• Male and pro-life
    • Woman and pro-choice
    • Woman and pro-life
    • Male and don't care
    • Woman and don't care

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Inspired by the thread in off-topic, I was wondering about whether men and women thought differently about abortions rights.

Feel free to comment on your choice or the poll in general...

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 'female pro-choice'...........

I am one those 'stupid' women who had an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy at 30...and thought long and hard about what to do.....I don't believe abortion is an 'easy' option at all. I decided against it and kept the baby....but at least I had a CHOICE.

Edit to add: The father also had an imput to the decision...but was always aware that the end decision was mine and was good with that...

Edited by welshcookie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am pro-choice

I don't believe that abortion should be used as a form of birth control... but I do believe that it is necessary for viable circumstances... rape, incest, terminal illness, etc. and yes... I am a christian.

If i were ever raped... I'm not sure how I would feel about a pregnancy... but, whatever actions I take is between me and God... not me and the general public.

Blessings all!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

male pro-choice.....

sanita..is pro-choice also..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

I am pro-choice.

I am also pro-CAPS

Disclaimer: I am a smart-a55. Anything I say can and will be used against you in whatever forum I so choose. My posts are based on my own perspective, and should not be taken as anything other than my own opinion. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is coincidental. Minimum system requirements are a human brain, version 1.0. Suggested system requirements are a human brain version 1.0 with a sense of humor and a logical thought processor above 1.0 beta. Should not be used by children. Hazardous when wet.

B3 5C 0C E2 91 8B 91 F8 7A 2C 7E E4 17 79 FA D6

i am pro-choice ... but i do struggle at times that ultimately, the man has little to no choice if the woman wants to terminate the pregnancy.

there are many women, for their own personal reasons, that don't tell the man they are pregnant, do not let him choose whether he wants the child, or give him the option to raise the child as a single father. as it is the woman that has to carry and birth the child, it's her decision to proceed with the pregnancy regardless of what the man wants.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

I'm not Pro anything. If it was outlawed or allowed to continued I wouldn't lose any sleep. My gripes are with Roe v Wade in that there is no freaking right to an abortion written in the constitution and the attitude that is shown by women on here that someone came down from the mountain with their right to an abortion on a stone tablet. States should decide individually whether they want it to be legal or not and to what degree.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why States? How about Towns? I know how about Ratepayers associations.. Or the ultimate democratic choice, Let me and my wife decide.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Why States? How about Towns? I know how about Ratepayers associations.. Or the ultimate democratic choice, Let me and my wife decide.

Because the Constitution of the United States of America does mention states and not towns.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Because there should be some legal determination and having State law covering it would make the most sense, since the doctors, clinics or hospitals involved would be State licensed.

You and you wife decide, but the person actually doing the procedure would I hope have a licence from the State and it would be within the State's jurisdiction to say if the licensed individual could perform an abortion, unless you going to buy the home kit at Walgreens.

I'm pro-choice.

I have not personally had to grapple with such a hard decision and I probably will lean more towards not having an abortion. But, even I cannot say for sure what my decision will be under extreme circumstances.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Or the ultimate democratic choice, Let me and my wife decide.

:yes::thumbs:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony