered if they consular officer had already made up his mind before the interview.

We did have some questions about her birth certificate (not having one) at the first counter, but that never came up again at the second counter for the interview.

Hang in there everyone - your time will come,

Oh my husband saw the same thing but he said that was the I-30 petition with "approved" stamped really big. Maybe your wife saw that too.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Sajidia,

The embassy is saying that on May 31, 2013 they sent you an email saying that your case is in administrative processing. That hasn't changed. The person at the embassy that wrote to you seems to be angry that you emailed the embassy again so soon.

The embassy is also saying that they can not issue the visa until administrative processing is over.

Wait for a few months before you email the embassy again or have your congressman email for you.

Timeline

I would not loose that opportunity. I think you should ask them to return your passport. If your visa is ready to be issued, they should send your passport with the visa. Otherwise you should continue your life with your wife in another country.

Below is the email I recieved yesterday...

Thank you for your inquiry. Mr.***provided his passport to the Embassy on May 15, 2013. Unfortunately, the visa application of Mr. *** requires a new round of legally mandated administrative processing in order to verify his qualifications for this visa. Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances, it can take several months longer, as it has for his case.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals and are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel and immigration to the United States. Nonetheless, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of the visa application will be completed, please be assured that the U.S. Embassy and the Department of State are aware of your constituent’s concerns. We will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as possible.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance

Consular Officer

U.S. Department of State

Timeline

I'm so sorry the embassy is doing this to you. Another round of AP that could take 90 days or longer is heartbreaking. I think my husband is going through the same thing. The embassy asked for his passport but it's been awhile and we still haven't gotten his visa.

In certain Countries they get their visas in a few days after a 10 minute interview. It's so unfair of them to make you do AP twice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

When is you last updated date on CEAC website?

I dont want u to ask for ur passport.If the emabassy asked u it ,it means they will issue ur visa,it takes time,coz they dont hv rnough staffs,or for another reason

pliz be patient, u will hv ur visa soon as possible and be with ur beloved wife

all the best for u all

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife's interview was on May 21, 2013 and she was given the green slip asking for a new joint sponsor. CEAC website says administrative processing. My wife wears abbaya, could that be a reason for AP? Has anyone else in the same situation. Embassy received the new joint sponsor documents and updated case status date is june 14 but still AP. please share if you are in the similar situation.

Filed: Timeline

no brother sajid its not bcz of that every one is going throw this AP . some teams longer and some dont . its ALLAH's will if its our turn we will get it if not then we have to wait . I KNow its hard when u check ur status and it's AP and the date changes only lol kinda make's you mad . but just think about it . its not our time yet .

mine statues updated . o ya lol june 14 it updates every 3 days lol

Timeline

pak143, you are lucky your status changes...mine only changes when I send them an email :( :( otherwise my status update is still Dec 12 2012 (that's when it updated on its own) :(

i've stopped asking for updates now. it's just too depressing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.