EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@ Pak143, my husband had his interview on march 8th. And from march 8th to march 14th, there was an update on his case almost everyday. Then it stopped and hasn't been updated since then on its own. Give it some more time to see what happens. I hope you get approved. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have been silent reader here for over a year now. I am in AP since July 2011 for CR1/IR1 visa. For past many months of AP me and my wife have been contacting Embassy congressman and senators but nothing happened. In Jan 2013 one of our link from Deptt of State advised us to send documents related our marriage. So we sent detail documents of post marriage as my wife visited me for like 6 times till now and we have been to Malaysia Thailand UAE and KSA. So we sent them pictures of every trip to all the places with explanations whose who and where with dates and immigration and visa stamps hotel bookings tickets car rental details. After sending those documents like after 30 days I sent an email to check if they receive our long hard work I just got a reply that received the documents and those were forwarded to the consular officer who found those documents qualified but the case is still pending under administrative process and we will contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process.

In Feb 2013 I got an opportunity to have an interview in Middle east and I got selected for position for which we were really happy to go there as the package was really good and started planning our life at a new country. I did all the paper work completed and got a visa and ticket and my joining date was 21 May 2013. My wife also planned her holidays and bought ticket from Chi. I resigned from my current position in Motorola Pakistan and was keenly looking forward to join on a new assignment. On 15 May 2013 I received a call from US embassy at 9am that Do you have your passport with you I said yes he said we need your passport as your visa is approved. I asked how long would it take until I get my passport back he said it will take 2 to 3 days at most just send us thru AMEX I asked him do you need any other document with it he said just your passport. I immediately went to AMEX office and submitted my passport as it may take 3 days to return so I thought it would wise to get it done before I leave. On that night me and my wife received an email from congress office which we have been in contact for our immigrant visa case saying pls read below email from my contact in Deptt of state which stated “ Thank you for your patience with our response. My colleagues at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad report that Mr. *** administrative processing is complete. He should submit his passport to the Embassy right away. Otherwise, the longer the delay, there’s a possibility that additional administrative processing may be required yet again. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance to your office or to your constituent. Sincerely, Consular Officer U.S. Department of State”

We got really happy and replied to congress office that I submitted my passport earlier today and hope that visa arrives soon thanks for your support. But till now I never received my passport back as yet It will going to be a month now. I have already asked my new company to extend my joining date to 6 weeks stating them that its just unavoidable circumstances. My wife cancelled her flight as we all know how much last minute cancellation costs.

Guys, Pls advise would it be wise to ask for return passport now as our case might be at ending stage or let my new job go and wait for I don’t know how long. I have been sending emails to congress office and to embassy. Congress office say that it might take few weeks to produce visa just wait and embassy says its still in AP.

When is you last updated date on CEAC website?

DOS will never tell you what is going on with your case until the embassy is ready to either issue or deny the visa. They will not tell you if it is in security clearance.

When your case is in AP the embassy has not made a decision on the visa. You are waiting to find out what will happen.

Asslam u alikum

friend i want to ask you is your AP with green slip

my intrw was 12 feb 2013.co gave me a green slip 221g and ticket and additional documents and kept my passport and asked me you will have to wait for 2 to 4 months

i was check ceac website my status was update 9 march 2013 then 9 april then 9 may now its 11 june but status is not update

now waht should i do how much my case take time

i m confused

Timeline

We don't know either. This AP is too depressing. there is no way to know how long it will take :( I wish we could find out when they are going to Issue the visa crying.gif

Asslam u alikum

friend i want to ask you is your AP with green slip

my intrw was 12 feb 2013.co gave me a green slip 221g and ticket and additional documents and kept my passport and asked me you will have to wait for 2 to 4 months

i was check ceac website my status was update 9 march 2013 then 9 april then 9 may now its 11 june but status is not update

now waht should i do how much my case take time

i m confused

our case status updated date doesn't change either. It only changes when we email the Embassy and ask about our case. but we always get the same general answer and see update date changed on ceac website. We don't know when visa is going to be issued or what they are doing right now with our case :crying:

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Why has no one been issued visa recently from Pakistan?? :o :o

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

Salam to all Vj fellows, today its been 6 months and 8 days of my AP. Today i mailed to islamabad embessy and they reply me that ur case is still under AP and Please rest assured that this case has neither been forgotten, nor slipped through the cracks.Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict as to how long it still may take. However as soon as this process has completed, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her form DS-230.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Timeline

Salam to all Vj fellows, today its been 6 months and 8 days of my AP. Today i mailed to islamabad embessy and they reply me that ur case is still under AP and Please rest assured that this case has neither been forgotten, nor slipped through the cracks.Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict as to how long it still may take. However as soon as this process has completed, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her form DS-230.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

6 months is a long time :o what if our case takes that long too. we are already too sad :crying:

Why don't they just tell us how long it may take ? :o :o

My Case Status Update is Never change from the date of Interview , 7th August 2012 sad.png What does it mean ???

What is your visa type? Cr1 visa or sibling visa?

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Timeline

There are people that are getting their visa from Pakistan they just don't post on visa journey. Mostly women get their visas right away. I do not know why those of us on visa journey are waiting and suffering like this. We have to keep believing that we will get our visas soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my wife was approved at her interview june 6th 2013.

Got her passport stamped with visa june 10th.

She told me after the afterview that the file appeared to have "approved" stamped on the outside of it - but she didn't think twice about it, then later wondered if they consular officer had already made up his mind before the interview.

We did have some questions about her birth certificate (not having one) at the first counter, but that never came up again at the second counter for the interview.

Hang in there everyone - your time will come,

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.