Taurusgirl

First meeting with our loved ones

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone here want to share stories of how you met your loved one until you end up here on this journey?? Ok let me tell mine...tongue.gif

I met my wonderful man in July 2009 on a social networking site, we fell in love and still, been talking over skype and phonecalls and then he decided to meet me in person in Bali island in Nov 2010 to get married as well. biggrin.gif He proposed me the day he landed at the airport, around 1.30 am which I had to wait for an extra hour as his luggage was left in the next planerofl.gifheadbonk.gif

....Sooooo what's yours???

Met my wonderful husband when we were both teaching in Korea. We fell in love, even though I'm from America and he's from New Zealand. We went to Mexico for awhile and have visited in America a few times. Now we're back in Korea, and have been for the last 20 months while we have gotten married and waited for our greencard. Interview next month! Love him more than anything in this world and we had a pact that if he didn't get approved we'd just find some other country to live in.

Met my wonderful husband when we were both teaching in Korea. We fell in love, even though I'm from America and he's from New Zealand. We went to Mexico for awhile and have visited in America a few times. Now we're back in Korea, and have been for the last 20 months while we have gotten married and waited for our greencard. Interview next month! Love him more than anything in this world and we had a pact that if he didn't get approved we'd just find some other country to live in.

Aww, thats so sweet, best of luck for you bothsmile.gif and I hope your husband will have smooth interview!smile.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If anyone is interested, I would like to share the story of when my wife and I got married. Is it OK if I link to my blog? I've written so much about it, I don't know if that would transfer well on this forum...

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We were both flying from Odessa to Prague for our respective businesses, I did not see her until after the plane landed. Being in now hurry I waited while others exited and Alla passed me on the way out ans smiled at me. WOW! But Ok, I am used to hot Ukrainian women because I have lived there for two years but she was stunner, better than the usual.

I chatted with a Brit, also working in Odessa wandered over to pick up my bags and headed for the bus ticket counter to get a ticket to the city.

Holy smokes! The beautiful woman from the plane is right in front of me in line! She goes to the counter and asks which bus to her hotel and OMG! she is staying at the same hotel as me! The counter guy is in a hurry and explaining quickly and Alla is not understanding him to well. I jump over to another clerk and say "Two" please and buy 2 24 hour bus/trolley/subway tickets.

I then take Alla's bags and in my finest Russian say "Lets go..Follow me" An American woman would call the police, but I know a Ukrainian woman will think "Good ...a man to tote my bags"

I take her to the bus and she sits and says in Russian "Thank you, good day" (as if to say "see you later, chump!) I sat next to her and I said in Russian but using the wrong "case" "Sorry, no, this is my bus" (I used the possesive case noun) So she says in English "Oh, rich American, thinks he owns busses in Prague" :lol:

I ended up toting her bags to the hotel, carrying them to her room and she offered to buy me coffee to return the favor. Ukrainians always return favors. I met her a bit later in the hotel lounge and coffee turned into a walk in the city and then dinner, and then hanging out all the that night in the hotel lobby, we never slept, the next day seeing the city and the rest is history.

4 months and two visits later, I surprised her. She was going to Kiev on a business trip. I flew to Kiev got a taxi to the train station and was standing on the platform when she stepped off the car. "I was in the neighborhood and thought I would come by and ask you to marry me" :P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Timeline

We were 'fixed up' by a mutual friend. I will never forget our first meeting. We arranged to meet at 'Buddha Park' near Swayambhu stupa. We were supposed to meet there at 11AM I think. Neither of us had cell phones. I waited for 3 HOURS - at a certain point I thought 'oh f*** it' but some small voice said be patient, this is Nepal... Anyway he finally showed up with his dad (this is Nepal) and said that the Maoists staged a 'chakka jam'(traffic jam) and they weren't able to get a taxi. We ended up having a nice lunch at the 'Bakery Cafe' near the Royal Palace and hit it off very nicely after that inauspicious beginning.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

My husband and I met on a penpal website. I was just there looking for someone to e-mail, but it obviously turned into more. :)

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Met her in a karaoke bar in Shanghai. I was with some colleagues relaxing after a long week and she came in to meet up with a guy I knew who had brought her a gift from a friend of hers in the US. We spoke for a few minutes and exchanged business cards. She called me about an hour later and asked if I cared to meet her for a drink. At about 1 am I jumped in a taxi and met her for a glass of wine and we talked for the next several hours. Over the next 5 months we were just friends but I finally wore her down! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

We met on a penpal website. We talked for a while before wanting to be in a relationship with each other. About a year after that, I flew to Norway to meet him. During that time we talked about marriage, but on my second trip there over Christmas we officially became engaged. :)

Edited by Ashlee and Bjørn

July 29, 2010 - Met online as penpals

September 15, 2010 - Began relationship

August 25th, 2011 - Met in person

September 20, 2011 - I-129F sent

September 26, 2011 - NOA1

February 13, 2012 - NOA2

June 18, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I then take Alla's bags and in my finest Russian say "Lets go..Follow me" An American woman would call the police, but I know a Ukrainian woman will think "Good ...a man to tote my bags"

...as long as you don't look like a Uzbekistani cab driver. A Ukrainian woman still wouldn't call the police but it wouldn't be pretty.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

...as long as you don't look like a Uzbekistani cab driver. A Ukrainian woman still wouldn't call the police but it wouldn't be pretty.

:rofl:

I definitely do not look like an Uzbec cab driver. :rofl:

She says she had me pegged for an AmeriKan right away. I think she is full of BS, until I bobbled my Russian, she probably figured me for an International Jewel thief or dashing foreign Secret Agent, Jet fighter pilot, or Gran Prix race car driver...at any rate, she KNEW she had hit the jackpot! Lucky girl!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we met 10 years ago this month in a MSN chatroom... I went down to the US to meet him about 8 months after we met in the chatroom and it was love at first sight... he came up to visit me in Canada about a month after that and he hadn't planned on it but he asked me to marry him.. we got married about a year and half later... and have been together ever since.. :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were both flying from Odessa to Prague for our respective businesses, I did not see her until after the plane landed. Being in now hurry I waited while others exited and Alla passed me on the way out ans smiled at me. WOW! But Ok, I am used to hot Ukrainian women because I have lived there for two years but she was stunner, better than the usual.

I chatted with a Brit, also working in Odessa wandered over to pick up my bags and headed for the bus ticket counter to get a ticket to the city.

Holy smokes! The beautiful woman from the plane is right in front of me in line! She goes to the counter and asks which bus to her hotel and OMG! she is staying at the same hotel as me! The counter guy is in a hurry and explaining quickly and Alla is not understanding him to well. I jump over to another clerk and say "Two" please and buy 2 24 hour bus/trolley/subway tickets.

I take her to the bus and she sits and says in Russian "Thank you, good day" (as if to say "see you later, chump!) I sat next to her and I said in Russian but using the wrong "case" "Sorry, no, this is my bus" (I used the possesive case noun) So she says in English "Oh, rich American, thinks he owns busses in Prague" :lol:

I ended up toting her bags to the hotel, carrying them to her room and she offered to buy me coffee to return the favor. Ukrainians always return favors. I met her a bit later in the hotel lounge and coffee turned into a walk in the city and then dinner, and then hanging out all the that night in the hotel lobby, we never slept, the next day seeing the city and the rest is history.

4 months and two visits later, I surprised her. She was going to Kiev on a business trip. I flew to Kiev got a taxi to the train station and was standing on the platform when she stepped off the car. "I was in the neighborhood and thought I would come by and ask you to marry me" :P

Okay... this one is good. Maybe movie of the week... because of the train station move!! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”