EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Your prayers are needed to get out of AP as my employer has given me deadline that if my visa doesnt get through tll end of this month it will be all over. Its been 43 days now called many times to DOS but same answer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After the second anniversary of the marriage the status does change to IR-1. The embassy may not issue an IR-1 visa. When you get to the airport in the United States tell them you have been married over 2 years and get a 10 years green card. You may need to bring along your marriage certificate.

Timeline

Yesterday our status date changed on the ceac website to June 3rd and I got so excited but it was only my Senator asking about the status of our case. Some days I get so discouraged and disappointed. Only God has given me strength to get through almost 4 years of waiting.

I am feeling very sorry for myself today because I'm so tired of waiting. The embassy asked us for new documents and a medical which we sent as fast as we could only to have to wait some more. I don't think they should ask for new documents and a medical until they are ready to issue the visa. It just gets your hopes up for nothing.

I feel the people at the embassy are heartless. They are keeping families apart for years and they don't seem to care.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Luck dear..i am also waiting for my visa from last 3 years

Yesterday our status date changed on the ceac website to June 3rd and I got so excited but it was only my Senator asking about the status of our case. Some days I get so discouraged and disappointed. Only God has given me strength to get through almost 4 years of waiting.

I am feeling very sorry for myself today because I'm so tired of waiting. The embassy asked us for new documents and a medical which we sent as fast as we could only to have to wait some more. I don't think they should ask for new documents and a medical until they are ready to issue the visa. It just gets your hopes up for nothing.

I feel the people at the embassy are heartless. They are keeping families apart for years and they don't seem to care.

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

It sure seems that way sad.png

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

My wife's case just entered the 9th month in AP and not really sure what else I can do. Everytime I call the DOS and ask them if they need any additional documentation they say no.

When I was in Pakistan and tried to go to the emabssy I was told I could speak to someone in the US Citizen services department but I would not be allowed to speak to someone from the Immigrant visa department. A friend of mine was told recently that he won't be able to accompany his wife to the interview either...

Tried to get a job in Middle East but found out in Kuwait pakistanis are not getting visas and on US passport I can stay there no problem and leave every 3 months but without residency I can't bring family there either. Just really sucks!

I know how you feel, it feels terrible. Some days you can feel better thinking you are almost there but then there comes those days when you feel broken. But Insha Allah (God Willing) we will hear good news soon. Just keep strong and dont let this process break you down. Just remember the love in ur life and be grateful for it, patience is the key to every problem.

Timeline

You are correct patience is the key but I still wonder why the embassy would ask for fresh documents and a medical if they were not ready to issue the visa. It cost $140 for the medical plus $100 to send documents to Pakistan Fed-Ex. It's both the emotional and financial toll this takes on you.

4 years ago when I met my husband I felt young and happy. After getting beat down by the embassy I feel old and tired. Going to Pakistan to visit is very expensive. I've used up all my savings between the visa process and visits to Pakistan. I have friends that keep telling me I am wasting my life trying to get him over here and that a divorce is the answer to all my problems. I can't divorce him and walk away because I love him so much.

Every day I pray and wait and I will continue to do that. I don't think any of us knew that getting a visa from Pakistan would be so hard and take so much time.

You are correct patience is the key but I still wonder why the embassy would ask for fresh documents and a medical if they were not ready to issue the visa. It cost $140 for the medical plus $100 to send documents to Pakistan Fed-Ex. It's both the emotional and financial toll this takes on you.

4 years ago when I met my husband I felt young and happy. After getting beat down by the embassy I feel old and tired. Going to Pakistan to visit is very expensive. I've used up all my savings between the visa process and visits to Pakistan. I have friends that keep telling me I am wasting my life trying to get him over here and that a divorce is the answer to all my problems. I can't divorce him and walk away because I love him so much.

Every day I pray and wait and I will continue to do that. I don't think any of us knew that getting a visa from Pakistan would be so hard and take so much time.

I understand; but I also understand that no matter how much myself or we say we understand, only you alone would know how it feels.

Maybe the embassy is close to making a decision in your case, but I feel that lately they havent been working much on anyone's case. Usually when update dates start changing everyone starts to see a change but when it stops everyone sees it has stopped. So i guess this is just a really slow phase.

And you are right in not divorcing him. He is your husband despite all the seperation, and this relationship is for more than a lifetime. May Allah (God) grant us all the patience to endure this process.

With every hardship comes ease. Sometimes things are just not destined at the times we wish them to be but that doesnt mean they will never happen. Maybe all of our visas are waiting for the right time.

Insha Allah (God willing) that right time will come soon for all of us. A request to everyone, please remember all of us in your prayers. :-)

Timeline

Admin processing 6 months completed, hope this disaster will be over for every friend which faces for months & years. when the embessy reply our emails they said that, "If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry" Is this help full ?

Timeline

You have a right to know what is happening with your case. I would not wait 6 whole months to follow up with the embassy. I check the ceac website everyday and call the Department of State once a week.

Timeline

You have a right to know what is happening with your case. I would not wait 6 whole months to follow up with the embassy. I check the ceac website everyday and call the Department of State once a week.

Thank u for ur kind reply, may Allah Almighty resolve all the Ap's of our mates(Ameen).

Timeline

Carolyn,

I'm so sorry that they are playing mind games with you and others (including me). Please don't give up hope. You are one of the main reasons I'm still trying to hang in there. I tell myself that if you can do it than I should be stronger and try too.

My family won't acknowledge our marriage anymore and call me by my name before marriage. My employer has removed my husband from his extra benefits and will not put him back on until he is here and they see him.

My friends took me out for an intervention, they mean well, and gave me a hundred reasons why I need to move on. I could go on and on.

Your right that the financial burden is upon the USC usually. I have paid thousands in health insurance and other things until recently that is not even considered by the government.

When you tell them that you do it for love, they have no sympathy, they don't care, they say end it and do it for someone you can love here and at least be with. I ask them the question, do you love your husband and would you just leave him? Their answer is that it is not the same because their husband is real and they can see and touch him. He works and supports them, he goes places with them, that is a marriage they say. After a while the emotional beating is just unbearable.

I've known my husband for 5 years now and we will be married 3 this year. I never understand how we get left behind when I see someone's fiancée, not spouse, make it right in. I'm happy for them but it just puzzles me even more. It almost seems that once you hit the 2 year mark that we move into the land of eternal limbo.

It really does seem that there is no activity out of Pakistan. Only a few teases with sending in new documents. I sure hope that someday they stop judging them as a group and start giving them/us the same opportunities awarded to others. I'm just frustrated and venting.

I know it won't be me but I hope that many of you will hear great news soon. INSHALLAH I check here to hope to see some happiness for everyone!!!!! dancin5hr.gif

event.png

Timeline

It makes me feel good to know that I give hope to others and I really believe that if you love someone you should stick with them until you can't stand the wait anymore. Nobody has the right to tell you when you should give up. Your own heart will tell you when you've had enough. I have people that tell me I'm wasting my life with Ahmed and it's time to divorce and move on. I think they have a weak mind and a weak heart. I married him because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I've come too far with him to give up now.

I'm blessed in that my husband never talks about having any regrets. He is happy that he married me and loves me dearly. Having someone that really loves you is rare and something worth fighting for.

The embassy in Pakistan has given us a beating. I know they have caused many couples to break up. There comes a time in life where you have to fight for what is right and this is that time in my life.

I wish I lived near you so that I could help you with more than just words. I know it's hard to wait and when your friends and family don't support you it's even harder. Just know that I support you and everyone else that is suffering under the boot of the embassy in Pakistan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.