Francois007

Crabs in US EMBASSY MANILA

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In any event...I sent request to both California Senators to help.

Hired a lawyer...do you beleive that the US Embassy in Manila claims they did not receive my lawyers correspondance letter and G28 forms?

WOW

They did not receive 3 faxes of mine (spaced by a week each), one letter (from my fiancee), and an email?

Does it seem too convenient for them to not receive this?

After 9 weeks of waiting. Now I am thinking Filipino Crabs theory. :)

Timeline

Hired a lawyer...do you beleive that the US Embassy in Manila claims they did not receive my lawyers correspondance letter and G28 forms?

WOW

They did not receive 3 faxes of mine (spaced by a week each), one letter (from my fiancee), and an email?

post-115270-0-00805900-1322101298_thumb.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, we are almost in the same timeline. My interview was a week ahead of your fiancee but I was placed under AP 2 wks after interview. Hitting 2 months mark on Monday and we've just gotten my fiance's Senator to help too. Hope this wait of ours end soon with approvals!

Weeding out the crabs? I'm not sure how it will be done. They can improve by coming up with a fixed timeline, but I guess that's how the immigration works.

Feb 6, 2012 - POE Detroit

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 22, 2012 - AOS submission

May 24 - received date

May 25 - transfer notice of I485 to CSC

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

June 25 - Biometrics at Atlanta

June 29 - received a second appointment notice for repeat biometrics

July 16 - Second biometrics at Atlanta

July 28 - EAD card production notification received

Aug 2 - USPS picked up card notification received

Aug 4 - received EAD in the mail

March 26,2013 - AOS interview

April 11, 2013 - GC approval date

April 19,2013 - received GC in the mail

Timeline

Philippines is a high fraud country thus putting any applications into scrutiny. Who can blame them? Previous Filipino applicant that gave us this kind of image.

All I can say is, if there's nothing to be worried and be suspicious about, then just shrug it off. They do not know you, and it's their job to find holes in your application. Nothing personal.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

That "CRAB MENTALITY" your referring too is not limited to Filipino culture as you are suggesting. I've heard every ethnic group use that to describe one's ethnic back ground when things are not going they want. It's easy to make up a bunch of excuses or accusation when things are not going your way. Just relax, I'm sure your not the only one who is having some kind of delay. Like teapot suggested just shrug it off and wait.

It's funny how some just goes off and bad mouth Fil culture when things take a turn for the worst, but when they are courting their Fiance or wives they got nothing to say except praises for the families and Filipino people. But when they are almost done with the process all of a sudden everything is #######..lol..

Geez, after seeing the thread title I figured this was going to be about body lice. :wacko:

Me too :)

**Removal of conditions**

10/01/2014 Package sent to California Service Center

10/03/2014 NOA1

10/10/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter, Biometrics scheduled for 10/30/14

10/22/2014 Early Biometrics Walk-in - Cleveland, OH - weird experience with the clerk there - told me I can go ahead and get my biometrics taken early, but it might be too early and it might not go through??? If it might be a problem, then why let me do it at all?

02/10/2015 New Biometrics letter received, Biometrics scheduled for 03/09/15- I guess that clerk was right??

03/09/2015 Second biometrics

..waiting..

5/15/2015 Put in a service request online - outside of processing time

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I think it's easy to say negative things about people we believe are getting in the way of things we want.

Visa Fraud is a very real thing and the Philippines has a history of it. If the Filipino Embassy Employees are "Crabby" maybe it's because they're not proud of the Fraud History their country has.

More than one case has been shut down by the USEM Fraud Unit totally shocking the USC Petitioner who discovered after the fact that they didn't even really know their Island mate.

Maybe we should try to remember that these employees are the first line of defense against such fraud.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

WOW

This is a common delay tactic by USCIS and Embassy. Its BS and they know it but no way to prove it. We provided several copies of the G28 which mysteriously went missing. We hand carried them to Embassy so it wasn't lost in FAX or email. Send another email, find out who the Station Chief and the Ambassador at the Embassy are and copy them on it as well.

*It is also not specific to the Phillipines Embassy they all do this.

Edited by Used to be broken

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Geez, after seeing the thread title I figured this was going to be about body lice. :wacko:

I thought someone who interviewed had found crabs at the consulate. :rofl::bonk::dance: :dance: :dance:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

The term “crab mentality” is used to describe a kind of selfish, short-sighted thinking which runs along the lines of “if I can't have it, neither can you.” This term is especially widely used among Filipinos, who use it specifically to refer to people who pull other people down, denigrating them rather than letting them get ahead or pursue their dreams. As a general rule, an accusation of having a crab mentality is a poor reflection on someone's personality.

This concept references an interesting phenomenon which occurs in buckets of crabs. If one crab attempts to escape from a bucket of live crabs, the other crabs will pull it back down, rather than allowing it to get free. Sometimes, the crabs seem almost malicious, waiting until the crab has almost escaped before yanking it back into the pot. All of the crabs are undoubtedly aware of the fact that their fate is probably not going to be very pleasurable, so people are led to wonder why they pull each other back into the bucket, instead of congratulating the clever escape artist.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i thought it was about the crabs that you eat lol. i was like "oh the embassy must be right next to the ocean" lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.