EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't stop by often anymore but for some reason thought i would today and i see the current comments... yes idk for what reason but this embassy has made a lot of us truly struggle with the immigration process and creates a lot of emotional pain and heartbreak. Our case was returned for recovation but they have yet to tell us why. so i guess we will sit in limbo until they decide to send our NOIR and then maybe even deal with another lengthy AP again like CArolyn... even tho our AP already lasted 1 yr and 9 months before they sent our case back.

They won't break us we are married and for life if we can't get him here that's fine, when my smallest is olde enough we will move to him. The only reason we wanted him here was because i cant move until the smallest is olde enough and we would lose time together if we waited so long which i guess we are alredy but not due to us but the process. We will probablly lose the possibility to have our own children which is really emotional for us but at the same time we love eachother and will find a way even if we decide to go to pakistan and adopt. I would rather be married to a man like my husband who is respectful and caring and supportive and loving and always there online either emails phone calls or web cam all day and be separated by distance and visit once a yera together than to be married to someone who neglected and emotionall abused me and always had better things to do than to be with me or talk to me.

we will be married 3 yrs in OCt and been doing this since Nov 2010 so i just got my 5 yr spousal visa from the pakistan embassy bought my ticket and am going to visit my husband in august. Now that my daughter is stable I can go so thats the only good news i have to share but its really goooood news for us right now and we take everything we can get.

Just stay focused on yourselves, and your marriage or your loved ones and know that for whatever reason we are being made an example of thru this immigration process. There will be a happy ending for us but in time... after that we can look back and be able to see why we had to go thru such an ordeal and so much struggle but until then its painful but you aren't alone!

God be with all of you and Inshallah our happy endings will come

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

HI EAbbas,

We have all missed you and your caring advice. I pray that you get your NOIR soon so you can win your appeal. I also pray that the embassy doesn't put you in AP again.

Going to see your husband is the best gift you could give yourself. I know you will enjoy yourself and be happy in Pakistan. Just be prepared for the heat. Pakistan in the summer is like sitting inside an oven.

Timeline

Hi, EAbbas nice to see you hanging in there..

My wife in pakistan said the same thing to me and we were talking about this "why i can't move to pakistan" recently. i am currently planning on this and SAVING money, it's been 1 year now in AP... To keep it real In news which i listen closely i can see Pakistan is signing deals with China for electricity and Iran for compressed natural gas i don't blame them a bit because "energy is pakistan's top need at the moment" the two country that don't sit well with USA but As for Immigration they will continue to retard the process to pressure pakistan to exit the deal (YES this part of american govt's way).. At the end of the day it is more important to be together with your love1 then the stupid visa...

PS: yes i tried senator,congressman and U.S president--------> they all puppets

Timeline

Hii Guys, i just had my interview on 6th of june,

and i made a mistake by selecting interview language Urdu though i could speak in english but i got nervous while siting there and i though it would be convenient

to have the interview in the native language which went all awkward. soon the guy hands me a green slip saying AP pending.

By me selecting language as urdu made anything worse. i am kinda worried :S

Timeline

How do you think it went awkwardly?

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

because i could understand him but because the translator further had to translate it and then i replied in English where the consular said that u could speak in english then why did u took a translator....i replied that just in case i dont understand u .... idk what i was thinking that i selected my interview in urdu :S

do u think is that a big deal?

Timeline

No I don't think it's a big deal that you had your interview in Urdu even though you can speak English. The main thing is did you answer the questions correctly?

Most males from Pakistan are placed in administrative processing. Just pray that it is short and you get the visa.

Timeline

No I don't think it's a big deal that you had your interview in Urdu even though you can speak English. The main thing is did you answer the questions correctly?

Most males from Pakistan are placed in administrative processing. Just pray that it is short and you get the visa.

I agree its not a big deal.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@saphire925

Interesting you were there the same day my wife and I were! We must have been sitting in the same room at the same time?

my wife also knows and converses with me in English mostly, but chose to use a translator and gave her interview in Urdu.

At one point she said she started explaining in English and the consular officer apparently told her that she can continue in Urdu as she would be more comfortable with it...

He also said he understands Urdu - which im guessing that all the consular officers do...

I agree with others - so long as the answers you gave are correct and make sense, then it wont matter than you used both English and Urdu to give replies.

Good luck with your AP

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have been silent reader here for over a year now. I am in AP since July 2011 for CR1/IR1 visa. For past many months of AP me and my wife have been contacting Embassy congressman and senators but nothing happened. In Jan 2013 one of our link from Deptt of State advised us to send documents related our marriage. So we sent detail documents of post marriage as my wife visited me for like 6 times till now and we have been to Malaysia Thailand UAE and KSA. So we sent them pictures of every trip to all the places with explanations whose who and where with dates and immigration and visa stamps hotel bookings tickets car rental details. After sending those documents like after 30 days I sent an email to check if they receive our long hard work I just got a reply that received the documents and those were forwarded to the consular officer who found those documents qualified but the case is still pending under administrative process and we will contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process.

In Feb 2013 I got an opportunity to have an interview in Middle east and I got selected for position for which we were really happy to go there as the package was really good and started planning our life at a new country. I did all the paper work completed and got a visa and ticket and my joining date was 21 May 2013. My wife also planned her holidays and bought ticket from Chi. I resigned from my current position in Motorola Pakistan and was keenly looking forward to join on a new assignment. On 15 May 2013 I received a call from US embassy at 9am that Do you have your passport with you I said yes he said we need your passport as your visa is approved. I asked how long would it take until I get my passport back he said it will take 2 to 3 days at most just send us thru AMEX I asked him do you need any other document with it he said just your passport. I immediately went to AMEX office and submitted my passport as it may take 3 days to return so I thought it would wise to get it done before I leave. On that night me and my wife received an email from congress office which we have been in contact for our immigrant visa case saying pls read below email from my contact in Deptt of state which stated “ Thank you for your patience with our response. My colleagues at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad report that Mr. *** administrative processing is complete. He should submit his passport to the Embassy right away. Otherwise, the longer the delay, there’s a possibility that additional administrative processing may be required yet again. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance to your office or to your constituent. Sincerely, Consular Officer U.S. Department of State”

We got really happy and replied to congress office that I submitted my passport earlier today and hope that visa arrives soon thanks for your support. But till now I never received my passport back as yet It will going to be a month now. I have already asked my new company to extend my joining date to 6 weeks stating them that its just unavoidable circumstances. My wife cancelled her flight as we all know how much last minute cancellation costs.

Guys, Pls advise would it be wise to ask for return passport now as our case might be at ending stage or let my new job go and wait for I don’t know how long. I have been sending emails to congress office and to embassy. Congress office say that it might take few weeks to produce visa just wait and embassy says its still in AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Eabbas, its heartbreaking and tough. I pray that Allah gives you the strength to face the difficult time ahead. May Allah protect your little angel and cure her very soon.

HI RealAl ,i read ur post,and i saw that u had a 2nd interview in the embassy,

i emailed u today,to ask for ur help,coz the embassy emailed me today and they asked me to go to the embassy for a 2 nd interview,i am Under AP for more then 5 months,pliz can u help me,i know that u had an experience with the 2 nd INTERVIEW

pliz i need advices from u and from visajourney members

thank u for ur help

Timeline

rushingwaves,

You must decide if you want to live in the middle east or if you want to live in America? If you want to live in the middle east then ask for your passport back although the embassy might not send it for several weeks.

tanina,

My husband was called for a second interview. He was taken into a back room at the embassy and asked many questions. Take proof of relationship like emails and phone records and pictures.

Filed: Timeline

SALAAM to all. How you all doing -

i had a question about AP date updates status /

i have seen alot of people talking about there AP date never updates or when it does it happens in months or so .

I had a interview in islamabad pak. week a go and they tock all my stuff . i asked them if there was somthing wrong with my papers they said no . and they put me on AP . and my AP date has been updated 3 times oready . so what does that mean . are they working on it . or it just updates for nothing ?

thanks alot smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.