RightClicK

My wife is a US citizen and applying for the dv lottery

85 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey guys ,

As some of you know that my wife is a US citizen and we have applied for a cr1 visa and got denied ,now am trying to apply for the dvlottery and i have some questions.

in the form they ask about my material status, i don't know if i should choose married or legally separated because my wife isn't eligible to have a visa .

2nd , should i even bother or they might refuse me later for being married to a US citizen anyways ?

Thanks ...really waiting for your answers

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are you legally separated? Just living apart doesn't count. If you are still married and have not made legal arrangements for a official separation, you are married.

Being married to a USC does not make you inelligible for the lottery. However, the reason you got denied the CR-1 may also make you inelligible for this visa (for example if it was an overstay or other ban).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Are you legally separated? Just living apart doesn't count. If you are still married and have not made legal arrangements for a official separation, you are married.

Being married to a USC does not make you inelligible for the lottery. However, the reason you got denied the CR-1 may also make you inelligible for this visa (for example if it was an overstay or other ban).

No , we aren't separated , we are married but thank you i just wasn't sure what to do or if i should list her in there because she is American .

As in for being inelligible , i'm not inelligible , i have never been to the US , i havn't got to see my first child whom got born 2 months ago yet.

I also would like to know if i should apply from there for IR1 or wait till my wife come here n wait 6 months then apply from here...tell me my best chances please.

Thanks

Beautiful patience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No , we aren't separated , we are married but thank you i just wasn't sure what to do or if i should list her in there because she is American .

As in for being inelligible , i'm not inelligible , i have never been to the US , i havn't got to see my first child whom got born 2 months ago yet.

I also would like to know if i should apply from there for IR1 or wait till my wife come here n wait 6 months then apply from here...tell me my best chances please.

Thanks

Why were you denied the spouse visa?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Why were you denied the spouse visa?

They accused us of lying and supporting fruaded documents also all of the documents we sent was notarized here at the foreign ministry and the marriage certificate was even notarized at the US embassy and attached to the Translated english documents but me and my wife know the real reason, its the age difference.

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are welcome to apply for the DV , you have a higher chance of getting hit by lighting but maybe you are lucky in that. The instructions says to list your spouse even if they don't plan on coming. See page 3 of the PDF instructions at Instructions

If you have been accused of fraud then you are ineligble for a visa and you will have to fight that no matter what visa you are trying to get

Edited by NigeriaorBust

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

You are welcome to apply for the DV , you have a higher chance of getting hit by lighting but maybe you are lucky in that. The instructions says to list your spouse even if they don't plan on coming. See page 3 of the PDF instructions at Instructions

If you have been accused of fraud then you are ineligble for a visa and you will have to fight that no matter what visa you are trying to get

Yea but the problem is , my wife is very sick and in bed, and i don't have picture of her with that qualifications they are asking for so i don't know what to do.

As in for the denial, it was attached here in some topic, let me find it and give you a link.

Edited by SamOnline

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Get someone to take a picture of here with a digital camera and send it to you. You can use their photo editor to crop it. No one says it has to be done by a professional. It just has to meet the requirements.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Get someone to take a picture of here with a digital camera and send it to you. You can use their photo editor to crop it. No one says it has to be done by a professional. It just has to meet the requirements.

Aha , ok then, Thank you , also am still searching for the denial. i will post it as soon as i find it , i just don't know how to get my old topics.

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

I was troubled by your post Samonline. I remember your struggles to get a visa... and truly I am sorry. But what troubles me about your post is you saying something false here. You said you havent seen your 2 month old baby since it was born, here's where the troubled part comes in. You did not just have a child nor did your wife. I remember you posting how you wanted to get to USA for your wife's daughter who was having a child. So I wonder why now you are saying it is your child???:blink: I see you do have a bit of a problem with keeping it real. :whistle: Here is the thing I am not trying to attack you, I am trying to give you a word of advice and caution... Tell the truth, that is the only way you will ever get a visa! Best wishes to you and your wife and congratulations to the birth of your wife's grandaughter.

Amber

Timeline

I was troubled by your post Samonline. I remember your struggles to get a visa... and truly I am sorry. But what troubles me about your post is you saying something false here. You said you havent seen your 2 month old baby since it was born, here's where the troubled part comes in. You did not just have a child nor did your wife. I remember you posting how you wanted to get to USA for your wife's daughter who was having a child. So I wonder why now you are saying it is your child???:blink: I see you do have a bit of a problem with keeping it real. :whistle: Here is the thing I am not trying to attack you, I am trying to give you a word of advice and caution... Tell the truth, that is the only way you will ever get a visa! Best wishes to you and your wife and congratulations to the birth of your wife's grandaughter.

Amber

ohh well...first of all thanks for your feels toward my situation , secondly i don't need to lie to anyone because i don't need anything from anybody so there is no reason for me to lie , and if i wanted to lie i would just ask about what i need to ask without mentioning my new born son or anything else , and as in for your confusion , my wife have been married before me , i said i have applied for a visa to see my stepchild's child , and i also have applied to see my son too , but i was denied again and there is something you need to know....not everyone NEEDS a visa WANTS it , I NEED visa to see my child or be with my wife because my wife can't live here because she has 4 kids and we just got the 5th together , but i really never wanted to go to the US , i love Egypt and the life i have in Egypt , i have a very nice job , i work for one of the biggest call centers in Egypt. i have my own house , i have a good life , i don't need to wash dishes in the US , and i wont have my family in the US so there is no need to miss all that and miss my friends whom i always find under my house and go play football with or hang out with , the way we tease , the way we live and dance , the places we go , the US would never make me feel the same no matter what , but here is the question , why would i agree to apply for a visa and leave all that ?...i guess you know the answer now.

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

If you don't want to live in the US, why are you applying for a DV?

Um... I think it's better to re-apply for the marriage visa with loads more proof.

If you had the time to really read what i said you would know why am applying for a visa , the names wouldn't matter cr1-ir1 or the dv lottery, i want to make it easier for my wife , she can't leave 4 kids there and come live in Egypt , or the cps would take her kids and she can't just abandon them and live here , so since i can move there , im moving there to make it easier for her, just stop thinking for once that everybody wants to live in the US and its the dream land.

Beautiful patience.

stop thinking for once that everybody wants to live in the US and its the dream land.

Could it be that the immigration officer saw that this is how you felt & decided what the heck,

why allow someone to get here if this country is by perceived as this person as a misery? :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.